2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I love the "Fuck St. Louis" and the attack on how midwesterners talk. YOU ROOT FOR BOSTON!!! YOU'RE IN NO POSITION TO TALK DOWN ON ANY REGION'S WICKED AWESOME DIALECT!!
    If it's a Cardinals thing. Yeah, a lot of Cardinals fans suck. I love the Cardinals and they drive me crazy. The percentage of moronic Blues fans compared to Cardinals fans is much less. No question about it. Yes. They're from racist Missouri. Let me know what town doesn't have newly entitled and vocal racists in the last 3 years. 
    You're really coming across as a bitter homer. I'm sorry you invested $6M/year in David Backes. He represents everything that I hate about Blues fans. He would be one hell of a shitty politician. He says the right sound bites that get the bottom dwellers of society to agree with him. Oh, and he loves dogs- so they eat that shit up too. You guys were stupid to give him that money. Don't blame us though. We beat you. It's pretty simple.
    Bitter Chicago homer. :wink: I was only rooting "for Boston" (i.e. "against St. Louis") in the Finals. And yeah, their accent is definitely THE. WORST. on the planet (saaaahrry Bostonians, but it's true)!!  I would actually love to see the closed captioning on a Boston accent for some good laughs!  I really didn't want to see another Boston championship either, so this was a no-win situation for me.  The only SCF I could imagine would be worse is Kings/Penguins.  But, being a Cubs fan I know the feeling of elation when your team FINALLY wins it all.  So for that, I am happy for any Blues fans that you get that feeling today.  But just as Cardinals fans hope we never feel it again, as a Blackhawks fan I hope the Blues don't either.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

This hilarious closed captioning is about the only thing worthwhile about the Blues winning the Cup that I can muster.  Congrats but also fuck the Blues.
    What's to hate about the Blues?
    They call St. Louis home.
    Is this a Cardinals thing?  Are you a Cubs fan or something?  I know it can't be about the (former) Rams...
    Cubs and Blackhawks (and 49ers so I kinda dislike the Rams too, lol)
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Larry Robinson joins the rare 10+ Stanley Cup Championship Club.  He was my favourite defenseman growing up.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I love the "Fuck St. Louis" and the attack on how midwesterners talk. YOU ROOT FOR BOSTON!!! YOU'RE IN NO POSITION TO TALK DOWN ON ANY REGION'S WICKED AWESOME DIALECT!!
    If it's a Cardinals thing. Yeah, a lot of Cardinals fans suck. I love the Cardinals and they drive me crazy. The percentage of moronic Blues fans compared to Cardinals fans is much less. No question about it. Yes. They're from racist Missouri. Let me know what town doesn't have newly entitled and vocal racists in the last 3 years. 
    You're really coming across as a bitter homer. I'm sorry you invested $6M/year in David Backes. He represents everything that I hate about Blues fans. He would be one hell of a shitty politician. He says the right sound bites that get the bottom dwellers of society to agree with him. Oh, and he loves dogs- so they eat that shit up too. You guys were stupid to give him that money. Don't blame us though. We beat you. It's pretty simple.
    Bitter Chicago homer. :wink: I was only rooting "for Boston" (i.e. "against St. Louis") in the Finals. And yeah, their accent is definitely THE. WORST. on the planet (saaaahrry Bostonians, but it's true)!!  I would actually love to see the closed captioning on a Boston accent for some good laughs!  I really didn't want to see another Boston championship either, so this was a no-win situation for me.  The only SCF I could imagine would be worse is Kings/Penguins.  But, being a Cubs fan I know the feeling of elation when your team FINALLY wins it all.  So for that, I am happy for any Blues fans that you get that feeling today.  But just as Cardinals fans hope we never feel it again, as a Blackhawks fan I hope the Blues don't either.
    I can respect that. The Cubs and Blackhawks have been enemy #1 my entire life. In 2016 though I was ready to see all the good people in my life who are Cubs fans finally get the win. Cubs fans annoy the piss out of me (nearly as much as my own Cardinals fans) but I know there are a ton of goof ones out there. I'm in south central Illinois, so my town is pretty much 50/50 on Cubs/Cardinals or Chicago/St. Louis anything. It's a great experience though. We bust balls around town but I've heard from several of my Chicago sports fans the last 15 hours or so just happy for long suffering fans like myself. That's how I was in 2016 with the Cubs. Maybe it's more a small town mentality.  
    Sports fans can be petty...as life long Montreal fan and a close follower of the Wings...I would be cheering Toronto on in the finals...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Sports fans can be petty...as life long Montreal fan and a close follower of the Wings...I would be cheering Toronto on in the finals...
    I have a handful of teams I won't root for - Penguins, Wings, Kings, Stars, Blues. (Tho I did actually root for the Wings against the Pens those 2 years, talk about swallowing pride)!  Otherwise, I don't care who wins.  I would LOVE a Hawks/Wings Final one year now that it can happen again, though it might cause me to have another stroke.  So maybe not.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,604
    This is why I quit traveling for sports, and only travel for concerts now.  I was sick of losing and feeling like I wasted a bunch of money.  I'm rarely disappointed after a show. 

Give Peas A Chance…
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,175
    Apparently Detroit is still bitter about 2013 ALCS...get over it and focus on trying to restore your city.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    Apparently Detroit is still bitter about 2013 ALCS...get over it and focus on trying to restore your city.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,175
    Love the bullpen cop 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    Love the bullpen cop 
    A few games later.

I SAW PEARL JAM
    mrussel1 said:
    This is why I quit traveling for sports, and only travel for concerts now.  I was sick of losing and feeling like I wasted a bunch of money.  I'm rarely disappointed after a show. 
    Good point.  Binnington could afford on his salary and the raise he will receive this summer.  But I get your point.  I will go to Toronto for concerts out of my way, that's where I draw the line today...these musicians are not worth the added expense...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Poncier said:
    They have been over it...and they are restoring their city...these things take time...does not help that they had 2 of crooked mayors ever...young and Kilpatrick who is in jail...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    Good point.  Binnington could afford on his salary and the raise he will receive this summer.  But I get your point.  I will go to Toronto for concerts out of my way, that's where I draw the line today...these musicians are not worth the added expense...
    I travel for Pearl Jam (of course) and DMB.  I know I'm getting a 3 hour show.. unless a monsoon hits before a show and creates the type of flood in the parking lot that requires helicopter rescues, overtaking a good 40 cars... yes that happened in Bristow VA last year at the DMB show.  But they still came out at 945 and played 15 minutes past curfew, until 1145.  I also had tickets to PJ Raleigh in 16, but that's only a 3 hour drive for me, so no harm there when they cancelled.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I travel for Pearl Jam (of course) and DMB.  I know I'm getting a 3 hour show.. unless a monsoon hits before a show and creates the type of flood in the parking lot that requires helicopter rescues, overtaking a good 40 cars... yes that happened in Bristow VA last year at the DMB show.  But they still came out at 945 and played 15 minutes past curfew, until 1145.  I also had tickets to PJ Raleigh in 16, but that's only a 3 hour drive for me, so no harm there when they cancelled.  
    I've seen PJ in a few places as well.  They are worth the travel.  They have never disappointed me.  I've never seen DMB, but I'm also not a big fan...I will be travelling an hour a week from Friday to see Bob Seger's final home show of his career...I've never heard fo helicopter rescues in the parking lot...wow...hope all the people were fine.  At least no airlines involved in 16.

I did see U2 in Chicago at Soldier Field, other than PJ ... I mostly goto Detroit, Toronto, London, Windsor and Sarnia (they had a great festival at one time...saw Rush, Aerosmith and Def Leppard there) a town of a 100 000, I think...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Could totally see that happening in Bristow.  It rained lightly all night for The Who last month and the parking lot was a swamp.  Not even remotely near your DMB experience but good god that place suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!!
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Could totally see that happening in Bristow.  It rained lightly all night for The Who last month and the parking lot was a swamp.  Not even remotely near your DMB experience but good god that place suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!!
    It's the worst venue ever.  I mean it's fine when you're in, but the traffic, the parking, everything else is just the worst.  I like Merriweather much better, but that's really hard for those of us coming from VA.  There's no easy way there.  Getting to Columbia is a pain.  
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714
    Congrats St. Louis!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

Give Peas A Chance…
    Steen should also be listed as Swedish...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Should I hate that guy now... you know why...
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited June 2019
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/06/13/entertainment/phish-blues-gloria-trnd/index.html?r=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.phish.net%2Fforum%2Fshow%2F1378433032

Must have been a lot of fun being at this show in St. Louis last night. The Blues won the cup at the end of Phish’s 1st set, and they opened their 2nd set with “Gloria”, “Loving (Stanley) Cup”, and “Twist”. Sucks the Bruins lost though.

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/06/13/entertainment/phish-blues-gloria-trnd/index.html?r=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.phish.net%2Fforum%2Fshow%2F1378433032

Must have been a lot of fun being at this show in St. Louis last night. The Blues won the cup at the end of Phish’s 1st set, and they opened their 2nd set with “Gloria”, “Loving (Stanley) Cup”, and “Twist”. Sucks the Bruins lost though.

Loving Cup by the Stones?
    mrussel1 said:
    Should I hate that guy now... you know why...
    Just the Swedish half...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    mrussel1 said:

Loving Cup by the Stones?
    Yeah.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

I don't like Phish but that's cool of them.  I love when bands actually play something thoughtful for the home fans of whatever city they're in..
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    Game 7 was the highest rated NHL game since they started calculating it.  

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/stanley-cup-scores-big-tv-ratings-wednesday-june-12-2019-1218038

and agree not a Phish fan but that was pretty cool. Gloria into Loving Cup is a nice touch.