Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
    Now, how are we going to get this thread back on track? What do you think, @Spiritual_Chaos ?
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    You guys should take this conversation to PM. This ain't no chatroom, it's the Agnes thread! (no appropriate emoji to insert due to forum neglect)
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Perhaps Todd Rundgren can help get the thread back on track
    No
    I know it's not a chatroom. I'm trying to right my wrong. I just don't have a topic in mind.
    No
    Maybe the married people could tell us lovely qualities about their spouses, since we focus on single people a lot.

No
    "lovely qualities"? Gross! Just tell us whatever you want, married people. :-)
    No
    @njnancy 
    You scared S_C off with your PM suggestion. Damn it woman. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Waiting for a friend. Beer and some food this hot-hot-hotter-than-hell day. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited June 2019
    No
    He's lying, he was really scared about the PM suggestion. He's eating strawberry ice cream in his couch. ;-)

Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
    Yes
    That was a Kiss reference - I caught that. I admit - I have Alive! and Destroyer. 

https://youtu.be/j5C0BXd59m0
    No
    You're so awesome Nancy! 
    Yes
    You're so awesome Nancy! 
    Thank you my awesome forum friend!! (insert unavailable smiley emoticon)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yes
    He's lying, he was really scared about the PM suggestion. He's eating strawberry ice cream in his couch. ;-)

In! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

In! :lol:
    Hehe..

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    njnancy said:
    That was a Kiss reference - I caught that. I admit - I have Alive! and Destroyer. 

https://youtu.be/j5C0BXd59m0
    You should throw out Destroyer and get UNMASKED instead. Protip.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yes

What is the pink stuff? Pickled onions? If so, yum.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

What is the pink stuff? Pickled onions? If so, yum.
    Yes. Should have been. Just $10.5.  AND SOME PEOPLE THOUGHT SWEDEN WAS EXPENSIVE.
    No
    Is Sweden expensive? Fuck that, I can listen to Joakim on Spotify.
    Is Sweden expensive?

"We have recently moved to Sweden from the USA. We expected food prices to be exorbitant having heard this from “the many”. It has not been the case at all. The quality of regular supermarket food is ten times higher than in the USA. Bottom shelf products which are dirt cheap - on par with cheapest food in the US - are of generally very good quality especially when compared with the at times inedible offerings from US supermarkets! Cheese and meat (etc) is a similar price and of much higher quality also. (It is a relief to not have to buy “pasture raised beef” for example and as far as I can tell all eggs are free range here and are no more expensive than caged eggs in the US.)

Coffee is so so so so so so so so much better here also and a latte is typically about the same price as in the USA. Dining out is probably similar in cost generally to the US if you are buying midrange stuff from mid range cafes. I think fast food and low quality restaurants (of which there are fewer here anyway) are more expensive - in part because their employees are paid a decent wage!

Fuel is obviously more expensive than the USA but still far cheaper than Australia and NZ (where I have also spent time and lived respectively). Rents seem to be somewhat higher than in the US as well - especially in main centres and university towns. If you are happy to live in an apartment or a short way out into the country then rent is really not too bad - perhaps $600USD per month for a fairly nice place. We pay around $900USD for a gorgeous furnished one bedroom place with stylish and modern kitchen and underfloor heating and we are 10 minutes from two large towns/small cities.

I have been very pleasantly surprised. We are spending a similar amount on food yet the quality is so much better. I would say that overall our living costs are similar to what they were in the USA. Remembering also that our healthcare and education (as needed) is essentially free and we do not have to pay exorbitant health insurance bills each month. I think the definitive answer to this question lies in how exactly you define it though… I expect travelling as a tourist may be quite different to he experience of someone living here."

No
    That doesn't sound bad at all. Especially the apartment prices they mentioned.
    edited June 2019
    You're not allowed to take whatever rent you want in Sweden, we do not have "market controlled rent" (this rule/law is about to be removed/weaken though because of right winged influence in the present government). 

So, I guess living here in Sweden is more "even" across the country than other countries where people can put whatever rent that people are willing to pay. 

Don't know what is expensive or not. I pay $500 (water costs included, but not electricity and broadband) for a 2 room apartment 60 square meter big. Pretty central here in Gothenburg.

What do you pay?

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    No
    I think people are going to mutiny if we do this again. I'll PM you tomorrow. Sound good?
    I think people are going to mutiny if we do this again. I'll PM you tomorrow. Sound good?
    You think the other people are jelous of us?
    No
    Yes, I think they're Incredible Hulk green with envy.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    You guys should take this conversation to PM. This ain't no chatroom, it's the Agnes thread! (no appropriate emoji to insert due to forum neglect)
    This ain’t no chatroom, this ain’t no disco.....
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    You ain't fooling around!!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    You ain't fooling around!!
    You don’t even know my real name
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    No
    Perspective 
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    so did he ask agnes out? what did she say?  im not going through 100+ pages to find out. 
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say