ISO EV MUNK ONE FISH MARKET

I AM MINE 79I AM MINE 79 ATLANTA Posts: 143
edited August 2019 in Lost Dogs
So long story short last year I purchased an EV Seattle Fish Market from a DAVID BROOKS (actual username on this forum) I did the light check when it came in because of course 5 other posters showed up at the same time, and I had never been ripped off before on the PJ forum. It's my fault for not being thorough and doing the fast open where you pop the lid off to check the art matches and your good, fast forward to last night I go to pull the EV poster to get framed this weekend and realize it's a fake, not a screen print and instead printed on a printer using semi-glossy paper, the other give away was the white line around the border + the faded ness of the actual print. So I am now looking for another EV Fish Market and this time will be checking it over the way I should have. I reached out to this person who sold it to me and have not heard back and probably will not but I want to make everyone aware to be careful when dealing with this member.

Please DM me if you have an EV Fish Market.

Heres a pic of the fake I was sent
Post edited by I AM MINE 79 on

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,626
    That sucks.   How much was it?
  • I AM MINE 79I AM MINE 79 ATLANTA Posts: 143
    I sent you a PM, I'm ashamed to say what I paid publically.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    Sorry to hear this. 

This print seems like one of the toughest PJ/EV to come across post-2000.  
  • Lowlight11Lowlight11 Posts: 271
    Wow that's shitty! 
    cant stand the bad eggs in this community.  That sucks.  

I will keep an eye out for you
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,048
    That sucks. I've been there with fake tix before. Wish there was a way to track these scammers down but he probably signed up with fake info. 
    edited August 2019
    Def is, I went back and looked at the history and the conversation me and this SKUMBAG had where he even took pics of the tube before he shipped it + sent me photos of the real version showing the corners and close-ups. I checked when he was last on the forum and it was a week after he sold me the fake Fish Market since then he's been gone from the PJ forum.

Regardless, Fuck Sticks like this need to be called out if anything to help prevent them from doing it to someone else.
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,063
    That sucks!
    Any chance you can file a claim with PayPal or however you paid him?
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    Another member I wouldn’t deal with is Don White. Got me for $200. 
    That sucks!
    Any chance you can file a claim with PayPal or however you paid him?
    180-day deadline to file a dispute 
    https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security 
    Nearly everytime i do an ISO i get a message from a famous scammer telling me that they have a NM one and its only $____
  • cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    DavidD said:
    Another member I wouldn’t deal with is Don White. Got me for $200. 

I actually bought my EV Seattle Munk One AP from Don White back in 2013/14.
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    Might of even been sooner than that...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the help guys, I'm def over the 180 days so that's a no go. I have lost this one and it def stings. This was my unicorn of sorts and I had planned to get it framed but then soon after I got hit with losing my Dad and the last thing I was thinking about was PJ / EV posters. Now that things have calmed down I was getting back to it and to find out this fuck johndavidbrooks aka DAVID BROOKS ripped me off.

If anyone has dealt with this parasite please send me a message.

I'm now searching for another one

Gary

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,338
    Thanks for the help guys, I'm def over the 180 days so that's a no go. I have lost this one and it def stings. This was my unicorn of sorts and I had planned to get it framed but then came up against losing my Dad and the last thing I was thinking about was PJ / EV posters. Now that things have calmed down I was getting back to it and to find out this fuck johndavidbrooks aka DAVID BROOKS ripped me off.

If anyone has dealt with this parasite please send me a message.

I'm now searching for another one

Gary

I’d contact the local police where the guy lives. They might be too busy to do much depending on where he lives but if you get the right person on the phone you might end up with someone following it up for you. If you have the guys name and address it’s kind of an easy thing to track down for them. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Thanks, bud
    I have his address in Victoria BC Canada or at least what he put down as his address... Not sure what that will do since he showed me real pics of his Fish Market and then separately it being all packed and sealed all nicely in the tube 

I'm more disappointed in myself than anything, cause this was a special one & I just did the quick check

Lesson Learned 100%
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,224
    Thanks, bud
    I have his address in Victoria BC Canada or at least what he put down as his address... Not sure what that will do since he showed me real pics of his Fish Market and then separately it being all packed and sealed all nicely in the tube 

I'm more disappointed in myself than anything, cause this was a special one & I just did the quick check

Lesson Learned 100%
    Im in Vic, send me the address he gave you and i’ll see if its real.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    edited August 2019
    Horse2345 said:
    Thanks, bud

Lesson Learned 100%
    Im in Vic, send me the address he gave you and i’ll see if its real.
    I just PM'd you the info
  • GleidsonGleidson Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Posts: 17
    Really really sad to know there's this kind of person here! I'm looking for the EV London poster and I'm not using eBay thinking about these bastards... now you say this s... happens here too.
    2005 - Rio De Janeiro | 2011 - Sao Paulo 1 & 2, Rio De Janeiro, Curitiba, Porto Alegre | 2013 - Sao Paulo | 2014 - EV Rio de Janeiro 1 | 2015 - São Paulo, Rio De Janeiro | 2018 - Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo | 2019 - EV London
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Wasn't there a A+ seller/member list floating around years ago? Not always helpful, but was a good tool.
    Wasn't there a A+ seller/member list floating around years ago? Not always helpful, but was a good tool.

Lol look who ran it

Lol look who ran it
    Just found it, lol. Good point.
    On the London poster I have some extras if you need one. Send me a PM

I agree
    looking at the conversation I had with this POS. it was so friendly, he covered everything that’s why it looked legit to me, it went like it would go with anyone else I have traded or purchased or sold to.

Then to see him disappear after I received the poster tells the story.

its on me also, I was the idiot who didn’t take the poster out of the tube and look at it.

never again
    edited August 2019
    There should be a buyer & traders rating on all of our profiles once we sell/trade to let anyone know who they are dealing with 

this works great on another site I’m a member of (The Gear Page)
    you know who you are buying from as it’s based off of the purchases made & it works.

Sure, there will always be SCUM that try to cheat the system but you are def more ironclad.
    edited August 2019
    There should be a buyer & traders rating on all of our profiles once we sell/trade to let anyone know who they are dealing with 

you know who you are buying from as it’s based off of the purchases made & it works.

Sure, there will always be SCUM that try to cheat the system but you are def more ironclad.
    Solid idea. Not sure how it could work though to actually get the feedback incorporated into your profile accurately.  Would be cool though.
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925

Solid idea. Not sure how it could work though to actually get the feedback incorporated into your profile accurately.  Would be cool though.
    Ten club would have to build it into the site, so unless they want to spend the money to re-vamp it, this won’t happen. It’s a great concept though. I buy/sell/trade golf equipment on another site and it has a feedback rating for any transaction you’ve been involved in. Makes it very easy to see who’s legit and who’s not. 
    bbiggs said:

Ten club would have to build it into the site, so unless they want to spend the money to re-vamp it, this won’t happen. It’s a great concept though. I buy/sell/trade golf equipment on another site and it has a feedback rating for any transaction you’ve been involved in. Makes it very easy to see who’s legit and who’s not. 
    That'd likely be a pretty large overhaul. Best bet is someone to create a new thread or something for buy/sell/trade feedback. Still hard to fish out some of the bullshit though.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,032
    This sucks seeing this...I was wondering how an ISO thread could have so many replies so I came in here to see
    @David Brooks what says you?  Come on man
  • Shumway35Shumway35 Milton, Ontario Posts: 324
    Too bad 10C can’t / won’t get involved and handle complaints such as this. They must have his accurate contact information when they sign up to the club. 
    I understand they could be overwhelmed with issues and they don’t have any legal authority to get involved, but In clear issues of misrepresenting items and ripping people off , they could provide Some assistance. 
    2000 - Toronto 
    2005 - St. John's 2
    2006 - Toronto 1 & 2 
    2009 - Toronto 
    2011 - Toronto 1 
    2013 - Pittsburgh,  Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit 
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto 1, Wrigley 1 
    2018 - Wrigley 1 & 2
    2019 - Ohana Festival 
    2022 - Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, Nashville 
    On the London poster I have some extras if you need one. Send me a PM

I agree
    looking at the conversation I had with this POS. it was so friendly, he covered everything that’s why it looked legit to me, it went like it would go with anyone else I have traded or purchased or sold to.

Then to see him disappear after I received the poster tells the story.

its on me also, I was the idiot who didn’t take the poster out of the tube and look at it.

never again
    Don't mean to rub it in, but weren't you anxious to see what the unicorn looked like in person as soon as you got it? It's such an iconic print, and you had waited 7 years to get it. Once you finally had it and paid all that money for it, it's hard to understand why you wouldn't want to see what it looked like in person and admire it for at least a minute or two before popping it back in the tube.