Support Group for People Who Like Sucky Music and Were Unaware

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I hate that gif! Breaks my heart every damn time. So unfair to use that.
    I meant to use this one.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    That's much better! 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Dyer likes New Kids on the Block.
    My 80's were spent listening to new wave pop and hair metal.  Duran Duran, Dokken, & Cinderella ruled the roost.
    My 80's were spent listening to new wave pop and hair metal.  Duran Duran, Dokken, & Cinderella ruled the roost.
    Well that's no good. How can we make fun of that? Did you like Nelson? They had lots of hair.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Skid Row? Slaughter? Motley Crue? Saw them back in the day. I had a boyfriend who was trust fund baby, so he bought tickets to a number of shows over the few years I dated him.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Everyone thinks they have great taste in music. People will admit they don't have the greatest taste when it comes to choosing men/women, choosing jobs, choosing where they live...but music--they have great taste in music!
    deadendp said:
    Skid Row? Slaughter? Motley Crue? Saw them back in the day. I had a boyfriend who was trust fund baby, so he bought tickets to a number of shows over the few years I dated him.
    Do you know how many shows you have been to?
    deadendp said:
    Do you know how many shows you have been to?
    I do. Setlist.fm is lovely. 
    I just googled it. Very cool!
    Everyone thinks they have great taste in music. People will admit they don't have the greatest taste when it comes to choosing men/women, choosing jobs, choosing where they live...but music--they have great taste in music!
    I love "Idiot Wind," so based on the 12 (and counting) dolts who voted against it, it would appear that I belong here.

Hi, my name is Daniel, and I am unaware that I like sucky music.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Hi Daniel! And thank you, I feel better now that I'm not alone.
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    dankind said:
    I love "Idiot Wind," so based on the 12 (and counting) dolts who voted against it, it would appear that I belong here.

Dagnabbit-you fell right into their trap!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    There is no such thing as bad music.  None.  Zero, zip, nada.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Yeah, but on those polls you find out what's considered popular with your peers. Usually, I don't care about what my peers like, but I care about what music you guys like. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    dankind said:

Try being me. I love Parachutes, and really like Bugs too. I may be beyond hope.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

Try being me. I love Parachutes, and really like Bugs too. I may be beyond hope.
    Both are excellent tracks.

Trout Mask Replica is a desert island album for me.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Yeah, but on those polls you find out what's considered popular with your peers. Usually, I don't care about what my peers like, but I care about what music you guys like. 
    True.  But I will contend that music that is unpopular with ones peers- even highly unpopular by the vast majority- does not make that music "bad".  Ain't no such a thing!

I, to, am interested in what others like- and sometimes that leads me to discovering something I like as well- but like you, my tastes are mine, dependent only on what I like.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    I LOVED hair metal at one point.....Slaughter, Warrant, Saigon Kick...... Grunge saved me
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Oh come on, there has to be at least one other person on here who likes Jackyl!
    I don't mind "Dirty Little Mind" or "Down on Me". And "The Lumberjack" is the best chainsaw rock dong I know.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    SUPPORT GROUP FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE SUCKY MUSIC AND WAS UNAWARE. 
    hows about a support group for people who like sucky music but are unaware of their plural  tenses. 
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    brianlux said:
    There is no such thing as bad music.  None.  Zero, zip, nada.
    I beg to differ.  I have seen some awful avant-garde projects that try and pass as music but they are not...
    Death Grips opened for Ministry. They were absolutely terrible live. I have never listened to their studio recordings, but given how we felt about their live performance, I can't say that I would feel any different than saying that their music is bad. 
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

But where do you stand on Mophandlemama, The Fixer, Olé, & Let the Records Play?

Well that's no good. How can we make fun of that? Did you like Nelson? They had lots of hair.
    Matthew and Gunnar!  No, never got into them.  I do have some Ricky Nelson records though.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    These days I don’t take music as seriously as I once did ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    I don't mind "Dirty Little Mind" or "Down on Me". And "The Lumberjack" is the best chainsaw rock dong I know.
    Familiar with a lot of rock dongs, are you?
    Hobbes said:
    Familiar with a lot of rock dongs, are you?
    Love me some "rock dongs"...
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

But where do you stand on Mophandlemama, The Fixer, Olé, & Let the Records Play?

Bugs, yes, Fixer, yes, Records play, yes.
    Mophandle, ok.

Ole', ok.
    There's good music out there, Jose, there's always good music out there.  But I dare say there is not as much great music right now... and I guess that's OK.  I'm sure it happens.  Things go in cycles. Maybe the muse in general is resting.  But it was to come back to life.  There are young, eager, creative minds out there who could become filled with holy spirit of the muse.  But first these minds have to be set free by unplugging the devices- smart phones in particular.  Those damn machines are killing the embryos of creativity. 

Instead of marching down the street with, ummm, what are they called?  You know, smart phones, I pads, that sort of thing, why don't we go marching down the street with, umm, electric guitars, yeah!.  Something like this:

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    brianlux said:
    There's good music out there, Jose, there's always good music out there.  But I dare say there is not as much great music right now... and I guess that's OK.  I'm sure it happens.  Things go in cycles. Maybe the muse in general is resting.  But it was to come back to life.  There are young, eager, creative minds out there who could become filled with holy spirit of the muse.  But first these minds have to be set free by unplugging the devices- smart phones in particular.  Those damn machines are killing the embryos of creativity. 

Instead of marching down the street with, ummm, what are they called?  You know, smart phones, I pads, that sort of thing, why don't we go marching down the street with, umm, electric guitars, yeah!.  Something like this:

I like this I like it a lot ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....