The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Joe you drink some good beer!  Does your local liquor stores have all of these or are you a traveling man?
    I have a great beer distributor near my house, the top ranked grocery store for craft beer in New York state near my job, and I frequently go to breweries.  The only thing I can't get easily is Tree House, which I've got some from ebay by making low offers and hoping they get accepted.  
    Yeah...I'm replying to something from over a year old here, sorry.

I've really been dying to drink more Tree House beer. Do you regularly buy beer off of eBay? I was just checking there and it seems the only Tree House stuff are EMPTY beer cans. I get the art work is cool but people are really spending $50 bucks for a four pack of EMPTY beer cans? What?

How the hell can I find this beer? I want to try the Julius dammit. 
    Check out www.mybeercollectibles.com   

Plenty of Tree House on there.  My brother and I have ordered off there a few times and split it up.  Really good stuff.
    Holy shit. I wish I'd never seen that site. 
    Prices are really jacked up, especially with shipping....but god damn....so many beers I cannot find around here. 
    I wouldn’t pay secondary prices for anything. Your choice, of course, but with so many solid options these days, it doesn’t make sense to spend $35 on a 4 pack of IPAs when you can get something just as good for $15.
    Well....fuck it. I have a 12 pack of Julius on the way. haha

chinese-happy.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Joe you drink some good beer!  Does your local liquor stores have all of these or are you a traveling man?
    I have a great beer distributor near my house, the top ranked grocery store for craft beer in New York state near my job, and I frequently go to breweries.  The only thing I can't get easily is Tree House, which I've got some from ebay by making low offers and hoping they get accepted.  
    Yeah...I'm replying to something from over a year old here, sorry.

I've really been dying to drink more Tree House beer. Do you regularly buy beer off of eBay? I was just checking there and it seems the only Tree House stuff are EMPTY beer cans. I get the art work is cool but people are really spending $50 bucks for a four pack of EMPTY beer cans? What?

How the hell can I find this beer? I want to try the Julius dammit. 
    Check out www.mybeercollectibles.com   

Plenty of Tree House on there.  My brother and I have ordered off there a few times and split it up.  Really good stuff.
    Holy shit. I wish I'd never seen that site. 
    Prices are really jacked up, especially with shipping....but god damn....so many beers I cannot find around here. 
    I wouldn’t pay secondary prices for anything. Your choice, of course, but with so many solid options these days, it doesn’t make sense to spend $35 on a 4 pack of IPAs when you can get something just as good for $15.
    I agree, but I’m hoping to grab some beers from my favorite Oregon breweries. I miss the beer from there so much since we moved. Yes, we get good beer here...but damn, I miss OR beer. Mainly Fort George, Great Notion and Breakside.

So tasty.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ I want to go to Greece!  Looks great.  Enjoy!
    bbiggs said:
    ^ I want to go to Greece!  Looks great.  Enjoy!
    Thank you!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    The dude abides

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    ^ White stouts are delicious.  The flavor doesn’t match up with the appearance. Good stuff.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Soooooooo many choices......

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Top notch

chinese-happy.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

Those are all delicious. I just had the 30th Anniversary on draft yesterday and was floored.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Top notch

They arrived I see! 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mfc2006 said:

Those are all delicious. I just had the 30th Anniversary on draft yesterday and was floored.
    With some of these I'd be afraid of ending up on the floor 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Top notch

Looks delicious! What can you tell me about it?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

It's a hopeless situation...
    Oktoberfest anyone?

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Helles Lager not my favorite.
    #FHP
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    I recently did a trade for some Tree House.  I saw a guy on Instagram who was searching for the newest Bissell Bros release, a collab with Other Half (Worth a Visit, Worth a Lifetime......a 10% triple IPA, it's a monster).  I live 3mi from BB so I picked up an extra 4 pack and hit him up.  Tree House certainly lives up to the hype, but I don't think I'd be paying extra to get my hands on it. The market is full of great beers that don't necessarily have the recognition of the big name breweries.  But still really tasty.   
  • I cracked open a Belgian that I have been saving finally.  It was aged for 6 years and was absolutely delicious!
    I cracked open a Belgian that I have been saving finally.  It was aged for 6 years and was absolutely delicious!
    That’s awesome. I have a few different beers  from 2015 and 2016 that I think it’s time to crack open. I plan to do so in the coming months. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Fully committed to the seasonal brews even with this blip in the weather making it feel like July.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:
    Fully committed to the seasonal brews even with this blip in the weather making it feel like July.
    F that.  September 22nd is last day of summer...  I did break that rule today as I am wearing a PJ Halloween shirt.
    Tonight’s variety

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited September 2019
    23scidoo said:

That backdrop is gorgeous!!!!!  Are you on vacation or is that your daily view?
    Everyone is drinking some delicious looking beers!
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    This is a good milk stout from 3 Floyd’s.  Definitely worth trying.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited September 2019
    bbiggs said:

Drinking early huh?! I mean I guess it is ok since it is 5pm in Yemen.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Had some great beers out in Denver last weekend.  Outer Range and Cerebral Brewing were both awesome.  They even had a nice selection at the Broncos stadium.  So many good options in that area.

mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Drinking early huh?! I mean I guess it is ok since it is 5pm in Yemen.  
    Haha. I mean it is a milk stout after all! 😉  I was too lazy to post it last night. Tasty stuff 
    Had some great beers out in Denver last weekend.  Outer Range and Cerebral Brewing were both awesome.  They even had a nice selection at the Broncos stadium.  So many good options in that area.

Those beers look really good and the views are even better! 
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894

Newest offering from Bissell Bros here in Portland. Triple IPA, 10% absolute juice bomb. Good stuff