The Pizza Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Round 1....learned some, R2 will be better

Good news is the dough was delicious...and even mine (went first, was the jacked up looking one) tasted good.
    Wife's was second and was better, but the bottom of the crust was cooked too much
    Four year olds was the best 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Those ovens are so awesome. I might have to look into one and start making my own pies. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Beautiful backyard Brett!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thanks.  In summer it sure is nice.  In fall/winter....it sure needs summer!  ;)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    mcgruff10 said:
    1%er lifestyle.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    1%er lifestyle.
    You know you are welcome to visit, anytime

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Round 1....learned some, R2 will be better

Good news is the dough was delicious...and even mine (went first, was the jacked up looking one) tasted good.
    Wife's was second and was better, but the bottom of the crust was cooked too much
    Four year olds was the best 

Glad it worked out for ya'.  Keep at it, it only gets better.  My first couple weren't the prettiest, but even the failures are fun and tasty!  You do learn a lot after playing with it for a while.
    And yeah, sweet backyard man!
    I'm thinking pizza this weekend.  Who's with me?
    Everyone!
    Everyone!
    That's the spirit!
    Not sure specifically what kinds of pizza I will be making this weekend, but I do have a couple of potential toppings in the works.
    Duck prosciutto and fermented morels should be done and ready by the time I fire up the oven.    
    Hmmm....
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Cape Cod frozen with peppers and onions

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    #lightlunchclub?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Two plain for chilling pool side tonight! 
    ^ Mike you hands down win the award for best looking plain pies on the pizza thread.  There’s not even a close second. I really want a slice!
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Mike you hands down win the award for best looking plain pies on the pizza thread.  There’s not even a close second. I really want a slice!
    Seriously bud, if you are in nj let me know and we ll have you over.  I ll get pizza and beer from the best local places around. The pizza was so good tonight I had five freaking slices!!!
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Seriously bud, if you are in nj let me know and we ll have you over.  I ll get pizza and beer from the best local places around. The pizza was so good tonight I had five freaking slices!!!
    Deal! I’ve never been, but maybe I need to find a reason to go now. Lol. PJ playing shows in your area next tour would be a nice reason to head out! Enjoy those pies...or leftovers at least. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Looks okey?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I’m down with the artichoke, arugula, cherry & sun dried tomatoes! Not sure about the olives & definitely hold the mushrooms. Maybe a little too topping heavy but otherwise looks great! The crust is perfect.
    Looks okey?

That would be awesome minus the toppings. Not a fan of salad on my pizza.  The crust looks awesome. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    edited June 2019

The one in the back:
    Buffalo mottz, olive oil, homemade duck prosciutto, black garlic, basil sprouts.
    Front:
    Buffalo mottz, goat cheese, fermented morels, baby portobellos, leeks, garlic olive oil.

FYI: the girl rolled out the front one which is why it looks flatter and more dense.
    CROJAM95 said:

That plain looks killer!  Are you from nj?
    mca47 said:
    The one in the back:
    Buffalo mottz, olive oil, homemade duck prosciutto, black garlic, basil sprouts.
    Front:
    Buffalo mottz, goat cheese, fermented morels, baby portobellos, leeks, garlic olive oil.

FYI: the girl rolled out the front one which is why it looks flatter and more dense.
    Those look great too!   You made prosciutto?!
    mcgruff10 said:
    mca47 said:
    The one in the back:
    Front:

Those look great too!   You made prosciutto?!
    Yep, duck breast prosciutto.  It is fn crazy good.  Almost melts in your mouth.
    It's really easy.  The only hard part is waiting as it cures in the fridge.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Northport,NY

The single slice is Sweet THAI Chicken, amazing flavor

Lots of great places near me, im sure near you  in NJ...… This place, Fattuscos in Northport everything is consistently great
    CROJAM95 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Northport,NY

The single slice is Sweet THAI Chicken, amazing flavor

Lots of great places near me, im sure near you  in NJ...… This place, Fattuscos in Northport everything is consistently great
    Wow I never heard of  sweet Thai chicken pizza.  Looks delicious. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    I ate a LIDL frozen mozarella pizza today. 

Haha.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    ^sicilian looks great

ill have a middle slice!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    My Uncle's pizzeria, Posa Posa, is featured in an Ellis Island exhibit: A Slice of History, Pizza in America

In Posa Posa's case — the restaurant opened in 1984  — the immigrant story begins with Alfonso Mandara, who emigrated from Italy's Amalfi coast in November 1949 on the ship Saturnia. The pizzeria's first, and current chef, Antonio Criscuolo, immigrated to the U.S. in 1981.