EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    What would be the point of releasing a double album in 2019 when no one buys albums?

Reznor won't even release albums and chooses EPs for some streaming-advantage reason.

Wouldn't say no to one ofc.
    Technically streaming benefits albums with longer track listings. I think an album stream counts for 1 unit purchase after 9 tracks or something, so when you see records with 18-20 tracks, its so they get more "album purchases" with one stream of an album.

Trent made his last EP and released it as an LP, so that it got featured with the weekly new albums. They don't feature EPs, they usually toss them in the singles section, so it gets less attention. It has less to do with attention. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    That being said, all double albums suck, they should be reduced to 12-14 killer tracks
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Yeah, a double album at this point would be a lot of filler songs. 

Give me a lot of shows!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    That being said, all double albums suck, they should be reduced to 12-14 killer tracks
    Most double albums have a single Masterpiece lp in them 
  • What would be the point of releasing a double album in 2019 when no one buys albums?

Reznor won't even release albums and chooses EPs for some streaming-advantage reason.

Wouldn't say no to one ofc.
    Technically streaming benefits albums with longer track listings. I think an album stream counts for 1 unit purchase after 9 tracks or something, so when you see records with 18-20 tracks, its so they get more "album purchases" with one stream of an album.

Trent made his last EP and released it as an LP, so that it got featured with the weekly new albums. They don't feature EPs, they usually toss them in the singles section, so it gets less attention. It has less to do with attention. 
    Ah ok, well after I posted I remembered something about Drake releasing a really long album to have it count for more. Or something like that.

So there was no real advantage for Reznor releasing his EPs other than creative reasons? I remember reading it had something to do with streaming. But ok.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    DEGBTI said:
    no way it's a double album. I kinda hope not. pare it down to a quality 10 songs. all killer no filler. 
    I thought Dimi said no double album a couple pages ago?
    nope..i didnt say anything about that...ofcourse there is an answer to that question..
    best band of all times!!!!save money!!!
    Save money for tickets etc and/or also for multiple releases?
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    falla sheep 2.0?!?!  
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my guess is a giant PJ sock collection. 10C red edition. which comes out and ships after the regular edition is in walmart. 

@tempo_n_groove
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Of course are we talking about a double LP or double CD? In other words, Physical Graffiti length vs Mellon Collie length?
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    rummy said:
    Of course are we talking about a double LP or double CD? In other words, Physical Graffiti length vs Mellon Collie length?
    I was going to say Mellon Collie as a whole is brilliant, and much better than most bands traditional album efforts.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094

ALL????

Tool fans are raving about their new album that leaked this week calling it a 90 minute masterpiece. Counts as double to me. Also The Wall, Quadrophenia, Exile on Main Street, White Album, Electric Ladyland, Physical Graffiti...
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    "I really wish they had pared Lost Dogs down to a single album."

- No one

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:

- No one
    compilations are different than traditional double studio albums. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

JimmyV said:

- No one
    compilations are different than traditional double studio albums. 
    I know. Still, saying no to more Pearl Jam after six years of almost nothing seems illogical to me.

• jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    Some people’s throw away tracks are other people’s favorites 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Double album just means the PJ catalog gets even bigger.  Bring it on!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    I keep getting confused on what thread I'm in. Album rumors in the tour thread, and tour rumors in the album thread. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    Am I saving money for a double album or for a tour?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    edited August 2019
    Good news is both seem to be coming. 2020 is going to be a fun year to be a Pearl Jam fan.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited August 2019
    on2legs said:
    If you need to save money for a double album, then you definitely can't afford a tour these days ;)
    Where did the double album rumor even come from, just cuz Dimi said to save your money?
    If I was betting, I think save your money just means album and tour are coming in 2020.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    on2legs said:
    Its actually going to be a triple album. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    on2legs said:
    Its actually going to be a triple album. 
    And a three-night stand in the backyard of each 10C member who posts in this thread. That's what I heard from a credible source.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 466
    link93 said:
    I would imagine many bands that lean left will be touring next year and if you live in a battleground state your chances for a show will go way up. 

PJ, let's help turn Arizona Blue
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    I'm hoping for a 12 track album of Can't Deny Me remixes, followed by a county fair tour as an opening act for Jackyl. Anything better than that will indeed blow my mind.
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 782
    Very comical to me how many fans already know how much filler a double album would hold.  If we were to truly be blessed with a double album it might be best to reserve judgement until you've heard it.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I’m saving my money in hopes I can buy the new triple album delivered personally by boom wearing nothing but a 7” Christmas single  on his dick. 

Yeah, it would have the big hole.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    Deadman said:
    Very comical to me how many fans already know how much filler a double album would hold.  If we were to truly be blessed with a double album it might be best to reserve judgement until you've heard it.
    Yep.

From "appreciate every minute, who knows what the future may hold" to "pfft, a double album would suck" in record time. 

JimmyV said:
    Deadman said:
    Yep.

From "appreciate every minute, who knows what the future may hold" to "pfft, a double album would suck" in record time. 
    I see what you're saying, but would you want an extra album's worth of what was left OFF Lightning Bolt?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD