Options

Sunrise/sunset

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    Looking into the Old City, Jerusalem just after sunset.

you made it!!!! 
    I did!  It’s truly unlike any other place I’ve travelled to.
    I never felt comfortable in Jerusalem (my mind always wanders to regional conflicts, oppression, and historical blood spilled for the city) but I can certainly appreciate the beauty of the physical city.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    benjs said:

you made it!!!! 
    I never felt comfortable in Jerusalem (my mind always wanders to regional conflicts, oppression, and historical blood spilled for the city) but I can certainly appreciate the beauty of the physical city.
    I know exactly what you’re saying.  In my mind, I’m still very conflicted.  Everything about the region is complicated.  The weight of history in that region is still very omnipresent.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Moonrise over the breakwater.

moonrise behind a cedar with Jupiter off to ihe right.

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,888
    Wow interplanetary pic.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    benjs said:

you made it!!!! 
    I know exactly what you’re saying.  In my mind, I’m still very conflicted.  Everything about the region is complicated.  The weight of history in that region is still very omnipresent

whats complicated about apartheid? 
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,252
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    benjs said:

you made it!!!! 
    I know exactly what you’re saying.  In my mind, I’m still very conflicted.  Everything about the region is complicated.  The weight of history in that region is still very omnipresent

whats complicated about apartheid?
    This discussion is not really relevant to this thread, but I hear what you are saying, in theory and in practise, apartheid is, in my opinion, evil.  Hence my conflicted feelings about enjoying my trip.  If you need or want further clarification, I would be happy to discuss it in dm’s.  

Thread integrity:

Sunset from a couple night ago 

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    a little post-rain pre-sunset rainbow for ya....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

A moon-topped tree at sunset.
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054

Friday night’s Manhattanhenge-occurs 2 times a year when the sunset lines up with Manhattan’s street grid. (Not my pic.)
  • Options
    Amazing
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Do you see Big Bird?

• Options
    Yes  i do
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    RRedondo Beach, CA!
  • Options
    No good ones here.  All rain and overcast last few days.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Stayed at a new lookout this week. Small town of Mt Vernon in the foreground.

#FHP
  • Options
    ^^EPIC atmospheric 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    i
    #FHP
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,815
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,815
    every time I look at that picture i feel like it looks fake....like a painting. But I swear i just took it with my iphone with no filters or manipulations whatsoever. LOL
    oh jesus, Juggler. now I get it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Horos said:
    i
    Supernatural B. C.!  Lovely😊
  • Options
    5.50a.m i woke sad and full of fear. And saw this  and im trying to turn it around.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Thanks for all the lovely photos :) looking at a sunset brings peace to my mind.
  • Options
    5.50a.m i woke sad and full of fear. And saw this  and im trying to turn it around.
    Beautiful Rob.  That’s a bit of grace when your feeling sad and fearful.  I hope that you were inspired to “turn it around” for today.
  • Options
    this is what i was inspired  to do. Go tidy my allotment  up and enjoy 7-8a.m
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    ^^^. Wow!  How lovely.  What are you growing this year?
  • Options
    Ive grown potatoes.  Sweet potato ,sweet corn,courgette,french beans,cabbage,salad,tomatoes, raspberries,parsnips.,aubergine. 
    I have experimented with some odd varieties with differing results. These toms are most  different
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14