Pearl Jam Art Of Do The Evolution Hardcover . 25th Anniversary of Music Video

Comments

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    edited June 2019
    if the next post in this thread is not about the book being released....
    I'm surprised no one here has put all of the photos into a Shutterfly account and made a "tribute variant" haha
    Post edited by PSUS2H on
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314

"It's Herd Behavior".

Same today as yesterday.

Here's one of the more then 100 original color "roughs" we did for the video. It's a marker color study of the video's director, Kevin Alitieri's, storyboard for the Cro-Magnon sequence.

Do the Evolution had close to a hundred original scenes in just 4 minutes. That's more then most animated series would have in a 22 minute episode. If we had painted full production background "keys" for each scene we would have run up close to about a 1/4 of our budget for the entire video (!) Fortunately the animation teams in Seoul both had very strong internal background painters so I knew that if we sent them a few fully painted samples and then just did color roughs of all the rest, they could execute the final painting style at their studios. And it worked.

Here's a powerful character design for the video as done by key designer, Brad Coombs.

Some of the final models of Death Girl.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    So is he basically releasing the book page by page on his facebook or what's the deal?  Won't need to buy the damn thing by the time if it ever comes out.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    So is he basically releasing the book page by page on his facebook or what's the deal?  Won't need to buy the damn thing by the time if it ever comes out.
    He said he's waiting for the band or maybe just Eddie to approve something
    I miss igotid88
  • big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,528
    Com e on, release the damn book!  How many years has this "project" been in progress?

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

"Monster City" as visualized for the video's production by the talented, Young Ki Yoon. Another favorite of mine.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

Just release the booooooook
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Flying Wing Bomber design by Jim Mitchell.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    igotid88 said:
    I get that, but why would I buy the book if I can just look at his timeline for free is what I'm saying?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    igotid88 said:
    I get that, but why would I buy the book if I can just look at his timeline for free is what I'm saying?
    I would hope the book has hi-res pictures
    I miss igotid88
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    Thus book is like Chinese Democracy.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
    If the next post from Demitrios is a picture of a filmscell, or sketch and not that the book is releases - I'm blowing up Alderaan.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714
    Lol
    Lol
    SITTING IN A CHINESE STEW
    "A model sheet from the production of the video."

RELEASE THE BOOK

RELESE THE BOOK

RELESE THE HOLIDAY SINGLES

RELESE THE BOOK

Running Girl model sheet by Brad Coombs.

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748

At least Tool fans are going to be happy.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"

Storyboard designs from the video production. Sadly this image is not one of the past anymore. Neo Nazism and murderous fascism and race hate is on the rise around world. Another 20 killed yesterday in El Paso by a white power extremist. This has to end. We need to evolve beyond these hateful philosophies and the politicians who daily spew racism and hate to gin up their followers and cling to power.

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    igotid88 said:
    Why buy vinyl when you can listen on Spotify for free?
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    bazzer said:
    igotid88 said:
    Well, why go to a fine restaurant, when you can just stick something in the microwave? Why go to the park and fly a kite, when you can just pop a pill?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited August 2019
    bazzer said:
    igotid88 said:
    Why travel the world when you can just watch the travel channel?

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

The Surgeon's are here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/158982971331463/permalink/682746865621735/

The Suicidal Businessman model sheet. Judging from the rumbling's in Wall Street and around the world, he may have some company coming up in the near future...

Hi folks, happy Sunday to you all. Here's a glimpse of the new proposed cover to our book, 'Pearl Jam: the Art of Do the Evolution". The final proofs went out to Eddie and the band a few months ago. Once we receive their comments or hopefully, sign-offs, we can finally go to press. 'Finger's crossed.

Pierre Jo It's so hard to wait !

Joe Pearson Trust me Pierre, I'm with you. I wrote the final chapters over 2 years ago.