2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Congrats to the Raptors.  Kawhi 2 Championships, 2 Finals MVPs, 2 different teams, 2 different conferences.  No doubt the dude can ball.  Happy for Lowry.
    It's unfortunate that KD was out and Klay went down last night, but as a result this is what happens when you actually have parity in the NBA. Margins of victory in this series: 9, 5, 14, 13, 1, 4.  That's how a Finals should be, not 30 point blowouts either way.
    Agreed, and the Warriors have had their share of injury fortune.  I'm biased, but remember in 2015 the Cavs lost Love for the year in the Celtics round and Irving broke his kneecap in the finals.  I really hope Durant goes somewhere else so this era can be over and we do get back to competitive western conference and finals.  
    Andrew Bogut breaking a foot in the first minute?
    Roll player.. that's quite different than Love or Irving, an all star.  It's more akin to say... Thompson.  Bogut averaged like 5 ppg that year.  And barely made the floor this playoffs. 
    That year though he was supposed to be a pivotal role player.

I thought the Cavs sails were let out by that one.
    He definitely clogged the lane, but Love's role would have been to drag him out to the three point line so that Lebron can drive and kick.  I'm not saying it didn't make a difference.  Every injury has some unknown effect, but it's a far cry from the Cavs being without Love and Kyrie.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Congrats to the Raptors.  Kawhi 2 Championships, 2 Finals MVPs, 2 different teams, 2 different conferences.  No doubt the dude can ball.  Happy for Lowry.
    It's unfortunate that KD was out and Klay went down last night, but as a result this is what happens when you actually have parity in the NBA. Margins of victory in this series: 9, 5, 14, 13, 1, 4.  That's how a Finals should be, not 30 point blowouts either way.
    Agreed, and the Warriors have had their share of injury fortune.  I'm biased, but remember in 2015 the Cavs lost Love for the year in the Celtics round and Irving broke his kneecap in the finals.  I really hope Durant goes somewhere else so this era can be over and we do get back to competitive western conference and finals.  
    Andrew Bogut breaking a foot in the first minute?
    Roll player.. that's quite different than Love or Irving, an all star.  It's more akin to say... Thompson.  Bogut averaged like 5 ppg that year.  And barely made the floor this playoffs. 
    That year though he was supposed to be a pivotal role player.

I thought the Cavs sails were let out by that one.
    He definitely clogged the lane, but Love's role would have been to drag him out to the three point line so that Lebron can drive and kick.  I'm not saying it didn't make a difference.  Every injury has some unknown effect, but it's a far cry from the Cavs being without Love and Kyrie.  
    Fair enough.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Danny Green seems to be taking a lot of flack. Draymond fouled him about a dozen times in 2 seconds. If the game turned out differently the Raps would have a huge gripe. Not the great defense that dummies Jackson and VanGundy called it.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

Both sides should admit their error and move on if it went down like it seems.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    DewieCox said:

Yeah, they should... let's see if they do.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    DewieCox said:

Yeah, they should... let's see if they do.
    DewieCox said:

Agreed.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited June 2019
    Jason P said:
    Stupid announcer asking Kawhi about his contract on live TV at the beginning of the trophy presentation .... 
    That was Doris Burke, a very respected person in basketball and like you, I was appalled at that damn question too.  

Talk about souring the moment.
    Yeah, i agree. 
    Post edited by cutz on
    Last thing then I wait for everyone else's comments.

I am happy for Kyle Lowry.

Long time Raptor.  Good for him.
    He's the only one i'm happy for. I saw him play a lot in HS and loved watching him play back then. He went to Cardinal Dougherty which is no longer. One of those tough Philly guards.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I love how he played last night.  I've been hard on him at times,  but total respect with that effort.  Gritty and dirty. 
    The whole playoffs he has been like that.  He came around with his shooting this game though.

I'd like to know how many charges he got this series?  He took a few from Draymond that were hard.
    He committed too many fouls in the beginning of the series.  Didn't he foul out game one?  Or was that still Milwaukee?  But yes, his offense came around and he smartened up on defense.  
    Milwaukee must be sick right now.  They could have handled this Warriors team too.  
    You now what team is really sick? The 76ers!! 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    DewieCox said:

Agreed. They need to just let it go.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Never, ever have I wrecked my own property when I've gotten mad, nor someone elses for that matter.

Maintain your rage, lol!!!
    Image result for maintain your rage bad boy club
    Never, ever have I wrecked my own property when I've gotten mad, nor someone elses for that matter.

Maintain your rage, lol!!!
    Image result for maintain your rage bad boy club
    Also, you should never bet enough money that when you lose it causes this kind of break down...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Dude thought it was easy money.

EVERYONE thought it was easy money.

I didn't think the Raptors could do it unless all their ducks were in a row, which they were...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2019
    If he lost so much money, I'm surprised he felt he could afford a brand new TV as well, lol.
    (I stay away from people who act like that. I don't care how mad someone is or how justified the anger is - if their instinct is to destroy or punch a wall or break shit or anything like that, I won't have anything to do with them on any level. I don't think they're far from hurting someone out of anger if they act like that).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Dude thought it was easy money.

EVERYONE thought it was easy money.

I didn't think the Raptors could do it unless all their ducks were in a row, which they were...
    I actually was thinking there'd be a game 7...but I changed my thinking when St. Louis won 3 road game to win the cup.  My point stands..he made the bet, live with it...lol...these videos are funny...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I love how he played last night.  I've been hard on him at times,  but total respect with that effort.  Gritty and dirty. 
    The whole playoffs he has been like that.  He came around with his shooting this game though.

I'd like to know how many charges he got this series?  He took a few from Draymond that were hard.
    He committed too many fouls in the beginning of the series.  Didn't he foul out game one?  Or was that still Milwaukee?  But yes, his offense came around and he smartened up on defense.  
    Milwaukee must be sick right now.  They could have handled this Warriors team too.  
    You now what team is really sick? The 76ers!! 
    Yeah good point.  
    I heard on the Canadian news that a group wants a team in Vancouver?  I do not think these folks have the money...it sounds like they want Vancouver back on the NBA radar if they expand north?  Why?  They had a team.  It did not work.  I'd like a team in Montreal.  Instant rivalry with Toronto.  However, the commish says no expansion is happening anytime soon.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I heard on the Canadian news that a group wants a team in Vancouver?  I do not think these folks have the money...it sounds like they want Vancouver back on the NBA radar if they expand north?  Why?  They had a team.  It did not work.  I'd like a team in Montreal.  Instant rivalry with Toronto.  However, the commish says no expansion is happening anytime soon.  
    Was it an attendance issue with the Grizzlies?  I cant remember
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Anthony Davis traded to the Lakers
    I miss igotid88
    Bye AD!!!!   Thanks for being a diva for 7 years.  

Lonzo Ball
    Brandon Ingram
    Josh Hart
    2019 #4
    two additional 1st round picks
    option to swap picks until 2026

bring on Zion Williamson!
    igotid88 said:
    The crazy off season begins!

Lonzo Ball
    Brandon Ingram
    Josh Hart
    2019 #4

Guess they couldn't get Kuzma. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    igotid88 said:
    The first boom of summer..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    edited June 2019
    good haul by Pelicans

Davis a great player, maybe Kawhi in play for Lakers

id say he’d prefer Clips, and being the leader... I wouldn’t want to be near LeBron .. but Lakers are still the Lakers as dysfunctional as their present form is

WTF Knicks... what the hell is their strategy now??
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    CROJAM95 said:
    good haul by Pelicans

id say he’d prefer Clips, and being the leader... I wouldn’t want to be near LeBron .. but Lakers are still the Lakers as dysfunctional as their present form is

Durant getting hurt hurt their chances. Davis was 50/50. Kyrie is most likely going to Brooklyn
    I miss igotid88
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    CROJAM95 said:
    good haul by Pelicans

Great trade for pelicans
    cutz said:

Lonzo Ball
    Brandon Ingram
    Josh Hart
    2019 #4

Guess they couldn't get Kuzma. 
    Word is they never wanted him and used it to extract one more pick from LA
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    What’s Brandon Ingram’s injury prognosis?

Nerve stuff is scary

reports are Pels shopping 4th pick, be interesting to see what they might get for it