Ghost (Swedish band)

Comments

• wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Spoiler,,,,this is s9upposedly the short, stockier Ghoulette..

https://youtu.be/2HT5rb5Zwbo
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Papa played the sax again.  That threw me for a loop when I saw them play here.

Glad you enjoyed the show AND got that 666 note!!!
    Give me your adress and I can send you one. If you're not been able to get one.
    Sweet baby Jesus!  I love you!!!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Papa played the sax again.  That threw me for a loop when I saw them play here.

Glad you enjoyed the show AND got that 666 note!!!
    Give me your adress and I can send you one. If you're not been able to get one.
    Sweet baby Jesus!  I love you!!!

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Just bought a Ghost t-shirt. i never buy tshirts that cost more than 20 dollars. But oh well.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Just bought a Ghost t-shirt. i never buy tshirts that cost more than 20 dollars. But oh well.
    Will you post on the "band shirt I wore today" thread?

I remember not liking the shirts so I am curious to what you bought.
    Will you post on the "band shirt I wore today" thread?

I remember not liking the shirts so I am curious to what you bought.
    Sure thing. When it arrives. 

Will tag you!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Weren't the Scorpions enough the first time around? Why do it all again?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    I don't really dig the thin sounding acoustic guitars... when doing acoustic versions they should get something else in there but the guitars. Me thinks.

I don't get why Dance Macabre didn't become a big mainstream hit with the dance beat. "Only" 10 million views on youtube. 

https://youtu.be/iYj5YP8ovEU
    Ghost was a bit uninteresting opening up for Metallica... playing in the daylight.
    Got that 666 cash!

TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Got that 666 cash!

TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No probs.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited August 2019
    Admittedly, I've never listened to these guys.  I've known about them for about 3-4 years but never checked them out.  I'm generally not a big fan of new metal as most of it just sounds like battle music from some mech-war anime movie.  But there's a group of guys that come to wing night every Thursday (not with our group, but ya know, familiar faces, weekly ritual, we all interact) that are really big into them so I decided to check them out last night.  Damn!  These guys are awesome!!  It's like 70's rock opera meets 80's hair metal.  The Who's Tommy X Dokken's Tooth and Nail.  I dig it! They have a new fan.
  • Admittedly, I've never listened to these guys.  I've known about them for about 3-4 years but never checked them out.  I'm generally not a big fan of new metal as most of it just sounds like battle music from some mech-war anime movie.  But there's a group of guys that come to wing night every Thursday (not with our group, but ya know, familiar faces, weekly ritual, we all interact) that are really big into them so I decided to check them out last night.  Damn!  These guys are awesome!!  It's like 70's rock opera meets 80's hair metal.  The Who's Tommy X Dokken's Tooth and Nail.  I dig it! They have a new fan.
    Was in the same situation. Knew of them and found the whole satanism-thing corny. Skipped them playing clubs here. Skipped them two times playing for free at the Liseberg Amusment park.

Still not a superfan (like their later stuff more than their first albums) and OMEGA LIVES -- but had fun seeing them live this spring. Less fun seeing them open up for Metallica in bright sunlight.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Link to purchase please!!!

• Link to purchase please!!!
    Just saw it in a sponsored link from GHOST. I guess its on their official website or official facebook...

Link to purchase please!!!
    Just saw it in a sponsored link from GHOST. I guess its on their official website or official facebook...
    I tried their official but didn't see anything...

Dammit!
  • I dug this tshirt they had... but not worth the shipping and the customs and the BS. Well o well

I don't get them at all, they sound like a Scorpions cover band to my ears.
    I am pretty heavily biased against both the (IMO) lame-ass hair metal sound and hokey costumes so I don't think I could ever give them a fair listen.
    rgambs said:
    I am pretty heavily biased against both the (IMO) lame-ass hair metal sound and hokey costumes so I don't think I could ever give them a fair listen.
    YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE FIRST LISTEN.  Sounds cheesy?  It is European death metal so that is to be expected.

Seeing them live is a kick in the gut though.  They are fun, I mean fun to watch live.  I was second row in for Maiden a few years back and these guys were just great.

That is why I dig them.  They sound much better live and living where u do I am not sure you will get the chance to see them unless you do a little traveling.
    rgambs said:
    YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE FIRST LISTEN.  Sounds cheesy?  It is European death metal so that is to be expected.

Seeing them live is a kick in the gut though.  They are fun, I mean fun to watch live.  I was second row in for Maiden a few years back and these guys were just great.

That is why I dig them.  They sound much better live and living where u do I am not sure you will get the chance to see them unless you do a little traveling.
    They're in Youngstown in October.  I'm actually considering the Hershey show.
  • rgambs said:

do it!
    rgambs said:

do it!
    Agreed
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Mary On A Cross sounds very reminiscent of Dance Macabre to me. Almost like it could've been an early demo of DM.
  • Sounds like Prequelle left overs.

With the first song and video, I thought it was a joke song. A tounge in cheek comment on everyone saying Prequelle was too pop, with the Britpop look of Forge in the video and everything.

But guess it was not.
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    Great show in Vancouver tonight!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018