Mr. Bungle

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Also, I was just reminded of where Mr.Bungle came from...

Enjoy

PS  Don't be Mr. Bungle, lol

https://www.aristoiclassical.org/apps/video/watch.jsp?v=117792
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387

I was reading the Bungle Subreddit last night, and apparently there's a quote from Dunn saying that none of the material from the 3 Warner Bros albums would be played at the shows.

IDK if that quote is true, but it sounds about right... I mean, not playing anything from the 3 albums at the Mr. Bungle reunion is about the most Mr. Bungle thing I can imagine.

The quote went on to say that in addition to playing the Easter Bunny demo, they might rehash some older ideas (unreleased material?) as well as some punk covers.

This changes my outlook more than a little. I still haven't decided if I want to burn two vacation days and pay for a hotel in Brooklyn to see them ignore the music that made me a fan in the first place. It's an amazing collection of talent, and that alone might be worth it, but I'm definitely not going to go the Stubhub route (although tickets are now around $125 for Monday night, and will probably drop a bit more after today's onsale)

I'll try for Brooklyn tickets this morning, but I won't be too bummed out it I miss out.

Good luck to anyone going for tickets today.

I will try for 4 on Tuesday.

Sound good?

Yesterday's presale was limited to 2 max, and I think today might be the same.

I'm going for Tuesday as well, good luck.

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958

I was reading the Bungle Subreddit last night, and apparently there's a quote from Dunn saying that none of the material from the 3 Warner Bros albums would be played at the shows.

IDK if that quote is true, but it sounds about right... I mean, not playing anything from the 3 albums at the Mr. Bungle reunion is about the most Mr. Bungle thing I can imagine.

The quote went on to say that in addition to playing the Easter Bunny demo, they might rehash some older ideas (unreleased material?) as well as some punk covers.

This changes my outlook more than a little. I still haven't decided if I want to burn two vacation days and pay for a hotel in Brooklyn to see them ignore the music that made me a fan in the first place. It's an amazing collection of talent, and that alone might be worth it, but I'm definitely not going to go the Stubhub route (although tickets are now around $125 for Monday night, and will probably drop a bit more after today's onsale)

I'll try for Brooklyn tickets this morning, but I won't be too bummed out it I miss out.

Good luck to anyone going for tickets today.

I think you nailed it on the collection of talent. I want to see all those guys play a set together - what they will/won't play isn't a big deal for me.
    Not looking good...

Well that sucked.

I'll wait day of.
    Anyone score a damn ticket?
    The multiple screens where you have to ‘click the box that contains...” is infuriating. 

More than once they made me go through at least 4 screens. 

Axs.com sucks ass. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Shit. I forgot to set a reminder. Sounds like it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
    I SAW PEARL JAM

Trey Spruance is interviewed in the latest episode of the Vinyl Guide. 

https://twitter.com/thevinylguide/status/1163192925297057794?s=21

Part 2 of the Spruance interview... the making of Disco Volante??? Yes please. 

https://twitter.com/thevinylguide/status/1165598816843681793?s=21
    Part 2 of the Spruance interview... the making of Disco Volante??? Yes please. 

https://twitter.com/thevinylguide/status/1165598816843681793?s=21

Not sure if anyone has listened to this episode. I'm only 20 minutes in or so, and I'm loving the conversation about the album artwork and how it ties into the overall theme... outer space & underwater, being in a hostile environment, but wearing a suit to protect yourself... he spoke about The Bends, and how that's actually about outer space, it added a nice context to the last phase of that song representing the violent reentry into atmosphere.

I'm really loving it. If you're into Disco Volante, I recommend giving this a listen.

• I GOT @ TIX FOR FACE TODAY!!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Nice! For which show? 

Nice! For which show? 
    Tuesday show at Brooklyn Steel.
  • Congrats!!! Enjoy. I saw Bungle years ago on the Sno Core tour with System and Incubus. Great show!!!
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.

Nice! For which show? 
    Tuesday show at Brooklyn Steel.
    Good score, enjoy! 
  •  Haven't read any in depth reviews, but saw a couple pictures and watched a quick clip from the show last night... looks like it was a good time. Patton had a Coolio thing going on with his hair... not sure exactly what he's going for this day in age, but more power to him.

For all who are going, enjoy!

@tempo_n_groove - if you're able to snag me the beanie with the Easter bunny logo on it in Brooklyn next week, I could paypal the cost + shipping + a few extra bucks for a beer. (or two depending on where you buy them of course :D )

•  Haven't read any in depth reviews, but saw a couple pictures and watched a quick clip from the show last night... looks like it was a good time. Patton had a Coolio thing going on with his hair... not sure exactly what he's going for this day in age, but more power to him.

@tempo_n_groove - if you're able to snag me the beanie with the Easter bunny logo on it in Brooklyn next week, I could paypal the cost + shipping + a few extra bucks for a beer. (or two depending on where you buy them of course :D )

Beanie w Bunny.

Got it!

No beers needed, thanks though, cost is fine.
    edited February 2020

Haven't read any in depth reviews, but saw a couple pictures and watched a quick clip from the show last night... looks like it was a good time. Patton had a Coolio thing going on with his hair... not sure exactly what he's going for this day in age, but more power to him.

Beanie w Bunny.

Got it!

No beers needed, thanks though, cost is fine.
    That’s really good of you, I’ll pay it forward. 

Thanks. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    I might be going Tuesday !! 
    It’s so like them to reunite and then not play a single song from their 3 albums. Gotta love them 
  •  nicknyr15 said:
    It’s so like them to reunite and then not play a single song from their 3 albums. Gotta love them 

They closed with a song called "Fuck the USA".

:D

I've missed this band.

• nicknyr15 said:
    I've read that they have played new tunes too?!?

If you are going look for me.  I'll be in touch.
    nicknyr15 said:

Yes would love to. I’ll let u know 🤙🏼
  • nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Where the hell is that picture taken?
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Rockaway beach 
  • nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Rockaway beach 
    Sumbitch... 69th st?

I used to live on 25th.  No way you are local, are you?
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Rockaway beach 
    Sumbitch... 69th st?

I used to live on 25th.  No way you are local, are you?
    73rdst. I live in bay ridge but spend at least 3-5 days surfing there. That’s awesome!