My Morning Jacket

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Cant wait for the cap.
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087

Went to Red Rocks this past weekend as well. Brought my dad along for his first RR experience. Great to have MMJ back. They sounded fantastic.

My recordings of both nights:

https://archive.org/...2019-08-02.cm33

https://archive.org/...2019-08-03.CM33

2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Went to Red Rocks this past weekend as well. Brought my dad along for his first RR experience. Great to have MMJ back. They sounded fantastic.

THANKS so much for the links my friend...
    we were streaming your recordings on the roadtrip home,
    and I downloaded them as soon as I got home from Denver yesterday afternoon!!
    NICE job & thanks for sharing these INCREDIBLE performances. :plus_one:

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

Damn, great sound dude. Better than some official stuff I’ve heard
  • This is so hard to sit through. Haha.

https://youtu.be/pysDvtgEIKo
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817

Thanks so much. Almost makes me feel like I was there! Someday...
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    Anyone going to the NYC show Saturday?

So sad long story short, I had bought these a while back when my wife and I were together - we have since split. And my buddy who I'm staying w/ in NYC will be at an event that evening, so I have one extra ticket. If someone needs one, it's a digital ticket, and you'd have to meet me at the gate. Maybe buy me a beer or two and we can call it even? If anyone needs one! It's GA.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Anyone going to the NYC show Saturday?

So sad long story short, I had bought these a while back when my wife and I were together - we have since split. And my buddy who I'm staying w/ in NYC will be at an event that evening, so I have one extra ticket. If someone needs one, it's a digital ticket, and you'd have to meet me at the gate. Maybe buy me a beer or two and we can call it even? If anyone needs one! It's GA.
    If there was an easy way to and from the Port Authority, I'd take you up on your offer.  But, I don't think I'd be able to catch my bus home.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    I’ll be at both shows this weekend. Pumped!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    edited August 2019
    Bump if anyone needs a free GA ticket (digital - so would just have to meet @ gate).
    Post edited by 1STmammal2wearPants on
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Bump if anyone needs a free GA ticket (digital - so would just have to meet @ gate).
    Man I wish I didn’t buy a ticket in 802 or I’d be all over it 
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    ComeToTX said:
      Were you the tall guy wearing a Neil Young "Tonight's the Night" t-shirt at the Cap tonight?  If so, you talked to me about my Drive-By Truckers shirt.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I know a few friends who went to the show last night. Wow Tennessee Fire in it's entirety and a few old ones and a few covers and that's it. Granted probably my least fav MMJ album but still pretty cool.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    The TF songs are SO much better live. I will admit I was bummed when the lights when on but so cool to hear rocketman and tyrone. Cant complain when you get 2 hours of MMJ though.  Stellar sound and lights, really solid show that was clearly a warm up for tonight. You guys are in for a treat tonight!
    Bump if anyone needs a free GA ticket (digital - so would just have to meet @ gate).
    Man I wish I didn’t buy a ticket in 802 or I’d be all over it 
    It’s all good! Offer still stands for anyone who needs an extra ticket. Otherwise, see y’all at the show and am pumped!!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 460
    TF not my favorite album, but really loved it last night.  Some great jams, and they sounded amazing.  Cap is one of my favorite places for shows, would love EV to maybe play there.  Wish I was hitting Forest Hills tonight, have a feeling it's gonna be a doozy

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me

• The run of Mahgeetah, Evil Urges, Victory Dance, Circuital, Gideon, Off the Record was just incredible. And the end of the set of Tropics, Laylow - Steam, Phone Went West was perfect. There are a lot of good versions of Phone Went West out there and I’d put this one up there as a very good example of a laid back version. 

JJ spoke a little more than usual, which means he said 30 words all night instead of 5. He commented on NY being inclusive where everyone can feel safe and be who they are without fear. He looked good, like he lost weight, and was in good spirits. To address a few posts up: . I would say last night was not a band fulfilling a contractual obligation. They weren’t going through the motions. Plenty of band interaction, like Carl and JJ playing at each other, like usual. If someone saw something different, or I missed something let me know, but I think it was what they said it was, just a break, a reset. Because they were on fire last night. 

Forest Hills is a cool venue. Older, and on the smaller side but you can feel the history around the building.  Plenty of food/drinks available and merch lines didn’t look too crazy. I’ve always been frustrated that MMJ don’t have tour specific shirts. All the shirts for years at the shows are the ones from there website. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    The run of Mahgeetah, Evil Urges, Victory Dance, Circuital, Gideon, Off the Record was just incredible. And the end of the set of Tropics, Laylow - Steam, Phone Went West was perfect. There are a lot of good versions of Phone Went West out there and I’d put this one up there as a very good example of a laid back version. 

JJ spoke a little more than usual, which means he said 30 words all night instead of 5. He commented on NY being inclusive where everyone can feel safe and be who they are without fear. He looked good, like he lost weight, and was in good spirits. To address a few posts up: . I would say last night was not a band fulfilling a contractual obligation. They weren’t going through the motions. Plenty of band interaction, like Carl and JJ playing at each other, like usual. If someone saw something different, or I missed something let me know, but I think it was what they said it was, just a break, a reset. Because they were on fire last night. 

Forest Hills is a cool venue. Older, and on the smaller side but you can feel the history around the building.  Plenty of food/drinks available and merch lines didn’t look too crazy. I’ve always been frustrated that MMJ don’t have tour specific shirts. All the shirts for years at the shows are the ones from there website. 

I feel like people forget they have to shake the cobwebs of the performance aspect as well as the playing. Those Red Rocks shows have some pretty rough moments and I can see where one plays into the other.
    Yefa said:
    ComeToTX said:
      Were you the tall guy wearing a Neil Young "Tonight's the Night" t-shirt at the Cap tonight?  If so, you talked to me about my Drive-By Truckers shirt.
    Ha. Nope. If I’d seen you in a Truckers shirt I would have said something though!

Great 2 weeks of Jacket!
    Anyone found an audience recording from Forest Hills yet? 
    Found a decent boot of the Port Chester show,
    but can't find anything from Forest Hills.
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

Thanks Allon...
    downloading NOW!!!

• derbydave said:
    Thanks Allon...
    downloading NOW!!!
    Thank you 
  • Almost 2 weeks since Forest hills. What a great show. They need an album and proper tour in the fall. Best band around 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958

best part of that announcement for me.  glad we're getting some jacket this year.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    I NEED TO GOOOO
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Any rumors of additional dates?