Mr. Bungle

Comments

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I got to see Mr. Bungle open for System of a Down and Incubus at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, SC when I was in the Air Force. Great fucking show. The crowd really didn’t get Mr. Bungle but a buddy of mine had turned me on to them a while before the show. I thought they were great and both singers from System and Incubus both said they wouldn’t be there without Bungle. Thinking about getting tickets to the San Fran show. Love some Bungle. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    I got to see Mr. Bungle open for System of a Down and Incubus at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, SC when I was in the Air Force. Great fucking show. The crowd really didn’t get Mr. Bungle but a buddy of mine had turned me on to them a while before the show. I thought they were great and both singers from System and Incubus both said they wouldn’t be there without Bungle. Thinking about getting tickets to the San Fran show. Love some Bungle. 
    I saw the Boston stop on that Snow Core tour, that was amazing. Incubus was meh, but Puya, Bungle & System we’re f’ing wild. 

I was also lucky lucky enough to catch the Boston stop for Disco Volante in November of ‘95, I think I paid all of $13 for that show. F’ing unbelievable. 

These tickets on Friday are going to be impossible to get. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Saw that tour in Providence! Sno Core 2000 I think. Bungle was incredible. 

Patton: "Ok, do you want to hear a death metal song?"
    <crowd cheers>
    "Or the theme from a 60s Italian movie?"
    <crowd roars>
    "Mmmmmm...quite a discerning crowd."

The genesis of Mondo Cane, I guess. Gonna try like hell to make that NY show.
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    That’s right. It was the Sno core tour and Puya was the fourth band. Super great show. System sparked a bowl and passed it around during their set. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    That’s right. It was the Sno core tour and Puya was the fourth band. Super great show. System sparked a bowl and passed it around during their set. 

System was so f'ing amazing at the Boston show. They covered Snowblind & Goodbye Blue Sky. IIRC the guitarist & bass player were painted up.

They were so good in their early days.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    I friggin hate BK steel but I'm gonna go to this.

Really?

Rolling stone ranked it as one of the top 10 venues in the country in 2018.

Why do you hate it?

Really?

Why do you hate it?

Top 10?  Somebody is getting paid off.  Either that or they got to watch from the VIP area?  Give me Bowery ball room or Mercury lounge over this, hell I'll take Terminal 5 over this place.  I chose to see Matt&Kim at Terminal 5 over this place and I don't care for T5 unless i'm on the floor/pit.

The concert goers have been pretty friggin rude.  Entitled white people, lol.

There is no flow on the floor.  It gets jam packed and no movement so if you want a little bit of room then you go to the back where it's not much better.

I've been on a rail for every show that I've gone to whether it be side or front and every time there has been an incident.  Dumb drunk people.  This venue seems to draw them all in for whatever reason.  I threw a guy twice that was bothering my GF.  I can't stand stupid and it looms large there.

That is just me I guess...

Brian Jonestown Masacre was the only show I went to without incident.  LCD and Spoon?  Full of people that don't seem to get out much.

Really?

Why do you hate it?

Top 10?  Somebody is getting paid off.  Either that or they got to watch from the VIP area?  Give me Bowery ball room or Mercury lounge over this, hell I'll take Terminal 5 over this place.  I chose to see Matt&Kim at Terminal 5 over this place and I don't care for T5 unless i'm on the floor/pit.

There is no flow on the floor.  It gets jam packed and no movement so if you want a little bit of room then you go to the back where it's not much better.

I've been on a rail for every show that I've gone to whether it be side or front and every time there has been an incident.  Dumb drunk people.  This venue seems to draw them all in for whatever reason.  I threw a guy twice that was bothering my GF.  I can't stand stupid and it looms large there.

Brian Jonestown Masacre was the only show I went to without incident.  LCD and Spoon?  Full of people that don't seem to get out much.
    Haven't been yet, but that's a pretty small room for LCD. Cool on one hand, but I can definitely see it bringing out the assholes. 
    pjl44 said:

Really?

Why do you hate it?

Haven't been yet, but that's a pretty small room for LCD. Cool on one hand, but I can definitely see it bringing out the assholes. 
    Saw LCD twice there.  Had a blast but the same show.  First night was without incident.  Second night drunk 40 something blond girl decided she wants rail.  She tries to move in front of a gal on my left.  Gal wasn't having any of it, lol.  A "tussle" if you will, ensued.  Chick got thrown back.  I believe she left after that.  She was pretty drunk.

But seeing LCD up close like that?  Awesome.
    Look, If a bunch of you all come up/down we can meet up there early and we can pick a spot.  I'd love to hang out with a bunch of u.  Having a group at a show makes it a lot more fun to me.
    pjl44 said:

Really?

Why do you hate it?

Saw LCD twice there.  Had a blast but the same show.  First night was without incident.  Second night drunk 40 something blond girl decided she wants rail.  She tries to move in front of a gal on my left.  Gal wasn't having any of it, lol.  A "tussle" if you will, ensued.  Chick got thrown back.  I believe she left after that.  She was pretty drunk.

Man, you're giving me PTSD with that story. That scenario is the worst. It is weird how certain venues seem to be bad for that. In Boston, it's the Paradise. Constantly dealing with people elbowing their way up.

And I'm not an LCD guy but seeing that show in a big club has to be wild.
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Really?

Why do you hate it?

Man, you're giving me PTSD with that story. That scenario is the worst. It is weird how certain venues seem to be bad for that. In Boston, it's the Paradise. Constantly dealing with people elbowing their way up.

I'm a big guy so no one messes w me.  It's just the actions of some people around though that just makes me cringe.

Come to the show.  Me and my gal will hang w you.  We can get rail or just chill.  For Bungle I'm going to listen and relax.
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Really?

Why do you hate it?

I'm a big guy so no one messes w me.  It's just the actions of some people around though that just makes me cringe.

Come to the show.  Me and my gal will hang w you.  We can get rail or just chill.  For Bungle I'm going to listen and relax.
    Right on. First kid on the way next month, so my plan is to buy a ticket and see how feasible a Brooklyn trip is later. That is a goddamn stacked band.

Ugh... Mr. Bungle / Mike Patton shows have no shortage of assholes either... I forgot about this when I saw Tomahawk in '13... so many pricks.

Oh well, it will be a good problem to have if I'm able to score tickets. Would love to have a 10C meet up for this show... if I can't convince my one friend who doesn't have kids to take the road trip with me, I'll be flying solo.  

Ugh... Mr. Bungle / Mike Patton shows have no shortage of assholes either... I forgot about this when I saw Tomahawk in '13... so many pricks.

Oh well, it will be a good problem to have if I'm able to score tickets. Would love to have a 10C meet up for this show... if I can't convince my one friend who doesn't have kids to take the road trip with me, I'll be flying solo.  

If I can score tix I'll be there!
    FYI axs.com is having an Amex presale this morning @ 10:00 AM for Brooklyn.

You gotta love all the hoops you have to jump through to prove you're not a bot, meanwhile the bots swoop in & grab all the tickets.

Fuck me I missed this!!!

You gotta love all the hoops you have to jump through to prove you're not a bot, meanwhile the bots swoop in & grab all the tickets.

False sense of security.
    Fuck me I missed this!!!

I was in at 10:00 on the button and there were no tickets available.

This is going to be a bitch to score tickets.

Fuck me I missed this!!!

Bots and resellers are allover this one.  you watch.
    Fuck me I missed this!!!

axs.com has been down for the last hour plus... "clicking every box with a hydrant" or bus is going to drive me up a f'in wall.

Glad I saw these guys in the 90s, that's all I can say after this experience. Maybe Friday will be better, but I'm not holding my breath for this show.

Fuck me I missed this!!!

axs.com has been down for the last hour plus... "clicking every box with a hydrant" or bus is going to drive me up a f'in wall.

Glad I saw these guys in the 90s, that's all I can say after this experience. Maybe Friday will be better, but I'm not holding my breath for this show.

Day of show I can see a lot of tix getting dumped.
    edited August 2019

This morning's artist presale was also a bust. Axs' system is infuriating.

As of last night, the cheapest ticket for NYC was $150 on stubhub, a price I would consider if I were to strike out with the box office.

The cheapest on SH now is $210. :s

As of last night, the cheapest ticket for NYC was $150 on stubhub, a price I would consider if I were to strike out with the box office.

No way an obscure 90's band tix day of command that much, sorry.

NY just sucks and everything gets gobbled up.  LCD played 7 nights and people frothed at getting tix and paid out the wahzoo then they released more tix.

I'll wait til day of but i understand why you'll buy now.

No way an obscure 90's band tix day of command that much, sorry.

NY just sucks and everything gets gobbled up.  LCD played 7 nights and people frothed at getting tix and paid out the wahzoo then they released more tix.

I'll wait til day of but i understand why you'll buy now.

I'm not going to drop $210+ fees. I don't want to go that bad.

If I lived locally, I wouldn't mind holding out to the day of the show, but it's a 3-4 hour drive for me, so I have additional logistics to figure out.

If I strike out tomorrow, maybe the resale market will drop a bit, and I'll jump on it. Otherwise, I just won't go... it won't be the end of the world, I've seen them before. 

Side note: what do people see them playing outside of The Wrath...? They won't be able to pull off too much more of their catalog if it's only Patton, Dunn, Spruance, Ian & Lombardo. If they end up playing only hardcore covers outside of the original demo, this might be a show I want to miss anyway, despite the collective talent involved.

I will try for 4 on Tuesday.

Sound good?