*** Boston, MA Fanviews Here 9/2/18 ***

15678911»

Comments

• vedpunk said
    JH6056 said:
    vedpunk said:
    Be careful the Bruce fanboys are out in full force.  We've just learned that he's HUGE in Sweden.
    Dude, seriously, I have no dog in this fight but you are totally stoking this.  Stop stirring the pot with digs (many of them factually incorrect, and I know that having NEVER seen a Bruce concert) and the conversation will die.  But not if you keep stoking the fire.
    The conversation did die until you just stirred it up again.....or was that your intention?  I didn't realize there were so many passionate Bruce fans on the Pearl Jam forum....and that's cool.  Like I said before, he's a legend and I respect him but I just don't agree with all the statements made about his popularity and having to compare Pearl Jam's live shows to some 4 hr Springsteen show.  It's a Pearl jam show thread, let's leave it there. 

I always go to the 10c forum to read how popular Bruce is, you don't?

Perhaps Bruce is more popular in Sweden but here in NYC I can say without doubt Bruce fans have a MUCH easier time getting concert tickets than PJ fans. Not even close

And this is Bruces home town.

The crowds at msg are usually off the charts for PJ (does Bruce regularly talk about msg shaking off its foundation? Ed does) 

But the crowd at Fenway 1 was nothing short of incredible.

• If this is your view with a 10c ticket, take a photo and go see the 10c folks about it. They should be able to find you another seat.

Fenway is... an anomoly with poles and sightlines. They don’t always know that some tix in the fanclub allotment have a pole right in the way.
    Thanks for the info. You know where the 10c folks would be at Fenway? I do have photo’s...
    I was close.

I had that exact view with the pole blocking the stage.

Fans on here gave me great advice to find 10c out by Pesky pole  which I did but the 10c dude did not have one second of his time for me. He just blamed the Sox and told me to talk to them at the other table.

My complaint (and why I didn't join here for 25 years) is I am no fan of blind purchases for this exact reason.

This was not the Sox fault. Tickets on MLB.com were clearly labeled obstructed.

10c tickets were not. How difficult would it have been to put all the obstructed seats into its own category for the lottery and clearly labeled at time of purchase?
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC NYCPosts: 119
    The 9/2 bootleg download sounds much better than the sound we had in GS 29. 
  • pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 485

If this is your view with a 10c ticket, take a photo and go see the 10c folks about it. They should be able to find you another seat.

Fenway is... an anomoly with poles and sightlines. They don’t always know that some tix in the fanclub allotment have a pole right in the way.
    Thanks for the info. You know where the 10c folks would be at Fenway? I do have photo’s...
    Wow i’m right behind you i think
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 485
    Love jeff bass line on outta my mind
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness San DiegoPosts: 2,479
    MKSNYC said:

That's good to hear. I haven't listened to the bootleg yet, but I thought the sound was awfully "muddy" where we were.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 635
    MKSNYC said:

That's good to hear. I haven't listened to the bootleg yet, but I thought the sound was awfully "muddy" where we were.

That's funny. I was frustrated with the obstructed grandstand view (no notice at time of purchase), but loved the sound.

Must have been the Stoli. Da.
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 158
    edited December 1
    Sorry for the late review, but this show will go down as my all time favorite.  I I took my 14 year old son to his first Pearl Jam concert and couldn't have asked for a better time.  I was lucky enough to score lottery tix in the 9th row, on MIke's side.  Just an amazing experience.  For songs, to hear Release that close to the stage is something I'll never forget.  I also have a new appreciation for Even Flow after seeing MIke jam on his solo.  Also, props to opening with Sometimes and playing Tremor Christ, Outta my Mind, (slow/fast) I am a Patriot, and Army Reserve.  A special thank you to the fan that gave my son a guitar pick from Mike after the show!  I'm so glad my son and I stayed overnight and soaked it all in.  Can't wait until the next show....
    Post edited by Fixer13 on
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Im leaning more to this show than the 4th
15678911»