Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    I know my second time thru the series, not only did I find myself picking up more details but I also found myself not rooting for Walt.  First time thru I think everyone is rooting for him - how's he going to get out of the situation this week? What obtacles does he have to overcome? Can he win again? Etc.  The second time through it's more of what a fucking asshole this guy is! You start seeing things more from everyone else's points of view and see how really terrible a person Walt is.  First viewing is like Hooray, Walt wins, fuck everyone!  Second viewing is much more empathetic to those affected by his actions.

Oh yeah definitely.  I was all on Walt's side first time through up until he poisoned Brock.  That's where you couldn't rationalize his behavior anymore.  Re-watch really makes you realize what a monster he turned into.  And while it was airing everyone seemed to be sympathetic towards Jesse....all the horrible stuff that happened to him at the end of the series made it easy to forget that he was a drug dealer and murderer.  
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    So amazing it takes you on such a ride it erodes your morality along with the "protagonist"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2018
    I know my second time thru the series, not only did I find myself picking up more details but I also found myself not rooting for Walt.  First time thru I think everyone is rooting for him - how's he going to get out of the situation this week? What obtacles does he have to overcome? Can he win again? Etc.  The second time through it's more of what a fucking asshole this guy is! You start seeing things more from everyone else's points of view and see how really terrible a person Walt is.  First viewing is like Hooray, Walt wins, fuck everyone!  Second viewing is much more empathetic to those affected by his actions.

Oh yeah definitely.  I was all on Walt's side first time through up until he poisoned Brock.  That's where you couldn't rationalize his behavior anymore.  Re-watch really makes you realize what a monster he turned into.  And while it was airing everyone seemed to be sympathetic towards Jesse....all the horrible stuff that happened to him at the end of the series made it easy to forget that he was a drug dealer and murderer.  
    Yup, that is exactly the moment I turned too. I remember I literally said, "I think Walt's finally broken bad!" when he poisoned the kid. Before that I was all on his side! I still loved his character of course, but after that moment I was all on Jesse's side instead.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I watched every episodeas it aired (except the series premier-caught a re-run of that before episode to aired). I just re-watching it for the first time since it aired.
    I forgot how fast it moves! I remember thinking killing Crazy-8 was near the end of season 1. That was all episode 1 and 2! Really does move so much faster than BCS. Forgot how great it was.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mace1229 said:
    I watched every episodeas it aired (except the series premier-caught a re-run of that before episode to aired). I just re-watching it for the first time since it aired.
    I forgot how fast it moves! I remember thinking killing Crazy-8 was near the end of season 1. That was all episode 1 and 2! Really does move so much faster than BCS. Forgot how great it was.
    Samer here. So much happens. I'm near the end of season 4 on my rewatch. As someone else mentioned, I really detest Walt now because he's such a horrible person. Mike, Jesse and Gus were much more likeable "bad guys". I am going to miss Gus. I forgot how much I really started to like his character in season 4. Especially after we found out about the backstory of his connection with the cartel.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Samer here. So much happens. I'm near the end of season 4 on my rewatch. As someone else mentioned, I really detest Walt now because he's such a horrible person. Mike, Jesse and Gus were much more likeable "bad guys". I am going to miss Gus. I forgot how much I really started to like his character in season 4. Especially after we found out about the backstory of his connection with the cartel.
    Just me or does Gus come off as a much worse person in Saul than he does in BB?  Although he does threaten to kill an infant in BB.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I have been watching it a second time through.  In season 2.

I agree, that I am not quite in Walt's corner as I was in the first watching.  He is pretty awful/selfish and treats people over the top poorly.  I am much more sympathetic towards Jesse this round as well as Hank.  Walt Jr/Flynn too... but Skyler is still a bit tough to take.  I didnt realize how much I should have loathed Marie.

Such an excellent show, even on the second watching.  Nearly flawless
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    MayDay10 said:
    I have been watching it a second time through.  In season 2.

I agree, that I am not quite in Walt's corner as I was in the first watching.  He is pretty awful/selfish and treats people over the top poorly.  I am much more sympathetic towards Jesse this round as well as Hank.  Walt Jr/Flynn too... but Skyler is still a bit tough to take.  I didnt realize how much I should have loathed Marie.

Such an excellent show, even on the second watching.  Nearly flawless
    I just finished my second time through a week ago and feel the same way about Jesse knowing what season 5 had in store for him. Crazy to think the original plan was to kill him off Season 1. This show really just kept getting better and better each season.

This is my favourite show of all time and I love the two main characters but it did drag a lot for me when Walt's family was on screen and he was not this go around. Hank was great though.  
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    If this is what they released, it doesn’t look like it is worthy 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    You are basing this opinion on a 60 second teaser trailer that reveals nothing...

chinese-happy.jpg
    You are basing this opinion on a 60 second teaser trailer that reveals nothing...

yeah it was a teaser trailer. I'm sure it will be fine. Noe if it was someone else directing it then I would be worried but its Vince.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

Just bad acting in that 

yeah it was a teaser trailer. I'm sure it will be fine. Noe if it was someone else directing it then I would be worried but its Vince.
    Yeah. It’s in good hands. I cannot wait. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Just bad acting in that 
    Seems like how was in the show to me
    chinese-happy.jpg

Yeah. It’s in good hands. I cannot wait. 
    Yep.  Vince Gilligan wouldn't have done this unless it was well worth it.  Can't wait.
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Yeah Vince said many times he would never do something if he felt it was not going to be great. I trust it will be amazing. I would not be surprised if this teaser was just filmed to be "the teaser" and will not even be a scene in the film. Also I like that Hank's face was on a portrait right outside the office.
    edited September 2019
    Seriously considering taking the day off work on October 11th so I can watch this as soon as possible.  Holy shit I can't wait for this.  I can't figure out why the hell these youtube links do not embed in the post for me anymore but here's the link.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8CbYLhu6SM
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I'm kind of bummed that I won't be able to watch El Camino until the week after it comes out.  Taking a little vacay and the girl and I agreed we'd wait to watch it.   Ugh!  I'm going to have to avoid my phone, my computer, talking to people, listening to anything....
    Ugh!
    Can’t wait 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'd love to see this in the theatre by myself but one filled with dopes yelling, no thanks.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    It will be at my "local" Alamo, which is an hour away.  Three showtimes, two that Friday evening and one Sat. Hells yeah!!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    So who do ppl think is at the end of the trailer?  My first thought is The Disappearer, but that seems to be too tertiary a character to throw in the trailer.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited September 2019
    So who do ppl think is at the end of the trailer?  My first thought is The Disappearer, but that seems to be too tertiary a character to throw in the trailer.
    Did I miss something? Mine just fades to a Netflix logo. NM, didn’t see there was a new one

Been awhile since I watched the show. That’s Skinny Pete right?
    Post edited by DewieCox on
    DewieCox said:
    Did I miss something? Mine just fades to a Netflix logo. NM, didn’t see there was a new one

Been awhile since I watched the show. That’s Skinny Pete right?
    My first thought was that it was Walter.
    yeah that was skinny pete.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I thought Badger was somewhere in the beginning, after the first showing of Skinny Pete.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Badger and skinny Pete were both in. The guy in the end looks like he has a holdster?