2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    fife said:
    pjhawks said:
    I assume Leonard wants more Championships?  Why would he go to philly?  When’s the last championship they won?
    so that rules out the Clippers...and the nets...and the knicks and about 20 other teams.
    you could make the argument that if Philly had Leonard they would have bet toronto.  Philly gave them the hardest test.  If you have simmonds, Joel and adding leonard makes them the favorite to win the whole damm thing but I don't see Leonard going to Philly.  the Clippers made the playoffs in the west and gave golden state a good run and Golden state had everyone playing at that time.  they are really goood
    Butler would have to go.

If that happened the Sixers wouldn't lose.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited June 2019
    fife said:
    pjhawks said:
    I assume Leonard wants more Championships?  Why would he go to philly?  When’s the last championship they won?
    so that rules out the Clippers...and the nets...and the knicks and about 20 other teams.
    you could make the argument that if Philly had Leonard they would have bet toronto.  Philly gave them the hardest test.  If you have simmonds, Joel and adding leonard makes them the favorite to win the whole damm thing but I don't see Leonard going to Philly.  the Clippers made the playoffs in the west and gave golden state a good run and Golden state had everyone playing at that time.  they are really goood
    Butler would have to go.

82-0
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    fife said:
    pjhawks said:
    Butler would have to go.

82-0
    Let's not get cray.

Simmons still doesn't have an outside shot.  If Kawhi went there maybe he could coax him to want to be better?
    fife said:
    pjhawks said:
    Butler would have to go.

82-0
    Let's not get cray.

Simmons still doesn't have an outside shot.  If Kawhi went there maybe he could coax him to want to be better?
    Believe me, if Kawhi joined this team, that would not matter much. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    fife said:
    pjhawks said:
    Butler would have to go.

82-0
    Let's not get cray.

I would like it to see Simmons get better.
    fife said:
    pjhawks said:
    Butler would have to go.

82-0
    Let's not get cray.

Join the club. Gotta make a leap forward next year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    fife said:
    pjhawks said:
    Butler would have to go.

82-0
    Let's not get cray.

I think simmons is what he is going to be to be honest.  great at what he does but what he doesn't do is makes him a good player
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The Raptors GM is staying in Toronto...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    fife said:
    fife said:
    pjhawks said:
    Butler would have to go.

82-0
    Let's not get cray.

I think simmons is what he is going to be to be honest.  great at what he does but what he doesn't do is makes him a good player
    I expect improvement. This year he improved his fg% by a couple percent. The free throw percent jumped from 56-60%. That number MUST be around 70%.
    And he HAS to start shooting the ball even a little bit. He did it in college and high school. Developing a little 10 footer and, eventually, being able to spot up for 3's on the corners is not an unrealistic thing to anticipate. He's still really young and other players developed those things as the years went by. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    fife said:
    fife said:
    pjhawks said:
    Butler would have to go.

82-0
    Let's not get cray.

I expect improvement. This year he improved his fg% by a couple percent. The free throw percent jumped from 56-60%. That number MUST be around 70%.
    And he HAS to start shooting the ball even a little bit. He did it in college and high school. Developing a little 10 footer and, eventually, being able to spot up for 3's on the corners is not an unrealistic thing to anticipate. He's still really young and other players developed those things as the years went by. 
    you would know better but from what I understand is that its not that he can't shoot but doesn't want to.  if he got a jumpshot he could be a great player. 
    Of course he is and I believe Leonard is going to stay also atleast for 3 years
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    fife said:
    Of course he is and I believe Leonard is going to stay also atleast for 3 years
    Either sign a 1 & 1
    1 yr with player option

or 5 year max
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    fife said:
    pjhawks said:
    Butler would have to go.

82-0
    Let's not get cray.

Join the club. Gotta make a leap forward next year. 
    the 2nd year ROY?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Went down to the arena today and picked up a Zion jersey.  
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383

giving them away? :tired_face:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Wobbie said:

giving them away? :tired_face:
    Selling like crazy!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,415

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    23scidoo said:

I like that poster, he is going to a great player. Why do I think so because he WANTS to be great.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Kemba’s cool

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    AD turned down his $4 MIL trade  & LA traded 3 players to free up more Cap Space? Do they sign another Top FA are do they spread that money out to 2 or 3 players? If they sign another Max player who's on the bench?  Carmelo Anthony? JR Smith? D-Wade comes out of retirement?>HAHA
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    cutz said:
    AD turned down his $4 MIL trade  & LA traded 3 players to free up more Cap Space? Do they sign another Top FA are do they spread that money out to 2 or 3 players? If they sign another Max player who's on the bench?  Carmelo Anthony? JR Smith? D-Wade comes out of retirement?>HAHA
    They will definitely try for Kawhi/Butler/Irving, not sure if they get any of them though. D Russell is the next plan I think, which would be hilarious to see him go back. No way in hell I go back there if I'm him. Much better options on the table for him.
    Korver will most likely be bought out buy Memphis, so he'll be on board. JR could also be a chance. Surely they don't  bring in Carmelo?? They need to find some bigs, as McGee and Chandler are both FA although I imagine at least one of them resigns with them for a chance at a ring.  After Davis, they have no bigs under contract and with Davis's injury history, they will need to have a quality back up waiting. Even if they get another Max player, their depth is going to be pretty woeful unless they can score a few gems

I have no idea why the Nets are chasing Irving, when they have Russell already, who's younger and showed great signs this season. Irving has shown himself to be a weird guy and somewhat of a distraction in the locker room at times. He also misses games every season. He is no doubt a great player, but I don't see a need for the Nets to throw the max at him.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    No Coder said:
    cutz said:
    They will definitely try for Kawhi/Butler/Irving, not sure if they get any of them though. D Russell is the next plan I think, which would be hilarious to see him go back. No way in hell I go back there if I'm him. Much better options on the table for him.
    Korver will most likely be bought out buy Memphis, so he'll be on board. JR could also be a chance. Surely they don't  bring in Carmelo?? They need to find some bigs, as McGee and Chandler are both FA although I imagine at least one of them resigns with them for a chance at a ring.  After Davis, they have no bigs under contract and with Davis's injury history, they will need to have a quality back up waiting. Even if they get another Max player, their depth is going to be pretty woeful unless they can score a few gems

I have no idea why the Nets are chasing Irving, when they have Russell already, who's younger and showed great signs this season. Irving has shown himself to be a weird guy and somewhat of a distraction in the locker room at times. He also misses games every season. He is no doubt a great player, but I don't see a need for the Nets to throw the max at him.
    Not sure why, but i would be surprised if Kawhi Leonard signed with Lakers. I think if they could sign him, then they could get me & you to come off the bench>LOL. If they sign anyone else, i don't see it working, as of right now. I'm with you  as AD gets hurt a lot. LBJ will be 35 this year too. I wouldn't go back to LA either if i was D. Russell. 

Gonna be real interesting to see what happens in the NBA.
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    cutz said:
    No Coder said:
    cutz said:

Not sure why, but i would be surprised if Kawhi Leonard signed with Lakers. I think if they could sign him, then they could get me & you to come off the bench>LOL. If they sign anyone else, i don't see it working, as of right now. I'm with you  as AD gets hurt a lot. LBJ will be 35 this year too. I wouldn't go back to LA either if i was D. Russell. 

Gonna be real interesting to see what happens in the NBA.
    I know Kawhi is from LA, but he doesn't seem like the kind of person that would enjoy the media attention that playing with the Lakers and LBJ/AD would bring. I'd love to see him and another big FA go to the Clippers and then they challenge the Lakers, but I think he may end up staying with Toronto. 

IF, and it's a huge IF, but if Philly could get Kawhi that would be massive. He is planned to have a meeting with them. They get him and keep JJ Reddick, that puts them as the favourites in the East I think. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Sweet Jesus my head is spinning from reading predictions and analysis

sixers should go Horford and Butler. Fuck it
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,415

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    That would be cool.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Everyone on Kawhi’s Junk

lebron & KD fighting to hitch their wagons to him instead of the other way around

kawhis been the best player in the world ever since he destroyed Lebron in 2014.... That dirty fuck Pachulia or however you spell his Goon name cost him a year, Spurs might have taken down GS that year

if I’m Kawhi, id stay with Raptors for another Year, Siakom looks like a stud, the East has talent but 2/3 other east contenders have headcases.... Greek Freak missing a legit sidekick

Lakers have lure, but they are a mess in front office and lack of youth now. I really think it would be more glamorous for him minus Lebron

Clippers have all the PCs , it would be his own thing. Their ownership is good now, and I’d never imagine the Clips ever winning when I was a kid

id love for the Knicks to get him, but I really think 90% of players who mean something, and their agents have secretly or not so sectretly Black balled the Knicks... 

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    He went from I'll take less to stay in Charlotte. To psych!
    I miss igotid88