Seattle 12/8/1993 Vault #9 Vinyl Presale

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    edited August 2019
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:
    Canadians!  Be Careful!

if you choose UPS Standard, your going to 100% get hit with a nasty brokerage fee from UPS when it crosses the border (plus applicable taxes).    You're probably better off choosing the $63 Standard Shipping over the UPS method (unless you know how to self clear the package, so UPS doesn't handle the customs for you).

Still waiting on the EU store for a better solution :)

ps.  Other international 10c'ers, the Worldwide Express option isn't the worst.  It includes the brokerage fee (only the lowest level UPS shipping methods make customer pay it upon receipt).  
    So nice having the CBSA 10 mins away. They didnt charge me anything for my mystery boxes.
    I can't remember, do you live in Victoria or Vancouver.  I've never self-cleared in Victoria before.  Not sure what the process is.  Plus I work all day, so I wasn't sure what hours one could do it.   It would be kind of cool to try it.

edit:  Actually it's a bit moot now.  The two options I get for Victoria are:

Standard International Shipping - $30.99 
        UPS Standard - $32.75 

The good method is cheaper than the UPS method :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    No brainer with the shipping fixed.   Placed my order :)

Also less painful knowing I topped up my account during the 10% gift card promo last Christmas.    I hope they do that again.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    Zod said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:
    Canadians!  Be Careful!

if you choose UPS Standard, your going to 100% get hit with a nasty brokerage fee from UPS when it crosses the border (plus applicable taxes).    You're probably better off choosing the $63 Standard Shipping over the UPS method (unless you know how to self clear the package, so UPS doesn't handle the customs for you).

ps.  Other international 10c'ers, the Worldwide Express option isn't the worst.  It includes the brokerage fee (only the lowest level UPS shipping methods make customer pay it upon receipt).  
    So nice having the CBSA 10 mins away. They didnt charge me anything for my mystery boxes.
    I can't remember, do you live in Victoria or Vancouver.  I've never self-cleared in Victoria before.  Not sure what the process is.  Plus I work all day, so I wasn't sure what hours one could do it.   It would be kind of cool to try it.

UPS Standard - $32.75 

Lol, they changed it again, now the shipping makes sense! 
     I’m in Vic. For future reference, the office is in the Atrium building on Yates. Once you get shipping confirmation with order number or tracking number just call UPS and tell them you want to self clear. They email you a couple forms that have all the shippers info, your info and item info. Print the forms and bring them down, you also need some sort of proof that its actually what you bought, i usually just screenshot the item from “your orders” in your account.  They stamp the form ups sent and you email it back to ups.
     First couple of times they just charged me tax like you’d expect but last 2 times with the mystery boxes they didn’t charge me anything. 2 different people, first time i thought it was just because it was close to lunch time. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:
    Canadians!  Be Careful!

UPS Standard - $32.75 

I’m in Vic. For future reference, the office is in the Atrium building on Yates. Once you get shipping confirmation with order number or tracking number just call UPS and tell them you want to self clear. They email you a couple forms that have all the shippers info, your info and item info. Print the forms and bring them down, you also need some sort of proof that its actually what you bought, i usually just screenshot the item from “your orders” in your account.  They stamp the form ups sent and you email it back to ups.
     First couple of times they just charged me tax like you’d expect but last 2 times with the mystery boxes they didn’t charge me anything. 2 different people, first time i thought it was just because it was close to lunch time. 
    That doesn't sound too bad?  Do you have to pickup the package from UPS or is already at the customs place in the atrium building?  As I work downtown, getting to Yates st. isn't too hard.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,735
    edited August 2019
    Shipping updated. Sweet! 

UPS Standard - $46.94 

Thank you
    @Santos L. Halper  :)
  • Options
    Shumway35Shumway35 Milton, Ontario Posts: 324
    demetrios said:
    Shipping updated. Sweet! 

UPS Standard - $46.94 

Thank you

I had already ordered - hopefully they can adjust 
    2000 - Toronto 
    2005 - St. John's 2
    2006 - Toronto 1 & 2 
    2009 - Toronto 
    2011 - Toronto 1 
    2013 - Pittsburgh,  Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit 
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto 1, Wrigley 1 
    2018 - Wrigley 1 & 2
    2019 - Ohana Festival 
    2022 - Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, Nashville 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    demetrios said:
    Shipping updated. Sweet! 

UPS Standard - $46.94 

Thank you
    Agreed - thanks 10C for making this better.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    Zod said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Zod said:
    Canadians!  Be Careful!

UPS Standard - $32.75 

That doesn't sound too bad?  Do you have to pickup the package from UPS or is already at the customs place in the atrium building?  As I work downtown, getting to Yates st. isn't too hard.
    No, UPS still delivers it to your door as usual. Sometimes you have to show them the stamped form, depends if theyve put it in the computer as self cleared yet.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    I’m starting to think talking about shipping and shipping related charges is the Canadian National pastime 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    Thanks Tenclub @Santos L. Halper - easy to pull the trigger now.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    RS151862 said:
    I’m starting to think talking about shipping and shipping related charges is the Canadian National pastime 
    It is, most definitely.    I don't think American's have to worry about it as much because the US has 10x as many people.  The US has a much bigger economy and a lot more options for ordering this domestically.   All we have are Canadian versions of Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy who are pale version of their US counterparts.  Thus American's don't really have a need to import (via online orders) all that much.   Thus they don't have to live the struggle of paying things like international postage fee's.

Given that I've enjoyed collecting cd's, movies, vinyl and occassionally buy other things. I've been having to deal with the woes of importing things into Canada for decades.  I still remember the first time UPS blasted me with an enourmous fee in the late 90s.   It wasn't until the internet got more useful I learned the in's and outs, but it's pretty simple:

Rule #1 - Use the domestic postal company whenever possible
    Rule #2 - Avoid UPS
    Rule #3 - Avoid other couriers, but if you have to, use them before you use UPS
    Rule #4 - Legal limit is $20 via post into Canada (in terms of CDN dollars) or $60 when its declared a gift.   Canada Post lets a lot of items slide (especially when under $100).  A courier seldom lets it slide, and UPS never lets it slide.    See Rules #1 to #3 :)

Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 909
    Sweet, shipping to the UK is now $36. Much better. If it doesn't show in the European store then at least it's in line with previous years pricing.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    edited August 2019
    rw160510 said:
    Sweet, shipping to the UK is now $36. Much better. If it doesn't show in the European store then at least it's in line with previous years pricing.
    Ugh the members across the pond are now talking about shipping prices. When will it stop!

Great to see the prices changed and hope they can reimburse those that already pulled the trigger. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    Zod said:
    RS151862 said:
    It is, most definitely.    I don't think American's have to worry about it as much because the US has 10x as many people.  The US has a much bigger economy and a lot more options for ordering this domestically.   All we have are Canadian versions of Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy who are pale version of their US counterparts.  Thus American's don't really have a need to import (via online orders) all that much.   Thus they don't have to live the struggle of paying things like international postage fee's.

Given that I've enjoyed collecting cd's, movies, vinyl and occassionally buy other things. I've been having to deal with the woes of importing things into Canada for decades.  I still remember the first time UPS blasted me with an enourmous fee in the late 90s.   It wasn't until the internet got more useful I learned the in's and outs, but it's pretty simple:

Rule #2 - Avoid UPS
    Rule #4 - Legal limit is $20 via post into Canada (in terms of CDN dollars) or $60 when its declared a gift.   Canada Post lets a lot of items slide (especially when under $100).  A courier seldom lets it slide, and UPS never lets it slide.    See Rules #1 to #3 :)

Would you say discussing the cost and options of shipping a hockey puck is your holy grail?
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    RS151862 said:
    Zod said:
    RS151862 said:

Rule #2 - Avoid UPS

Would you say discussing the cost and options of shipping a hockey puck is your holy grail?
    No need to ship pucks to BC. They're going to trade that pylon Loui Eriksson for a bag of them, which will be hand delivered . . . 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515

SHZA said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    demetrios said:
    Hey @Santos L. Halper  &  @Rubysdad , anyway you guys can fix the Canadian shipping rate please? $63 postage to ship a vinyl across the border? 

Thanks! 
    Yes, what is going on?? I cannot possibly spend that on shipping - the total in canadian dollars will be $150. Surely this couldn't be right. There is no way I'm paying that. If this isn't a mistake, I'm wondering if someone in the US who isn't buying one for themselves could order one and ship it to me please?? I really would like to keep my Vault collection complete, but I can't pay $63USD to have something shipped 200 miles. Why/how is 10C dealing with a shipping company where the price is like this? Are they deliberately trying to discourage non-US orders?
    No limit on orders. I'd grab an extra for you 
    That was so nice of you to offer!! :heart: Fortunately they changed the shipping options (at least for Canada) - I guess that really was a mistake. So I've been able to purchase my own.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    What's the deadline of the pre-order? 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    What's the deadline of the pre-order? 

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RS151862 said:
    Zod said:
    RS151862 said:

Rule #2 - Avoid UPS

Not really.  The whole issue is the stuff we need to buy from other countries.  Hockey pucks are one of the easiest items to find in Canada.  No need to import.  I'd be like calculating shipping on a loaf of bread :)

My holy grail is currently a Give Way CD.   Can't be that much to ship a cd.   
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    I live right near the boarder to the US and there is a UPS store on the other side. I get things shipped there for a $5 fee and cross the bridge to pick it up when it arrives. Might be the best option moving forward with my PJ orders 
  • Options
    RYANPB999RYANPB999 Coventry, Rhode Island Posts: 542
    $16 US shipping is steep.  I’d hope it’s next day delivery.
    Lmfbo
    Having tasted, a life wasted, I'm never going back again!
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    PB11041 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Cool pick. I think this show was on the “home” bootleg.  
    It's a cool set, one of the first unofficial boots I bought back in the day. That was years before the euro coin. I got the digipak version (I think there was a regular jewel case version, too). Listened to it several times. Sick O'Pussies into Go is insane. Best show of 1993 for me. Great to have a multitrack SBD released, just hope it will be complete with no cuts (including banter).
    Odds are something is cut, there's very little prior to 2000 that doesn't have a significant or small tape issue.  Brett Eliason confirmed this.  But based on Robs description and if I'm correct this might have been his first show, I'm guessing the music is complete or close to it.

PB11041 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's a cool set, one of the first unofficial boots I bought back in the day. That was years before the euro coin. I got the digipak version (I think there was a regular jewel case version, too). Listened to it several times. Sick O'Pussies into Go is insane. Best show of 1993 for me. Great to have a multitrack SBD released, just hope it will be complete with no cuts (including banter).
    Odds are something is cut, there's very little prior to 2000 that doesn't have a significant or small tape issue.  Brett Eliason confirmed this.  But based on Robs description and if I'm correct this might have been his first show, I'm guessing the music is complete or close to it.
    This was my fourth show. 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    NHiding said:
    PB11041 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

PB11041 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This was my fourth show. 
    nice, I have a fading memory, I just recall you talking about this one on PJ Radio, really psyched this is being released.  If you had input on getting them to consider this one, kudos, this is one we should all be treasuring.  Can't wait for it.  Last time I was this excited for live releases is when the Canadian 2005 tour got put on Nugs. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    Has everyone opened/played their vinyl vaults? I’ve yet to unleash them from their shrink wrap. 

Just wondering??
  • Options
    JBC7913 said:
    Has everyone opened/played their vinyl vaults? I’ve yet to unleash them from their shrink wrap. 

Just wondering??
    I always open them because they are kind of notoriously flawed, so I check for that. But I haven't listened to the last two I don't think, as the show choices just haven't inspired me to ... I guess I should do that though. I haven't been listening to any PJ lately at all actually. The current "situation" with them (includes several factors) has caused me to take a big step back from them in general - I don't even remember the last time I put PJ on the turntable. I didn't try to do this. It just kinda happened. I'm hoping they do something that brings me back a bit.
  • Options
    JBC7913 said:

Just wondering??
    I haven't because I haven't fixed my record player yet...

... so I guess mine could be flawed :(
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    Part of me says open them and spin them. The other part of me says I have it digitally so keep the vinyl new. 
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    JBC7913 said:

Just wondering??
    Hell yeah!
    Aside from the fact that I want to listen to them, the shrink is kinda tight on these and I feel like the covers could get deformed if they stay in the shrink. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    why the hell would you NOT play a record you spent almost $100 to buy. Life is tooooooo short.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    edited August 2019
    why the hell would you NOT play a record you spent almost $100 to buy. Life is tooooooo short.
    That's a lot to spend on a record. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com