NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Anyone watching Another Life?
    Put it on my list, was just curious if anyone had feedback on what they thought./....

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited August 2019

Bloodline was an abomination.  No one should watch the third season.  No one.   It has no merit.  It has no value.  It was designed to waste hours of your life.  The second to last episode was a freakin' dream.  They had 9 episodes to condense three seasons and wasted one of them on a dream sequence.  That is the most angry I've been over a tv show ever (which thankfully for my maturity isn't that many times). 

The dude runs for sheriff with all these skeletons in his closet?  What the hell is he thinking?

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

Bloodline was an abomination.  No one should watch the third season.  No one.   It has no merit.  It has no value.  It was designed to waste hours of your life.  The second to last episode was a freakin' dream.  They had 9 episodes to condense three seasons and wasted one of them on a dream sequence.  That is the most angry I've been over a tv show ever (which thankfully for my maturity isn't that many times). 

The dude runs for sheriff with all these skeletons in his closet?  What the hell is he thinking?

Agreed. Not many shows can go from an A+ to an F faster. I thought the first season was great, but it got considerably worse in 2 then 3. They should've just let the show go instead when it got cancelled (Netflix will never say it cancels shows) instead of feeling some need to tie all up.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Agreed. Not many shows can go from an A+ to an F faster. I thought the first season was great, but it got considerably worse in 2 then 3. They should've just let the show go instead when it got cancelled (Netflix will never say it cancels shows) instead of feeling some need to tie all up.
    Horrible.  Apparently the creators had a plan for 5 seasons but found out right before the 3rd season that it was going to be the last season so they had to adjust on the fly and try to close it up.  Obviously that didn't go too well.

Same creators/writers had a show called Damages that was really good.  It was on Netflix a few years ago and we binged that one really fast.  Pretty sure it's streaming on Amazon Prime now and definitely worth checking out.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Put it on my list, was just curious if anyone had feedback on what they thought./....

Saw the half season so far and I like it..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    23scidoo said:

Saw the half season so far and I like it..
    Cool, thanks!

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I'm deeply disappointed they canceled The OA.  What a deeply fascinating show. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
    PSUS2H said:
    Ugh, really? Didn't get to season 2 yet, and most likely won't now.
  • PSUS2H said:
    "Deadline reported that Netflix sees little value in shows that exceed 10-episode seasons and 30 episodes overall, which is one reason many Netflix shows get canceled after two or three seasons."
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited August 2019
    Netflix is going to go the way of the dodo.  Whole streaming market is going to change in the year or so.... unfortunately.

PSUS2H said:
    "Deadline reported that Netflix sees little value in shows that exceed 10-episode seasons and 30 episodes overall, which is one reason many Netflix shows get canceled after two or three seasons."
    Which sucks. If that's the intent then make that part of the planning from the beginning so that there is an arc in the story development that has, ya know, some kind of an ending. Otherwise, that tells me they know we're all just zombies consuming whatever's the latest and don't really give a shit if you're satisfied with as much the ending as the beginning of a show.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Netflix is going to go the way of the dodo.  Whole streaming market is going to change in the year or so.... unfortunately.

I agree. Streaming is getting as ridiculous as cable was 10-15 years ago. I guess I'm glad we got to enjoy it before it was ruined. By next year you'll be paying the same price to stream all the programming you want to see as you do with 1 cable provider and their 200+ channel insanity. The proprietary programming rights are going to get out of control. Back to trying to find alternative free downloads at this rate.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited August 2019
    tbergs said:

I agree. Streaming is getting as ridiculous as cable was 10-15 years ago. I guess I'm glad we got to enjoy it before it was ruined. By next year you'll be paying the same price to stream all the programming you want to see as you do with 1 cable provider and their 200+ channel insanity. The proprietary programming rights are going to get out of control. Back to trying to find alternative free downloads at this rate.
    Absolutely. Another large part of this is it's no coincidence that the traditional cable companies are now the ISPs. They identified what is the crux to everything, and as long as they're involved in this conversation at some point the price becomes prohibitive beyond what the "cord-cutting" services may provide due to these companies trying to entice you with their "well priced" internet options (pretending that there is any cost difference in different internet speeds is ridiculous). I would be less inclined to compare the streaming services I didn't have to weigh the cost of the internet service as well. It's just all one goddamn scam.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    Shouldn’t we pay for content?   How can we expect to get a good product for $10 a month or using a family members’ login?  

Somehow paying $14 a month (less than a movie ticket and popcorn) is expensive.  I don’t get it.
    tbergs said:

Absolutely. Another large part of this is it's no coincidence that the traditional cable companies are now the ISPs. They identified what is the crux to everything, and as long as they're involved in this conversation at some point the price becomes prohibitive beyond what the "cord-cutting" services may provide due to these companies trying to entice you with their "well priced" internet options (pretending that there is any cost difference in different internet speeds is ridiculous). I would be less inclined to compare the streaming services I didn't have to weigh the cost of the internet service as well. It's just all one goddamn scam.
    Dropping truth, right here.
    I pay for Netflix, Hulu, and Prime now.  I still pay for cable because my wife will not agree to cut the cord. 
    Coming out of the mixup, I have no idea where I will land...but it will not increase in #. 
    Prime stays, because of the shipping.  (Although others are now providing so that is becoming less of a determining factor.)
    Disney, Fox, YouTube, CBS, HBO, and whomever else I am forgetting. 

Shit is crazy.
    We were spoiled by the last number of years...shit is about to get ugly.

Shouldn’t we pay for content?   How can we expect to get a good product for $10 a month or using a family members’ login?  

Somehow paying $14 a month (less than a movie ticket and popcorn) is expensive.  I don’t get it.
    Agreed. That's what makes them "worth it" on their own, and the market will dictate the pricing when consumers will no longer buy in. Other benefit is you can start and stop as you choose. The problem I think is people buy in to multiple and then come up from not realizing how many they're paying for on top of paying for their internet service.

To me it's less Netflix and more the companies trying to offer a cable equivalent (PS Vue, YouTube TV, Hulu, Sling, etc) via cord cutting - which really isn't a thing because ultimately you're a slave to the ISP for these services (and all of these services are going up in price).

Personally, I subscribe to PS Vue because I really like the service, but I do that knowingly to pay a premium so I'm not caught up in some dumb cable contract. PS Vue, YouTube TV, etc have all increased their fees due to the same shit cable companies go through with carriage fees (and of course seeing what breaking point you'll go to as the consumer until you say no more).

Other countries get fiber internet (no dialing down of speeds because fiber is instant) for free. That can be done here, but it won't because people have an issue with the wrong enemy. Oligopolies = Cable companies = ISPs. Yes, I'm one of those people who believe internet should be a utility.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

Absolutely, but we also shouldn't be subjected to the ridiculous bidding wars of the giant corporations who are monopolizing the industry. I pay for basic Sling right now and got it primarily to watch my local sports team. Well 2 weeks ago, Dish and Disney decided they didn't want to play nice any more so there went my local sports Network. I cancelled my subscription just because of that. Now the next best streaming package to watch my team is about 2x as much. I don't want their 70+ channels because I don't watch them nor do I want to. It's a fucking ripoff. Sling at least had cheaper package option for under $30. I am ok with that, not $50+ though. Way better ways to spend my money that don't involve watching TV. If MLB would get their shit together and quit blacking out my local team, I would have probably bought their package, but they don't give me a way to see what I want either.

To keep this rant on track, I am ok with Netflix raising their rates. I don't think they are over charging the amount of content they provide. I know what it gets me and the volume of content that I either want to see or revisit is well worth it.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Season 2 of Mindhunter is on..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Just finished season 3 of GLOW. First two season were way better.  This one was ok but not great. I think there was more sex scenes than wrestling scenes.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Animal Kingdom
    great show. one of the few my wife and i watch together. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

glad I never finished it. i dropped off halfway through season 2. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    23scidoo said:
    Season 2 of Mindhunter is on..
    YESS. I binged the whole thing this past Sunday. What a fantastic show. I absolutely love the build-up on the BTK killer!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    started mindhunter season 1 last night. good stuff. should be great for a rainy weekend ahead!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

There is nothing I can do to make up the chasm of how much better your life is than mine because you did not witness such an abomination.  My eyes can't un-see it.  My ears can't un-hear it.  My brain can't erase the memories of it.  I could win the lottery every day until I die and yet you will be able to close your eyes each night when you place your head on the pillow with no comprehension of that third season. 

• I was so looking forward to Bloodline (if you are talking about the TV-series and not the 4th Hellraiser-movie) but dropped out after like 3-4 episodes of season 1. 

But man what a cast.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

There is nothing I can do to make up the chasm of how much better your life is than mine because you did not witness such an abomination.  My eyes can't un-see it.  My ears can't un-hear it.  My brain can't erase the memories of it.  I could win the lottery every day until I die and yet you will be able to close your eyes each night when you place your head on the pillow with no comprehension of that third season. 

meh. i watched Lost till the end. same boat. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    New Chappelle special now airing. Sticks and Stones
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14