Dave Matthews Band

Comments

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Yeah, I'll enjoy Washington state and Alaska, we just don't tell her. :)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Streaming tonight’s show in Bristow, Virginia on YouTube  
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    DMB is my second favorite band. Loving their SiriusXM channel this summer. Just as good as PJ Radio. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Streaming tonight’s show in Bristow, Virginia on YouTube  
    now in a weather delay

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    DMB is my favorite band to listen to live. They change up so many songs every time they play it. Pearl Jam is still my favorite band to see live. Never been closer than 30+ rows back to see DMB so maybe if I was super close it would help me enjoy seeing them live more. But I love DMB. For sure. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Amazing show last night!  I dragged my wife there (son got grounded).  We were in the pit but hung back.  She's not interested in being in the mix.  Man,they were on fire.  I ripped down the live stream overnight as I may turn this one into a blu ray.  Last Exit AND Halloween.. and a totally unique Halloween style.  It took the crowd a few minutes to figure it out, but what a way to go out.  100 degrees and ANOTHER rain delay could have killed the evening, but nope.  It was one of the best shows I've seen in this sort of 10 year era. 
    edited July 2019
    DMB is my favorite band to listen to live. They change up so many songs every time they play it. Pearl Jam is still my favorite band to see live. Never been closer than 30+ rows back to see DMB so maybe if I was super close it would help me enjoy seeing them live more. But I love DMB. For sure. 
    I go through phases.  In the early 2000's I went to more DMB shows. They were on fire during from 2000-2004.  Man every show was amazing.  Then I swung back to PJ for about ten years and only went to the Virginia shows for DMB.  Now since this last album, they are putting on better shows again, they seem revived.  I think Boyd was some sort of drag on them or something.  They keep adding more songs as Buddy Strong gets more comfortable.  Last night he sang main verses on Everyday, and during the 20 min Jimi Thing that included Fly Like an Eagle and Stayin' Alive (with Back in Black as the rhythm).  It was crazy!  
    Sorry for rambling, but I'm still wired from that show.  It was great.  Heading to West Palm next week for more!
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    mrussel1 said:
    Amazing show last night!  I dragged my wife there (son got grounded).  We were in the pit but hung back.  She's not interested in being in the mix.  Man,they were on fire.  I ripped down the live stream overnight as I may turn this one into a blu ray.  Last Exit AND Halloween.. and a totally unique Halloween style.  It took the crowd a few minutes to figure it out, but what a way to go out.  100 degrees and ANOTHER rain delay could have killed the evening, but nope.  It was one of the best shows I've seen in this sort of 10 year era. 
    Now THAT would be awesome! @mrussel1
    RK50065 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Haha.. Last Stop, not Last Exit.  Good call.  
    Glad you had fun, @mrussel1. 39 days to go for me!
    Also, I read in one of the fb groups that show posters are $60 for Dave now??? So the Gorge would be 3 nights at $60 apiece, then another one for the weekend poster, and finally one more for the tour poster. I'm getting out. I've been thinking about selling all of my posters and it's just getting ridiculous. Not a knock on them or anything, but 5 posters for one city seems to be the norm nowadays lol.
    Also, I read in one of the fb groups that show posters are $60 for Dave now??? So the Gorge would be 3 nights at $60 apiece, then another one for the weekend poster, and finally one more for the tour poster. I'm getting out. I've been thinking about selling all of my posters and it's just getting ridiculous. Not a knock on them or anything, but 5 posters for one city seems to be the norm nowadays lol.
    I heard some are 50 and some are 60.  Two years ago they were 40.  I don't know what's up.  I got Sat's show.  I ordered it from the Warehouse when the 3PM email hit.  I have so many prints from PJ and DMB, I'm also not as enthused.  I do like this one.  Every time I say I'm done, I get another.  I have a closet full of framed prints that I don't even have on the wall.  I just rotate them like a museum, and a folder full of more that are waiting.  

The last DMB show I went to (the night before Superbowl 2018) they were $40 I believe. Awesome poster, but it's just sitting in a portfolio along with Metallica, FF, PJ, etc. If there's no wall room, then I have to ask myself, why keep buying? Rotating is an option, but I dunno, we'll see what I decide next month when I'm looking at them at the merch table.
    The last DMB show I went to (the night before Superbowl 2018) they were $40 I believe. Awesome poster, but it's just sitting in a portfolio along with Metallica, FF, PJ, etc. If there's no wall room, then I have to ask myself, why keep buying? Rotating is an option, but I dunno, we'll see what I decide next month when I'm looking at them at the merch table.
    If you've waited in that line and there's still a print, then you're buying.. at least I would.  The lines are brutal, as bad as PJ now.  Now if you have Warehouse tickets, the email comes at 3PM (I don't know if it's local or est, since I'm both).  And then you got to hit it fast.  The Bristow prints were gone in 2 minutes.  I ended up getting one because I was ready and I knew my wife wasn't down with getting there at 630 just to get a poster.  You get a few bucks off the face, and then pay shipping.  So works out to 9 bucks to avoid the line.  
    WH still has early entry, right? No issues in the past with early entry for me getting whatever I want. However, I've never done the Gorge and don't know how that works there. If the lines are crazy, I'm gonna wait until mid-show and see what they have left. I really should slow down with the merch anyway.

I am intrigued by the email you mention though. I don't remember that from last time. Is that just for posters or all tour merch?
    WH still has early entry, right? No issues in the past with early entry for me getting whatever I want. However, I've never done the Gorge and don't know how that works there. If the lines are crazy, I'm gonna wait until mid-show and see what they have left. I really should slow down with the merch anyway.

I am intrigued by the email you mention though. I don't remember that from last time. Is that just for posters or all tour merch?
    It started in the fall tour.  When I did Charlottesville, I got an email with the option to buy the poster, the show specific shirt, or a combo of both.  During that tour, you actually picked up the poster at teh show.  They had it waiting for you.  It was great.  This time, you get an email at 3 with the same combo.  However it's mailed to you.  It goes to everyone who has Warehouse tickets.  
    And yes, there is early entry, but it's done differently now.  AT like 515, they start handing out random numbers and do that until like 6 something.  And then they call the number and that person is first and then I think they go in order after that or something.  The point is, your chances are equal whether you're there at the crack of dawn up until the number hand out ends.  You'll get an email a few days prior with the details.  
    Thanks for the info, that sounds better than waiting in line! It's been a few years since I've seen Springsteen, but I think he does early entry that way too. So it doesn't matter what time you get there since they pick a random number. My memory could be fuzzy on that, but I know what you're talking about.
    Thanks for the info, that sounds better than waiting in line! It's been a few years since I've seen Springsteen, but I think he does early entry that way too. So it doesn't matter what time you get there since they pick a random number. My memory could be fuzzy on that, but I know what you're talking about.
    Tonight's print.  This one will break the DMB poster board.  Not quite VA Beach Sperry, but very hot.  I dig it.  I'd love to frame one and put it in the room of my youngest daughter.  

• RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    mrussel1 said:
    RK50065 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Haha.. Last Stop, not Last Exit.  Good call.  
    All good, I knew what you meant. Now if they would just play the entire song!
    @mrussel1 Oh yeah, going for upwards of $200 looks like. Man, all this poster talk makes me want to put up some new ones. Just looked at my Night Before poster again. But that means taking down old ones. First world problems. I suppose I could sheetrock the garage. If I can buy the Gorge posters on my phone hours before the show starts, and not have to worry about fitting them in my luggage, then I'll probably cave lol. Just like I always say no more shirts, I always ask my wife for more hangers after any concert. I will save money on a hoodie this year though, as I like full zips and they only have pullovers.
    @mrussel1 Oh yeah, going for upwards of $200 looks like. Man, all this poster talk makes me want to put up some new ones. Just looked at my Night Before poster again. But that means taking down old ones. First world problems. I suppose I could sheetrock the garage. If I can buy the Gorge posters on my phone hours before the show starts, and not have to worry about fitting them in my luggage, then I'll probably cave lol. Just like I always say no more shirts, I always ask my wife for more hangers after any concert. I will save money on a hoodie this year though, as I like full zips and they only have pullovers.
    The PJ hoodies are hard to beat.  They are super soft. 
    I'm considering Dave & Tim in Mexico next February. Last winter was freaking brutal here in MN. We had blizzards into mid-April. Ate money for 2 different concerts b/c of storms, Soul Asylum in December and Roger Clyne in April. Not crazy expensive for those bands, but still.
    Watched the LT44 Blu-ray the other day to get pumped for the Gorge, only to realize it was dark so no scenery lol. Could've been anywhere for all I know. Don't want to get "Daved out" though beforehand.
    Watched the LT44 Blu-ray the other day to get pumped for the Gorge, only to realize it was dark so no scenery lol. Could've been anywhere for all I know. Don't want to get "Daved out" though beforehand.
    That Blu ray as good as 46 from last year?  The 5.1 is amazing and the crispness of the footage exceeds even the the new Soundgarden br. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Man, I didn't realize they did a /2000 pressing of the DMB in Europe release on vinyl.
    @mrussel1 honestly, most of my LTs are still sealed. I haven't watched 46 yet, and just cracked the seal on 44 to watch it. I never have time for TV anymore with work, home, family, etc. Which isn't a bad thing, just what it is. But yeah, sounded and looked pretty good. I have the new SG but haven't watched that one yet either. I only listened to it while mowing lawn the weekend it came out. So many videos to watch, including some cool BTN ones. ;)
    @mrussel1 honestly, most of my LTs are still sealed. I haven't watched 46 yet, and just cracked the seal on 44 to watch it. I never have time for TV anymore with work, home, family, etc. Which isn't a bad thing, just what it is. But yeah, sounded and looked pretty good. I have the new SG but haven't watched that one yet either. I only listened to it while mowing lawn the weekend it came out. So many videos to watch, including some cool BTN ones. ;)
    Wait until you see Boston 1.  It will be quite bueno.  
    Any chance of Wrigley 2, or not b/c of the rain? Possibly my favorite show, just because it was fun singing and dancing in said weather, last night in town, etc. (Possibly my last show ever? LOL) I might even rank it ahead of front row Mike in 2003.
    Any chance of Wrigley 2, or not b/c of the rain? Possibly my favorite show, just because it was fun singing and dancing in said weather, last night in town, etc. (Possibly my last show ever? LOL) I might even rank it ahead of front row Mike in 2003.
    I didn't do Chicago.  It's possible but I don't have much film at this moment.  Seattle 2 and Missoula are for sure.  Hopefully there will be a new tour by time I finish these three. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Love this show! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......