Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Girardi would fit in great with this team....I believe. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Bring back Lee Elia. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    bbiggs said:
    Bring back Lee Elia. 
    He worked for the Rays for a few years.  Don't give Theo any ideas!
    bbiggs said:
    Bring back Lee Elia. 
    The best media meltdown ever imo. Absolutely classic. 
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Bring back Lee Elia. 
    The best media meltdown ever imo. Absolutely classic. 
    The best part was "You wanna blame somebody, blame me! But don't blame these guys out here bustin their ass makin a living!"  That's a manager with at least some degree of accountability when shit hits the fan!!
    ^ Amen. He was a fiery guy, that’s for sure. Maybe a non-“players coach” is what this team needs. 
    Cubs suck.  As that loudmouth prick Richard Sherman once said about the 49ers, the Cubs are "ME-DI-OC-RE."  Team might win 85 games if they're lucky.  All I keep hearing about from EVERYONE is "there's too much talent on this team for them to not get it together."  They have regressed as a team every year since winning the World Series.  Where is this fucking talent I always hear about but never shows up?  Aside from Baez & Rizzo, I'm not sure any position player on the team has enough talent to bring it to the stadium on a daily basis and compete.  Look at all of the other good teams of the past 4 years.  They keep getting better, we keep getting worse.  The pure and simple fact is that the Cubs have done NOTHING to keep up with the Dodgers, Red Sox, Yankees, Astros, Brewers.  Even the Braves & Phillies have more exciting teams with more consistent all-star caliber players than the Cubs.  Those teams are all so far ahead of us, forget the fucking postseason.  Even if - and that's a small if - we make the playoffs, it will be one and done again.  It's almost like they won it all then got cocky and just expected the Commissioner's Trophy to be handed to them every year.  I'd be ok if this is Maddon's last season.  If there is all of this untapped talent in the dugout, it's the manager's job to get them to play to that level on a daily basis. I'm convinced Maddon is more concerned with what quirky lineup moves and puzzling in-game decisions he can make than actually winning games.  It's like he goes to the stadium with no game plan other than "How can I be fucking weird today?"

I'll reply with your response in another thread regarding PJ and their lack of activity. The topics may be different, but I think your response in the one could certainly apply here. :lol::lol: 

HesCalledDyer
    The fan base needs to find other things to occupy their time.  Pearl Jam isn't the sun; the world doesn't have to revolve around them ALL the time.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Ha, I think his outlet from the Cubs is moderating the Message Board for any PJ criticism.  

Kidding....
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Amen. He was a fiery guy, that’s for sure. Maybe a non-“players coach” is what this team needs. 

You Cubs fans sure have become spoiled!  I'd love for Joe Maddon to replace Renteria again and come to the white sox....Renteria is just brutal.  Sox-Cubs the next couple days should at least be a little more interesting than in past years since the Sox aren't a complete joke anymore...lucky for the Cubs they get to face that stiff Nova tonight.  Giolito-Lester tomorrow night should be a nice matchup.  
    bbiggs said:

You Cubs fans sure have become spoiled!  I'd love for Joe Maddon to replace Renteria again and come to the white sox....Renteria is just brutal.  Sox-Cubs the next couple days should at least be a little more interesting than in past years since the Sox aren't a complete joke anymore...lucky for the Cubs they get to face that stiff Nova tonight.  Giolito-Lester tomorrow night should be a nice matchup.  
    We are a whiny bunch sometimes, aren’t we?  😉 
    bbiggs said:

If Maddon would just stop with the weird, quirky moves for the sake of being weird & quirky, he'd be ok.  Like chill out Joe, you don't have to be "that guy" all the time.
  • LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    bbiggs said:

bbiggs said:

The fuck did I do to you?
    Anyone going to the Reds game on 6/30 or PIrates 7/1?  Both games on the road, so Cincy and Pitt.  I'm gonna try to go to one or the other - or both if I can make it happen but that's doubtful.  Really want to check out GABP.
  • LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    bbiggs said:

maybe you were just being weird or ... LOL 😁
    bbiggs said:

maybe you were just being weird or ... LOL 😁
    Not quirky, too?  Damn it, I'm off my game today!
    Not the Cincy or Pitt games, but at the Cubs game now. Tom Morello for the 7th inning stretch. 

I think GABP was awesome....when I was there in 04. But heard PNC Park was phenomenal too. Fuck it, go enjoy some good baseball. 
    PNC is awesome. And Pirates fans tend to be one of the better home crowds if you’re a visiting fan. I’ve gone Opening Day twice there. Cubs in ‘13 and Dodgers in ‘10 and it’s such a great atmosphere.

Re: tonight’s game. I can’t be mad at Eloy.
    PNC is awesome. And Pirates fans tend to be one of the better home crowds if you’re a visiting fan. I’ve gone Opening Day twice there. Cubs in ‘13 and Dodgers in ‘10 and it’s such a great atmosphere.

Re: tonight’s game. I can’t be mad at Eloy.
    Not at all. That in game situation, history with the Cubs organization and stupid fucking Strop on the mound....I just saw it happening. Was not surprised one bit. Can't blame the offense either, having to face Cy Nova. I mean, coming into the game, he had a 6.28 ERA. Why would one expect the Cubs to put up any more that 1 run? This loss falls squarely on Hamels shitty pitching! :get_outta_here:

That was a shitty ending to a beautiful day at the ballpark. Giolito tomorrow....no fucking bueno muchachos... 
    Good for Eloy. Kids a stud. Cubs deserved to lose that game. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    He broke his bat on that home run...he has some ridiculous power.  He hit one last week that went 462 feet and it looked like he barely swung...looks like a special player.
    bbiggs said:
    He broke his bat on that home run...he has some ridiculous power.  He hit one last week that went 462 feet and it looked like he barely swung...looks like a special player.
    Kid's gonna do great things.  Here's hoping we can steal him back from you guys someday! :smiley:
    bbiggs said:
    Kid's gonna do great things.  Here's hoping we can steal him back from you guys someday! :smiley:
    Trade them Quintana for Eloy maybe?
    bbiggs said:
    Trade them Quintana for Eloy maybe?
    Sox are gonna have to throw in 3 more guys to make it fair.
    2.5 over/under (I made this up) on Cubs runs scored tonight. What are we taking? 
    bbiggs said:
    2.5 over/under (I made this up) on Cubs runs scored tonight. What are we taking? 
    For the record, I’m taking under. Prove me wrong Cubs. 
    I'm taking over. Why? Because I'm a fucking idiot and there is no money on it.
    Look at the bright side: only 0.5 games back after this current streak of 2018 Cubs style baseball. 
    I'm a genius!