Ryan Adams 2019

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Yefa said:
    Aziz Ansari had no career for a year after one bad date.  Think about that for a minute.
    He chose not to have a career for that year. Because he was smart that no one wanted to hear from him and he knew distance was the best idea.
  • MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Mandy Moore talked a little bit about the marriage to Ryan on Howard Stern interview. Howard tried to pry more but she was little hesitate to keep talking about. She opened up more than I thought she would
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    What do you think the chances are that Big Colors gets released before the year is up?
    decent. 
    The other 2 will be shit canned for certain.

• joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Any Ryan Adams fans still out there?  I’ve got 26 RA titles on vinyl (12” and 7”).  Not sure if there’s still a market for these?
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Any Ryan Adams fans still out there?  I’ve got 26 RA titles on vinyl (12” and 7”).  Not sure if there’s still a market for these?
    There is. I sold all of mine as a lot on eBay.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    That’s what I was thinking of doing.  Decent money?  I was going by discogs median price...
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    the more rare stuff will still sell for good money. The main albums sell for way less. I think I sold the Audiophile 29 pressing for only $7 or something. But I sold III/IV for like $150.

All the money is going to RAINN anyway, but I'd like to get more. 

I have a ton of 7" I need to sell still. 

• mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    I'd love to get decent money for my Live After Deaf
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:
    That’s what I was thinking of doing.  Decent money?  I was going by discogs median price...
    That's what I did and kept shipping cost low by stating they would ship through media mail. They were sold within 3 days after several bids. Good luck!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    and now bRyan Adams has fucked his career, posting a racist rant on instagram and twitter about those "bat eating greedy fuckers" causing this virus and cancelling his tour. 

back to ryan adams. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

They can both go away.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    and now bRyan Adams has fucked his career, posting a racist rant on instagram and twitter about those "bat eating greedy fuckers" causing this virus and cancelling his tour. 

back to ryan adams. 
    That's racist?  I don't see it, sorry.

back to ryan adams. 
    yeah, i would tend to agree. but that's what all the lynch mob keeps saying. he didn't mention china. he didn't mention chinese people. he was only talking about wet markets and how it's (in his opinion, i mean, has that even been proven?) brought the planet to a halt. 

but you can't criticize anyone who isn't a white male without being labelled. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

back to ryan adams. 
    yeah, i would tend to agree. but that's what all the lynch mob keeps saying. he didn't mention china. he didn't mention chinese people. he was only talking about wet markets and how it's (in his opinion, i mean, has that even been proven?) brought the planet to a halt. 

Lynch mob?  Isn't that racist?  You can't use that term!  You're white!
    edited May 2020

back to ryan adams. 

Lynch mob?  Isn't that racist?  You can't use that term!  You're white!
    LMAO
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Anyone have any thoughts on the apology?...

"There are no words to express how bad I feel about the ways I've mistreated people throughout my life and career. 

All I can say is that I'm sorry. It's that simple. This period of isolation and reflection made me realize that I needed to make significant changes in my life. 

I've gotten past the point where I would be apologizing just for the sake of being let off the hook and I know full well that any apology from me probably won't be accepted by those I've hurt. 

I get that and I also understand that there's no going back. 

To a lot of people this will just seem like the same empty bull***t apology that I've always used when I was called out, and all I can say is, this time it is different. 

Having truly realized the harm that I've caused, it wrecked me, and I'm still reeling from the ripples of devastating effects that my actions triggered. 

There is no way to convince people that this time is truly different, but this is the albatross that I deserve to carry with me as a result of my actions. 

Realizing the consequences of my actions, I took a hard look inwards and sought to find the truth behind them. What pain was I carrying myself that was so poorly and wrongly being projected onto others? 

I made a promise to myself that no matter what it took, I would get to the root of these issues and finally start to fix myself so I could be a better friend, a better partner, and a better man overall. 

That being said, no amount of growth will ever take away the suffering I had caused. I will never be off the hook and I am fully accountable for my harmful behavior, and will be for my actions moving forward. 

In my effort to be a better man, I have fought to get sober, but this time I'm doing it with professional help. Sobriety is a priority in my life, and so is my mental health. These, as I'm learning, go hand in hand. 

But I will not bore anyone with stories of my demons or use them to excuse what I've done. I really want to express that I've internalized the importance of self-care and self-work. I'm really trying. 

Music is how I lay my soul bare, and in working through this, I have written enough music to fill half a dozen albums. 

Some of these songs are angry, many are sad but most of them are about the lessons I've learned over the last few years. Those ones an expression of my deepest remorse. 

I hope that the people I've hurt will heal. And I hope that they will find a way to forgive me."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8480627/Musician-Ryan-Adams-reveals-hes-sober-pens-raw-apology.html

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786
    edited July 2020
    That’s a lot of “I”’s
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
    That’s a a lot of “I”’s
    At least he realizes it was all him and no one else to blame.  That is a good start.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Why would he post it in the Daily Mail. Isn't that a thrash "ALIENS HAVE BEEN SPOTTED IN THE LONDON SEWERS" tabloid
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    That’s a a lot of “I”’s
    https://youtu.be/EVXn1tBZQqg
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    He can just fuck right off at this point. He doesn’t get it and he doesn’t want to get it. What a pathetic apology, made even a little more pathetic by the fact it’s hot on the heels of a victim’s album release. 
    yep
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    I'm not sure any kind of apology would be good enough at this stage.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    I was interested to see that he’d finally decided to say something, but it’s all bollocks. The sales pitch at the end for his new songs just made it even worse.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    I finally pulled the trigger on selling my Ryan Adams stuff.  If anyone is looking for his albums let me know.  I’ll let you know what I have left
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    new album yesterday.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Wobbie said:
    new album yesterday.
    Think it's actually really good. A bit Neil Young in places, a bit Dylanesque. The songwriting is up there with his best and its probably the album he needed to make. A lot of regret and emotion in there. I'd say its definitely worth a listen
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I listened to about half of it yesterday. The guy has major issues. Addiction, mental health issues and who knows what else. I’m not excusing his behavior, but people with those issues aren’t like themselves. Cloudy thinking, and judgement even on their best days. The sober/clean RA, working on his mental health might be a sweetheart guy. Personally I am not sure I can ever listen to his stuff the same as before, but I believe in healing, atonement and redemption. We’re all struggling to some degree being our best selves & I wish RA the best in that journey. 
    www.cluthelee.com