*** Boston, MA Fanviews Here 9/2/18 ***

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,112
    vedpunk said
    JH6056 said:
    vedpunk said:
    Be careful the Bruce fanboys are out in full force.  We've just learned that he's HUGE in Sweden.
    Dude, seriously, I have no dog in this fight but you are totally stoking this.  Stop stirring the pot with digs (many of them factually incorrect, and I know that having NEVER seen a Bruce concert) and the conversation will die.  But not if you keep stoking the fire.
    The conversation did die until you just stirred it up again.....or was that your intention?  I didn't realize there were so many passionate Bruce fans on the Pearl Jam forum....and that's cool.  Like I said before, he's a legend and I respect him but I just don't agree with all the statements made about his popularity and having to compare Pearl Jam's live shows to some 4 hr Springsteen show.  It's a Pearl jam show thread, let's leave it there. 

I always go to the 10c forum to read how popular Bruce is, you don't?

Perhaps Bruce is more popular in Sweden but here in NYC I can say without doubt Bruce fans have a MUCH easier time getting concert tickets than PJ fans. Not even close

And this is Bruces home town.

The crowds at msg are usually off the charts for PJ (does Bruce regularly talk about msg shaking off its foundation? Ed does) 

But the crowd at Fenway 1 was nothing short of incredible.
  • Options

If this is your view with a 10c ticket, take a photo and go see the 10c folks about it. They should be able to find you another seat.

Fenway is... an anomoly with poles and sightlines. They don’t always know that some tix in the fanclub allotment have a pole right in the way.
    Thanks for the info. You know where the 10c folks would be at Fenway? I do have photo’s...
    I was close.

I had that exact view with the pole blocking the stage.

Fans on here gave me great advice to find 10c out by Pesky pole  which I did but the 10c dude did not have one second of his time for me. He just blamed the Sox and told me to talk to them at the other table.

My complaint (and why I didn't join here for 25 years) is I am no fan of blind purchases for this exact reason.

This was not the Sox fault. Tickets on MLB.com were clearly labeled obstructed.

10c tickets were not. How difficult would it have been to put all the obstructed seats into its own category for the lottery and clearly labeled at time of purchase?
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    The 9/2 bootleg download sounds much better than the sound we had in GS 29. 
  • Options

If this is your view with a 10c ticket, take a photo and go see the 10c folks about it. They should be able to find you another seat.

Fenway is... an anomoly with poles and sightlines. They don’t always know that some tix in the fanclub allotment have a pole right in the way.
    Thanks for the info. You know where the 10c folks would be at Fenway? I do have photo’s...
    Wow i’m right behind you i think
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    Love jeff bass line on outta my mind
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
    MKSNYC said:

That's good to hear. I haven't listened to the bootleg yet, but I thought the sound was awfully "muddy" where we were.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    MKSNYC said:

That's good to hear. I haven't listened to the bootleg yet, but I thought the sound was awfully "muddy" where we were.

That's funny. I was frustrated with the obstructed grandstand view (no notice at time of purchase), but loved the sound.

Must have been the Stoli. Da.
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    edited December 2018
    Sorry for the late review, but this show will go down as my all time favorite.  I I took my 14 year old son to his first Pearl Jam concert and couldn't have asked for a better time.  I was lucky enough to score lottery tix in the 9th row, on MIke's side.  Just an amazing experience.  For songs, to hear Release that close to the stage is something I'll never forget.  I also have a new appreciation for Even Flow after seeing MIke jam on his solo.  Also, props to opening with Sometimes and playing Tremor Christ, Outta my Mind, (slow/fast) I am a Patriot, and Army Reserve.  A special thank you to the fan that gave my son a guitar pick from Mike after the show!  I'm so glad my son and I stayed overnight and soaked it all in.  Can't wait until the next show....
    Post edited by Fixer13 on
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
    Im leaning more to this show than the 4th
  • Options
    epieepie Posts: 290
    Have enjoyed the Boston PJ residency this week on Sirius and this show is getting better with age imo.  I never understood the late start at this one but perhaps it ultimately is what made this show special as the band felt like they needed to make up for lost time and crank the tunes out.  Setlist was very unique with many standouts for me throughout.  Happy to relive the memories today on Sirius  listening to this one.  
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    epie said:
    Have enjoyed the Boston PJ residency this week on Sirius and this show is getting better with age imo.  I never understood the late start at this one but perhaps it ultimately is what made this show special as the band felt like they needed to make up for lost time and crank the tunes out.  Setlist was very unique with many standouts for me throughout.  Happy to relive the memories today on Sirius  listening to this one.  
    Reliving the day ourselves, such a great show and weekend! Love to go back to Boston because of this weekend
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    epie said:
    I believe someone up front was ill,  causing the late start.  They ended up on stage for 2:35. 
    I agree the show gets better with age.  The first handful of songs were okay,  but they seemed to pick up in intensity at about 30 minutes or so into the show.  The encore sets were fantastic
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    We were in the grandstand and had some serious poor sound quality due to the overhanging structure.  The sound on the bootleg makes it seem like a totally different and great show!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Reminds me that it was just a year ago when I last saw PJ live.  Seems longer. Loved the Fenway shows.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,735
    mrussel1 said:
    epie said:
    I believe someone up front was ill,  causing the late start.  They ended up on stage for 2:35. 
    I agree the show gets better with age.  The first handful of songs were okay,  but they seemed to pick up in intensity at about 30 minutes or so into the show.  The encore sets were fantastic
    They were late night 2 as well though. I remember Eddie saying Mike was sick one of the nights. I loved these shows but 2:35 for a ballpark show is short from these guys and surprised me at the time curfew or not. We were spoiled with Fenway night 2 2016 I guess. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,876
    So much fun. Night 1 beats Night 2 handily, IMO. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    It was nice to see a good group of friends at the new-to-us homestead one year ago today as we all caught a breath between shows and (hopefully) enjoyed some provisions and each other's company. Thanks again to all who braved the commuter rail or Massachusetts traffic to hang out. 

Maybe we can do it all over again in 2020. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    dankind said:
    It was nice to see a good group of friends at the new-to-us homestead one year ago today as we all caught a breath between shows and (hopefully) enjoyed some provisions and each other's company. Thanks again to all who braved the commuter rail or Massachusetts traffic to hang out. 

Maybe we can do it all over again in 2020. 
    I call dibs on the couch!
    ELITIST FUK