Police abuse

Comments

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Well, I have taken the class, eight hours of it was on the law, so yeah I do.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Or maybe you believe that these licensed instructors want to be part of a criminal lawsuit for intentionally offering bad advice.  That’s it, they want their own lives ruined and their families destroyed just to prove some anti right.  Makes total sense.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I've taken a concealed carry course. I did not get the impression at all that they were giving me tips on how to get away with murder.
    I was given guidance on what self defense is and isn't, and tips on how to handle a self defense case, and sure, I guess someone can take that information and apply it to a murder. But I was also told expect to go bankrupt and have the case follow me for years even in a clear-cut defense case. So by no means was anyone supporting covering up a murder. But honestly, shouldn't a concealed weapons course on self defense cover what self defense is and how to deal with it? By doing exactly what it is designed to do, thats not promoting murder.
  • Some shithead is attacking an elederly person with a knife. Two passerbyers intervene and the shithead starts to attack them.

Cops arrive and beg the shithead to put the knife down. He essentially laughs at them and proceeds to attack his victims again. A non-lethal effort to subdue the shithead doesn't work. He continues to attack. They finally subdue the threat (and take the three injured people to the hospital).

https://globalnews.ca/news/4479907/queensborough-assault/

Good cops? Or bad cops?

I'm thinking if I'm the victim and under repeated attacks... I'm imploring the cops to end the threat. If it's my family member under attack... shoot the f**king loser and don't put my loved one at risk.

This could have ended much worse for the 'attacked'.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    GUILTY!!!!! 17 counts in total.

Chicago police officer Jason Van Dyke convicted of second-degree murder for killing Laquan McDonald
    https://wapo.st/2yiVzHS

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Yeah, very curious to see this one play out, it will be interesting to have the full story.
    Still not the full story, but a few more details of Guyger's story, which don't exactly make sense.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dallas-police-officer-amber-guyger-botham-jean-shooting_us_5b96daf8e4b0cf7b0042b550

She claims she shot after Jean ignored her "verbal commands", which sounds like she saw herself in a police role at that time, despite the fact that she had no grounds to give verbal commands.

She also says she shot before turning the lights on, thus explaining why she didn't realize that she was in the wrong apartment. Why would she shoot without even knowing who or what she was shooting at?
    My first thought was that this is the kind of thing they teach at conceal carry classes.  There are always helpful tips on how to get away with murder, giving clear warnings and commands supports a self-defence claim.

Guyger finally indicted for murder of Botham Jean today. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Yeah, very curious to see this one play out, it will be interesting to have the full story.
    Still not the full story, but a few more details of Guyger's story, which don't exactly make sense.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dallas-police-officer-amber-guyger-botham-jean-shooting_us_5b96daf8e4b0cf7b0042b550

She claims she shot after Jean ignored her "verbal commands", which sounds like she saw herself in a police role at that time, despite the fact that she had no grounds to give verbal commands.

She also says she shot before turning the lights on, thus explaining why she didn't realize that she was in the wrong apartment. Why would she shoot without even knowing who or what she was shooting at?
    My first thought was that this is the kind of thing they teach at conceal carry classes.  There are always helpful tips on how to get away with murder, giving clear warnings and commands supports a self-defence claim.

Guyger finally indicted for murder of Botham Jean today. 
    good on the grand jury for elevating the initial manslaughter charge....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited December 2018
    mace1229 said:

Is this a 'policing' incident?

She was off duty and entered the wrong apartment after her shift. She shot a guy thinking it was a home invasion. And now... she's rightfully being charged with manslaughter. This was not an on duty officer abusing her position of power. This was an idiot that is facing charges for her idiocy.

I think that in Texas, there might be a few people from a number of professions who might have done the same thing after moronically forgetting which apartment was theirs.
    How does such a “moron” get hired to keep law and order over the rest of us, never mind be issued a firearm? Oh yea, right, it’s ‘Murica. Further, off duty police behavior can’t be pointed out nor criticized? If the victim had been white and the offending officer minority, there’d be pages of condemnation of the “white genocide,” I’m sure.

You are asking that question?

My gawd man... look who your country elected as its president. If it's slim pickings for your president... it's really really lean for selecting police officers.

You can be as critical as you want, but if this is all the news related to police abuse... the cops have had a good month.
    I think the charges are justified.
    But I also think the personal attacks may not be. Have you never tried to open the wrong car door? Everyone has. Does that make you an idiot?
    It sounds stupid at first, I agree. But when you read the details she lived there about a month. It seems plausible that she got off on the wrong floor by mistake and went to where her apartment would be.
    I dont know what the apartment building looked like, but many are just like hotels. Once you get off the elevator it all looks the same.

I think she should be charged, but I dont think that represents any sort of slim pickings based on 1 incident, that actually probably happens all the time (without a shooting). 
    About 3-4 months ago someone came to my apartment at 7am pounding on the door. Thinking there was maybe some kind of emergency, I got up, answered the door, and this girl who I’ve never seen in my life barges in and starts claiming she was in my apartment the night before partying and left her phone, shoes, & other belongings there. I did not have anyone over the night before and had no clue who this chick was. She argued with me up and down about it. I had to call the police to get her to get her to leave.  Turns out she was in the apartment on the next floor down across the hall. The layouts are exactly the same except flipped left and right. 
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited December 2018
    mace1229 said:

Is this a 'policing' incident?

She was off duty and entered the wrong apartment after her shift. She shot a guy thinking it was a home invasion. And now... she's rightfully being charged with manslaughter. This was not an on duty officer abusing her position of power. This was an idiot that is facing charges for her idiocy.

I think that in Texas, there might be a few people from a number of professions who might have done the same thing after moronically forgetting which apartment was theirs.
    How does such a “moron” get hired to keep law and order over the rest of us, never mind be issued a firearm? Oh yea, right, it’s ‘Murica. Further, off duty police behavior can’t be pointed out nor criticized? If the victim had been white and the offending officer minority, there’d be pages of condemnation of the “white genocide,” I’m sure.

You are asking that question?

My gawd man... look who your country elected as its president. If it's slim pickings for your president... it's really really lean for selecting police officers.

You can be as critical as you want, but if this is all the news related to police abuse... the cops have had a good month.
    I think the charges are justified.
    But I also think the personal attacks may not be. Have you never tried to open the wrong car door? Everyone has. Does that make you an idiot?
    It sounds stupid at first, I agree. But when you read the details she lived there about a month. It seems plausible that she got off on the wrong floor by mistake and went to where her apartment would be.
    I dont know what the apartment building looked like, but many are just like hotels. Once you get off the elevator it all looks the same.

I think she should be charged, but I dont think that represents any sort of slim pickings based on 1 incident, that actually probably happens all the time (without a shooting). 
    About 3-4 months ago someone came to my apartment at 7am pounding on the door. Thinking there was maybe some kind of emergency, I got up, answered the door, and this girl who I’ve never seen in my life barges in and starts claiming she was in my apartment the night before partying and left her phone, shoes, & other belongings there. I did not have anyone over the night before and had no clue who this chick was. She argued with me up and down about it. I had to call the police to get her to get her to leave.  Turns out she was in the apartment on the next floor down across the hall. The layouts are exactly the same except flipped left and right. 
    Had to read through the quotes since its been a while. But this girl I would say was pretty wack compared to that cop incident. 
    Clearly she didn't know the person who lives at the place of the party, or she would have realized she was at the wrong place when you answered. Probably a friend of a friend. So who goes pounding on the door of a stranger at 7 am anyway? Even if she was right, and she did leave her stuff there, wait until a normal time to go ask for it. If she had left her stuff there I would have been tempted to just say "I'm still in bed, come back at noon" then close the door and lock it.
    Since it escalated to the point of calling police ,I hope she got a ticket for disturbance or something. 
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Gosh darnit Jerry! Now use gone dun it.
  • dignin said:
    Gosh darnit Jerry! Now use gone dun it.

Lol

I see you picked up on the humorous aspect of the clip! I'd bet $20 they both voted for the orange unit.
    4.40 - 5.30
    Greek pigs protect traitors

https://youtu.be/-2Rxp7HpxRc
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Pigs are everywhere..

https://youtu.be/Wi8gXxRnHMk
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• 23scidoo said:
    Pigs are everywhere..

https://youtu.be/Wi8gXxRnHMk

Yikes.

What's the context? Did this guy bury a child somewhere? Is so... use a King Cobra next time please.
    edited March 2019
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited August 2019
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/investigations/2019/07/30/gonna-kill-dallas-police-body-cam-footage-reveals-final-minutes-tony-timpas-life

If you think this sort of behavior is in the minority, you are naive and a fool!  I'm serious.

Anecdotal rant:
    The last interaction I had with a cop was at a backyard campfire.
    Among the gems he drunkenly tossed out:
    "Weed has fentanyl in it as often as not" 
    "Denver is retarded for legalizing mushrooms after all the marijuana deaths out there"
    "They should ban NARCAN and just let junkies die"
    When countered that those were people's mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters, he replied that they made their choice and don't deserve any pity...and then he chugged off the last of his 12 pack and drove himself and his wife home. 

Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/investigations/2019/07/30/gonna-kill-dallas-police-body-cam-footage-reveals-final-minutes-tony-timpas-life

If you think this sort of behavior is in the minority, you are naive and a fool!  I'm serious.
    "Denver is retarded for legalizing mushrooms after all the marijuana deaths out there"
    When countered that those were people's mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters, he replied that they made their choice and don't deserve any pity...and then he chugged off the last of his 12 pack and drove himself and his wife home. 

I hear ya, people who think a majority of Cops are good people are totally naive and foolish, especially after the behavior you experienced from that drunken cop....  I mean what kind of person takes a job where they are willing to run towards danger as others run away from it, be willing to die for people they most likely have never met before, see death in a way that most humans couldn't even fathom, often times being the first person to comfort families members of victims who experience death and tragedy, working nights, weekends, holidays, missing many important family events such as graduations, weddings, Birthday Parties,  and don't forget missing Jr.'s first hit in a tee-ball baseball game, the short and long term physical and mental injuries caused by all the hands on interaction's with offenders who just don't seem to surrender civily....I wonder Why,  working in areas that need them the most that are located primarily in areas that HATE them, never cooperating with them in finding offenders or anything anything for that matter, having people refuse to accept PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY lie to them day after day after day so they don't get locked up to get one more fix....
    I am with you in not being naive and foolish,  the majority of Cops must feel the same way as the Cop you ran into at that backyard campfire...I am serious!!! 
    rgambs said:

I hear ya, people who think a majority of Cops are good people are totally naive and foolish, especially after the behavior you experienced from that drunken cop....  I mean what kind of person takes a job where they are willing to run towards danger as others run away from it, be willing to die for people they most likely have never met before, see death in a way that most humans couldn't even fathom, often times being the first person to comfort families members of victims who experience death and tragedy, working nights, weekends, holidays, missing many important family events such as graduations, weddings, Birthday Parties,  and don't forget missing Jr.'s first hit in a tee-ball baseball game, the short and long term physical and mental injuries caused by all the hands on interaction's with offenders who just don't seem to surrender civily....I wonder Why,  working in areas that need them the most that are located primarily in areas that HATE them, never cooperating with them in finding offenders or anything anything for that matter, having people refuse to accept PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY lie to them day after day after day so they don't get locked up to get one more fix....
    I am with you in not being naive and foolish,  the majority of Cops must feel the same way as the Cop you ran into at that backyard campfire...I am serious!!! 
    The bad behavior referenced was laughing, mocking, and joking about the death of a man who called them for help. 
    The rest is an anecdotal rant, which isn't worth any more than any other anecdote...which is to say it's mostly worthless.
    Interesting though that you think tough working conditions excuse utter ignorance and hypocrisy.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

The bad behavior referenced was laughing, mocking, and joking about the death of a man who called them for help. 
    The rest is an anecdotal rant, which isn't worth any more than any other anecdote...which is to say it's mostly worthless.
    Interesting though that you think tough working conditions excuse utter ignorance and hypocrisy.

Not to mention forgetting that they swear to uphold the constitution. But you know, rights?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

I understand, thanks for clarifying.    I am new around here so at least I know now who's anecdotes and life experiences on these threads I could consider "Worthless".  
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

I understand, thanks for clarifying.    I am new around here so at least I know now who's anecdotes and life experiences on these threads I could consider "Worthless".  
    All anecdotes are essentially worthless.  Anecdotal information is not considered valuable or useful data.
  • rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

All anecdotes are essentially worthless.  Anecdotal information is not considered valuable or useful data.
    I see, I never looked at that way. I tend to form my opinion on things from my personal life experiences and other peoples life experiences that I know and value shared through anecdotes.... Boy, I get more confused by the day the more I read some of these threads.
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

I see, I never looked at that way. I tend to form my opinion on things from my personal life experiences and other peoples life experiences that I know and value shared through anecdotes.... Boy, I get more confused by the day the more I read some of these threads.
    Yeah, and that's the way everyone learns and grows, but those experiences aren't data that can be used by anyone else and they don't do much to inform the larger picture that makes up objective truth.
    No person's life is a large enough data sample to mean much to the whole...besides, if anecdotes had weight, I would have to believe in ghosts lol
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Yeah, and that's the way everyone learns and grows, but those experiences aren't data that can be used by anyone else and they don't do much to inform the larger picture that makes up objective truth.
    No person's life is a large enough data sample to mean much to the whole...besides, if anecdotes had weight, I would have to believe in ghosts lol
    Wait I’m confused (not hard to do!). Aren’t you the one posting about the cop at your cookout and saying the majority of cops are bad? Perhaps I’m reading this wrong
    hippiemom = goodness
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Wait I’m confused (not hard to do!). Aren’t you the one posting about the cop at your cookout and saying the majority of cops are bad? Perhaps I’m reading this wrong
    I didn't separate the two with spacing as I intended, that's why I clarified that the second part was just an anecdotal rant.  The video (and the multitude out there) was the evidence that shitty attitudes are the norm, the anecdote was my frustration leaking.

I'll edit the post to more clearly aligned with what I intended.
    edited August 2019
    Oops
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©