Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• No
    JPPJ84 said:
    How about you, @OffSheGoes35 how is your life going?
    Well, S_C ranked his life as a 2/5 and he is going to France. So that would put me at about :pensive: ... 0/5. Things can only improve! 

Hope you have fun on your holiday!!! And I know you will have fun seeing S&M2! :rock_on:
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited September 2019
    JPPJ84 said:
    Well, S_C ranked his life as a 2/5 and he is going to France. So that would put me at about :pensive: ... 0/5. Things can only improve! 

Hope you have fun on your holiday!!! And I know you will have fun seeing S&M2! :rock_on:
    It will hopefully be 3.5 out of 5 when I walk around in some wineyard with my 60 year old mom, her friend and the friends french husband, a 75 year or dude who can't speak english.

Haha.

0/5 is too low though:

https://youtu.be/-6X0rOC32AA
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    JPPJ84 said:

Always look on the bright side :wink:
    I had a wonderful holiday, thank you!
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    This thread still?

I thought I read elsewhere on the internet that Agnes was married and expecting twins. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • No
    dudeman said:
    This thread still?

I thought I read elsewhere on the internet that Agnes was married and expecting twins. 
    Don't make S_C post another Arnold meme, please.
  • No
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:

Always look on the bright side :wink:
    I had a wonderful holiday, thank you!
     You're most welcome! Happy you're back. 
  • dudeman said:
    This thread still?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I'm back from the land of baguettes.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Yo I just followed you. (clallseven is my ig)
  • Yo I just followed you. (clallseven is my ig)
    I just followed you.

If this was tinder. Who knows what could have happend.
  • No
    We're waiting, Dyer...
  • Yes
    The bromance  thread  awaits
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • At lunch at work a colleague said her female friend had a boyfriend from Uganda. And he had found it surprising at first that she had so many male friends, and that people in Sweden could hang out with both women and men as friends. Not common in Uganda.

I told them that even among Pearl Jam fans, people find it unfathomable to hang out with someone of the other gender as a friend.

My colleagues had a hard time believing me. 

Then we talked about Iron Man 3. Good film or not? People had different opinions. 
  • No
    dudeman said:
    This thread still?

This made me laugh. 🤜🤛 (Fist bump)
  • No
    At lunch at work a colleague said her female friend had a boyfriend from Uganda. And he had found it surprising at first that she had so many male friends, and that people in Sweden could hang out with both women and men as friends. Not common in Uganda.

I told them that even among Pearl Jam fans, people find it unfathomable to hang out with someone of the other gender as a friend.

Then we talked about Iron Man 3. Good film or not? People had different opinions. 
    Did you tell them that we think Swedish men are just really weird, period? :tongue::wink:
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    At lunch at work a colleague said her female friend had a boyfriend from Uganda. And he had found it surprising at first that she had so many male friends, and that people in Sweden could hang out with both women and men as friends. Not common in Uganda.

You've mentioned this several times.  How did this declaration come about?

I have friends of both genders; so does my husband.  I know many others similar to us.

Some people aren't into that, fine.  Different strokes, etc.
  • hedonist said:

I have friends of both genders; so does my husband.  I know many others similar to us.

It was a storyline in season 4 of this thread. Haha.

(She got a spinning head
    Like seeing Grateful Dead)
  • At lunch at work a colleague said her female friend had a boyfriend from Uganda. And he had found it surprising at first that she had so many male friends, and that people in Sweden could hang out with both women and men as friends. Not common in Uganda.

Did you tell them that we think Swedish men are just really weird, period? :tongue::wink:
    Can't delve into what was talked about and possible comparisons being made between different countries. But I can tell you, the guy from Australia said that Sweden was miles ahead compared to where he comes from concerning these matters. He had to "learn" how to interact with his swedish wife's female friends because of the CATHOLIC SHAME he was brought up with in Australia.

Now I have sent in the shots I've worked on this lovely sunday to the director, and I will brew myself a cup of blueberry tea. And maybe open the crisps/chips bag I think I have somewhere. 

How is your sunday treating you? Have you seen Roy Anderssons masterpiece "A Swedish Love Story" ?

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:

My husband married me knowing I have more male friends than I do female friends. I've gone to concerts, stayed over at their place, and traveled to other states (by car) with them. Never did anything inappropriate happen because we are both/all friends. Nothing more. 

I consider not being able to have friends of the opposite sex a very sad loss. My daughter is just like me in that regard. I love that my husband and I have both been able to build friendships with all into our daughters life. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

My husband married me knowing I have more male friends than I do female friends. I've gone to concerts, stayed over at their place, and traveled to other states (by car) with them. Never did anything inappropriate happen because we are both/all friends. Nothing more. 

I consider not being able to have friends of the opposite sex a very sad loss. My daughter is just like me in that regard. I love that my husband and I have both been able to build friendships with all into our daughters life. 
    I have no idea how the lyrics SC quoted relate to my question.  Greedy Soul?  Seem kinda snarky.

Thanks for an honest answer.  Once again, you and I are similar in many ways ;)

• No

Can't delve into what was talked about and possible comparisons being made between different countries. But I can tell you, the guy from Australia said that Sweden was miles ahead compared to where he comes from concerning these matters. He had to "learn" how to interact with his swedish wife's female friends because of the CATHOLIC SHAME he was brought up with in Australia.

Now I have sent in the shots I've worked on this lovely sunday to the director, and I will brew myself a cup of blueberry tea. And maybe open the crisps/chips bag I think I have somewhere. 

How is your sunday treating you? Have you seen Roy Anderssons masterpiece "A Swedish Love Story" ?

My Sunday treated me just fine. Thanks for asking!

I watched a little bit of "A Swedish Love Story", and I have to say...I felt transported back in time. First love is all FEELINGS, all the words come later. It was lovely to remember how that really feels. Just don't know if I want to finish the movie and have my heart broken. 

My Sunday treated me just fine. Thanks for asking!

I watched a little bit of "A Swedish Love Story", and I have to say...I felt transported back in time. First love is all FEELINGS, all the words come later. It was lovely to remember how that really feels. Just don't know if I want to finish the movie and have my heart broken. 
    I'm gonna have to rewatch it. The end is great - with his workingclass and her middleclass colliding at the traditional kräftskiva (Crayfish party). You can't have a 70s swedish movie without a comment on class.

Have you seen Roy Anderssons later, much more stylistic movies?

This scene is one of his most beautiful:

https://youtu.be/dm4Uw5_SCyI

• No
    Very beautiful. I have some movies to watch this weekend! Can't wait for Fredagsmys...thank you. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yes
    dudeman said:
    This thread still?

That's an underrated movie.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    dudeman said:
    This thread still?

(can't remember it that well actually. It was never as entertaining as Kindergarden Cop)
  • hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

I have no idea how the lyrics SC quoted relate to my question.  Greedy Soul?  Seem kinda snarky.

It was the song playing at the moment. No more thought put into it. :)

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It was the song playing at the moment. No more thought put into it. :)

I can't wait until you're writing a post to dankind and listening to Donna Summer's "Love to Love You Baby".
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2019
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    dudeman said:
    This thread still?

(can't remember it that well actually. It was never as entertaining as Kindergarden Cop)
    No, it's not as good as Kindergarten Cop... But still, Junior is funny! I mean, it's Arnold acting as a hormonal pregnant man with Danny Devito as his caretaker :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata