The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    When is the next debate? No talks yet on How many people Will be cut?
    July 30, 31 Live in the D. Everyone should be there except Eric. No idea if Styer will be there.
    No Eric :/
    I know. I guess he decided to pass the torch.
    That was good. 
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    https://politics.theonion.com/john-hickenlooper-sets-ambitious-250-fundraising-goal-1836219425

DENVER—Calling upon donors to take his campaign to new, unprecedented heights, Democratic presidential candidate John Hickenlooper set an ambitious $250 fundraising goal Tuesday for next the debate cycle. “It certainly won’t be easy, but with your help, we can grow from a grassroots campaign with virtually nothing to a grassroots campaign with $250 dollars,” said Hickenlooper at a recent rally, bucking the warnings of advisors who cautioned him to stay below an “already insane” $100 ceiling for the next financial quarter. “I know it sounds impossible now, but if 25,000 Americans donate just one cent to Hickenlooper 2020, we’ll reach $250 in no time. That’s why I’m introducing exclusive merchandise, meet-and-greets, and private dinners for top-tier donors who give within the $1 to $5 range.” At press time, sources confirmed that Hickenlooper’s campaign funds were still stuck at zero.

😂

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

Rosie O'Donnell: Joe Biden should sit out 2020 election

https://youtu.be/ApB4BcbwWa4
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    ^ that looks like Rush Limbaugh wearing glasses
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Hickenlooper...HILARIOUS
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Trump is going to get re-elected.  I hate to say it, but I really think he is.  So keep in mind that while we should do our best to ensure that doesn't happen, it is a very real and likely thing to  happen.  Thus, we should not lose sight of the Congress while we're all caught up with who we vote for President.

Im expecting Biden to go full on malarkey in the next debate.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Hi! said:

If I was advising his campaign, I’d tell him to use the world “malarkey” 5+ times minimum in the next debate.

Had a conversation with a life long democrat about an hour ago. Is was quick:

Me-”Do you like Biden?”

”No. I don’t like any of them.
    Ill tell you who I do like is that mayor. I wouldn’t vote for him”

Me-“Why?”

” Because he’s gay”

So frustrating  because I believe he could win if he wasn’t gay.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Hi! said:

Me-”Do you like Biden?”

Me-“Why?”

” Because he’s gay”

people can say things OUT LOUD and not even realize how fucking stupid they sound. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/451962-tulsi-gabbard-slams-kamala-harris-it-was-a-false-accusation-that-joe-biden%3Famp
    This was kind of interesting, although in the whole scheme of things it probably means jack shit, but in the debate setting it could be interesting if Gabbard were to emphasize her feelings on this. I was hoping the candidates were gonna move past this, but it still seems front and center still.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Gavin Newsom and California just put all the primary candidates in a pickle.  No walking back on raising their hands for giving illegal immigrants free healthcare.  But at least this may help the Dems capture the electoral votes from Cali in the next election. 
    edited July 2019
    Hi! said:

Me-”Do you like Biden?”

Me-“Why?”

” Because he’s gay”

A person can't win because they are gay until they win and is gay, and people say "weird we thought someone couldn't win because they are gay?". A gay person would have a hard time being prime minister in Sweden also. In most countries. And it's sad.

But, I mean:

Me-”Do you like Biden?”

Ill tell you who I do like is that guy from chicago, Obama. I wouldn’t vote for him”

Me-“Why?”

” Because he’s black. And a black won't win”

Who would have the biggest chance of winning in the US - a gay man or an atheist?
    Hi! said:

Me-”Do you like Biden?”

Me-“Why?”

” Because he’s gay”

A person can't win because they are gay until they win and is gay, and people say "weird we thought someone couldn't win because they are gay?". A gay person would have a hard time being prime minister in Sweden also. In most countries. And it's sad.

But, I mean:

Me-”Do you like Biden?”

Ill tell you who I do like is that guy from chicago, Obama. I wouldn’t vote for him”

Me-“Why?”

Who would have the biggest chance of winning in the US - a gay man or an atheist?
    It’s interesting to use Obama as an example. I never had that same feeling, “ he can’t win because of this or that.” I always felt he would win. Maybe we have evolved more when it comes to race as compared to sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
    Could a black man win prime minister in Sweden?

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Hi! said:

Me-”Do you like Biden?”

Me-“Why?”

” Because he’s gay”

But, I mean:

Me-”Do you like Biden?”

Me-“Why?”

In the impeachment thread,  there is a big discussion whether trump supporters are racist.

Possibly they are not, but without doubt, america in general is a country overrun by and chock full of discriminatory citizens.

A gay man winning the presidency? Most likely not.

A nonreligious individual, such as an atheist? no f*cking way.
    edited July 2019
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:

Me-”Do you like Biden?”

Me-“Why?”

” Because he’s gay”

But, I mean:

Me-”Do you like Biden?”

Me-“Why?”

It’s interesting to use Obama as an example. I never had that same feeling, “ he can’t win because of this or that.” I always felt he would win. Maybe we have evolved more when it comes to race as compared to sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
    Could a black man win prime minister in Sweden?
    We vote for parties, not individuals (but obviously the party leader is the face of the party). The parties choose their party leaders and "The Liberals" (small party though) has right now chosen a black woman as leader.

I would say it would not be a big factor if the "leader" of The Social Democrats (biggest party in the parliament) would be black. The racists have their own party now "The Sweden Democrats" and the old fashioned republican-like-old-white-dude-racists vote for "The Moderats" which is the biggest opposition party -and there I would think a black man/woman as leader would push certain voters away.

None of those parties are frontloaded with "black people" though, so I guess there will be some time before one will be nominated and elected to be party leader. They both have had women leading though, so that is something.
    edited July 2019
    Hi! said:

Me-”Do you like Biden?”

Me-“Why?”

” Because he’s gay”

But, I mean:

Me-”Do you like Biden?”

Me-“Why?”

In the impeachment thread,  there is a big discussion whether trump supporters are racist.

Possibly they are not, but without doubt, america in general is a country overrun by and chock full of discriminatory citizens.

A gay man winning the presidency? Most likely not.

A nonreligious individual, such as an atheist? no f*cking way.
    Racist or racist by association. Big deal. They voted for a racist with a racist agenda because "it lines up with their ideals". 

So they have an active part in keeping racism alive and well.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    edited July 2019

Not having a legal right to maternity leave is fucking sick. Absolutely disgusting.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

Not having a legal right to maternity leave is fucking sick. Absolutely disgusting.
    The answer to this question is the United States. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

My answer as well.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

if you didn't live in either country and were asked this question, I'm guessing your answer would be different. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

if you didn't live in either country and were asked this question, I'm guessing your answer would be different. 
    That truly is a guess.  
    Bernie forgot to mention tax rates in his tweet.  That's seems like an unusual oversight on his part.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

Probably not. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:
    Bernie forgot to mention tax rates in his tweet.  That's seems like an unusual oversight on his part.  
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

Abd with our tax rates that you fear so much and losing big compared to by any quality of life metric - we pay half of your cost in health care. And were pretty expensive compared to other European countries.

so just go to bed with your me-me-me outllok on society. 
    ”B-b-But I got a MRI in 3 days so Fuck anyone else”

yuck. 
    mrussel1 said:
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

Abd with our tax rates that you fear so much and losing big compared to by any quality of life metric - we pay half of your cost in health care. And were pretty expensive compared to other European countries.

Yep I'll do that gladly with my 24% effective rate.  Thanks.  And you can sleep well in your second rate country as well.  I aim high,  you aim... let's call it mediocre at best. 
    edited July 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No. Its pretty obvious. 

Yep I'll do that gladly with my 24% effective rate.  Thanks.  And you can sleep well in your second rate country as well.  I aim high,  you aim... let's call it mediocre at best. 
    I pay 25%. If you are speaking percentage of pay. 

You still pay double for your healthcare. So be daft if you wish to.

And show me one Quality of Life metric where Sweden would be "second rate" compared to the US?

Fucking debate from within reality if you gonna debate. But obviously you are unable to.

"B-b-but MRI if I pay for it. B-b-but WW2. B-b-but magic eagles soaring over our land. F-f-fuck everyone else"

The Nickelback of arguments.
    I don't know if this is a canditate, who can remember them all - but he has a "kind father in a sitcom" quality.

https://youtu.be/GRDYOIJrBzE
This discussion has been closed.