2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    cutz said:
    Bye AD!!!!   Thanks for being a diva for 7 years.  

Lonzo Ball
    Brandon Ingram
    Josh Hart
    2019 #4
    two additional 1st round picks
    option to swap picks until 2026

bring on Zion Williamson!
    Guess they couldn't get Kuzma. 
    Word is they never wanted him and used it to extract one more pick from LA
    Well, word was during trade-deadline the Pels wanted Kuzma. I guess something changed?

Plus the Pels got this: 

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    That's outrageous. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I heard on the Canadian news that a group wants a team in Vancouver?  I do not think these folks have the money...it sounds like they want Vancouver back on the NBA radar if they expand north?  Why?  They had a team.  It did not work.  I'd like a team in Montreal.  Instant rivalry with Toronto.  However, the commish says no expansion is happening anytime soon.  
    Was it an attendance issue with the Grizzlies?  I cant remember
    I am not sure if it was bad ownership or money.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Horrible trade on the Lakers...

Why not just wait one more year and get him for free?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited June 2019
    I love how David Griffin and the Pelicans negotiated the draft picks.  Besides this year’s #4 the other two will come when Lebron is either retired or pushing 40.  
    I love how David Griffin and the Pelicans negotiated the draft picks.  Besides this year’s #4 the other two will come when Lebron is either retired or pushing 40.  
    I never understood why Gilbert and Griffin couldn't come to terms on a new contract.  He is an excellent GM. 
    mrussel1 said:
    I never understood why Gilbert and Griffin couldn't come to terms on a new contract.  He is an excellent GM. 
    Griffin wanted final say on every roster decision.  Pelicans were the team to agree to it. 
    Looks like the Pelicans want the trade done ASAP.  Could have waited a month which would have given the Lakers $9m more in cap space. 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Not sure how the Lakers are suddenly odds on favorites to win the title next year ...
    Jason P said:
    Not sure how the Lakers are suddenly odds on favorites to win the title next year ...
    I saw that too.  I think there are some assumptions in there, namely that Kawhi is not re-signing.  
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    I saw that too.  I think there are some assumptions in there, namely that Kawhi is not re-signing.  
    CBC interviewed Kawhi's HS coach, he said not to rule out Kawhi staying in Toronto.  He said "Kawhi knows the situation and does like it and he like's being comfortable, no drama first foremost.  I am not ruling out Toronto resigning him...I do not believe he ever said he would not resign??? I'm willing to see how this plays out...if not I'm sure Toronto's GM has a plan B to keep Toronto competitive.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    CBC interviewed Kawhi's HS coach, he said not to rule out Kawhi staying in Toronto.  He said "Kawhi knows the situation and does like it and he like's being comfortable, no drama first foremost.  I am not ruling out Toronto resigning him...I do not believe he ever said he would not resign??? I'm willing to see how this plays out...if not I'm sure Toronto's GM has a plan B to keep Toronto competitive.  
    I agree.  I'm saying Vegas doesn't think he is, considering Toronto is like 7th.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    I agree.  I'm saying Vegas doesn't think he is, considering Toronto is like 7th.  
    From what I read, he hates drama. That rules out the Lakers and Boston.  I think it's between the Clippers and Toronto, and Toronto can pay him more, he can fly a private jet to California to visit his family on off days, or fly them to Toronto.  I hope he stays, if he does, then this will be the Raptors Reggie White, signing with Green Bay moment, Toronto has had trouble keeping past stars, similar to Green Bay.
    Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
    ^ Ha!  Good for Canada.  Hockey is on the clock for sure now. 
    mrussel1 said:
    ^ Ha!  Good for Canada.  Hockey is on the clock for sure now. 
    Agree. #Montreal2020
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    I've mentioned before that once Kawhi gets to Toronto and sees the love that the city has for their team that he would decide to stay.

The clippers are a no nonsense team too and closer to home but he just won a championship.  You don't think Toronto does everything they can to keep him?  His teammates don't go knocking on his door trying to make him stay?

He stays.
    Yes, great deal for the Pelicans. When the Lakers are rebuilding again and have good draft position the Pelicans (I think) can take that draft spot.  I know there is language about protected/unprotected in there.  Waiting for the final analysis.
    Yes, great deal for the Pelicans. When the Lakers are rebuilding again and have good draft position the Pelicans (I think) can take that draft spot.  I know there is language about protected/unprotected in there.  Waiting for the final analysis.

2019 —#4

2021 goes to the Pelicans if its #1-8.  

If the Lakers keep 2021 then 2022 goes to the Pelicans (unprotected)

2023 —- the Pelicans can swap picks with the Lakers if the Lakers have a better pick

2024—- goes to the Pelicans (unprotected)

2025 —- the Pelicans can swap picks with the Lakers if the Lakers have a better pick

• No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126

2019 —#4

2021 goes to the Pelicans if its #1-8.  

If the Lakers keep 2021 then 2022 goes to the Pelicans (unprotected)

2023 —- the Pelicans can swap picks with the Lakers if the Lakers have a better pick

2024—- goes to the Pelicans (unprotected)

2025 —- the Pelicans can swap picks with the Lakers if the Lakers have a better pick

Those last 2 picks could be fantastic. I think the Pels have done very well, especially when you see what the Spurs got for Kawhi. Davis has average only 66 games per season in his 7 years in the NBA. If Ingram is fully fit, I think the Pels have crushed it. Yes Kuzma would have been great, but they've done well enough. 

Next moves will be to get some shooting around this lineup and also a big man (Dedmon on a 2-3 year deal?) who can defend and hit some outside shots. Brooke Lopez would be great too, but would be hard to get.
    Randle is most likely gone now, think Suns might be a good fit for him. And if Lonzo is onboard, Payton will take himself elsewhere too. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited June 2019
    Shooting at the damn Toronto Raptors parade?

WTF?!?
    So Lakers are a favorite now for the west because they added AD?

I don't see it.

Someone please explain how this makes them elite now?

LBJ and AD's game doesn't seem to mesh well.

Prove me wrong.  What am I missing?

I don't see it.

You're not missing anything.  I'm surprised as well, because of how AD's jump shot is marginal at best.  Lebron needs shooters.  AD is not a shooter so the lane will be clogged.  It's strange. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited June 2019

I don't see it.

They were 7/2 favorites after getting James last year and look what happened. Lakers have a shot to be good for the next couple years but after James breaks down again and retires they're toast for most of the next decade. Great trade for New Orleans.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

I don't see it.

Obviously they've gotten much better, but it's just the bookmakers protecting themselves because they know they are going to get bombarded with Lakers bets.  They're already a huge public team and now they just added one of the best players in the league...people eat that shit up.
    mrussel1 said:

I don't see it.

You're not missing anything.  I'm surprised as well, because of how AD's jump shot is marginal at best.  Lebron needs shooters.  AD is not a shooter so the lane will be clogged.  It's strange. 
    I've mentioned this somewhere too about the paint being too crowded.
    @The Juggler  @Indiffe"The Juggler"

Thank you.

Last thing.

Why not wait a year and get him for free?

Lakers did clear house w the trade but the later draft picks are questionable...
    mrussel1 said:

I don't see it.

Thank you.

Last thing.

Lakers did clear house w the trade but the later draft picks are questionable...
    Lebron is good at exerting pressure to win now.  I don't know that he did that, but I'm sure he does not want another wasted year. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't see it.

Thank you.

Last thing.

Lebron is good at exerting pressure to win now.  I don't know that he did that, but I'm sure he does not want another wasted year. 
    Of course Lebron demanded they do this....or something very similar to this. He doesn't care about the long term negative effects it will have. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Fake Kawhi signing autographs before the parade. :rofl:
    how dumb are these people? Kawhi is like 6'8". do you know how big a 6'8" dude in public looks and they didn't know it wasn't him?  idiots.