The Pizza Thread

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    If this was instagram I’d double-tap. Sausage & giardiniera sound great!
    It was buddy! It’s a rare treat for me, but man was it tasty! 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Late night pizza from a new place.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Square looks so good....
    Driving home on Saturday I ordered a large pepp for pick up at a place right next to Oki Maki, which is what our son wanted for dinner. 
    It was really good - my wife and son both ate about half of their bowls from Oki Maki and filled up on Pizza. 
    Place offered a Sicilian but I had never seen it from there and could not locate a pic online. 
    Best part was that I took the left over pieces and put 'em straight into the freezer.  Our frozen pizza supply is dangerously low.   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Hadn't made pizzas in a while.  We have not set up the pizza oven yet (will do that soon) so this is standard oven setup.
    Scratch dough and sauce, was tasty 

Can't wait to get the new setup in place and start practicing.  

• Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited April 2019
    Hadn't made pizzas in a while.  We have not set up the pizza oven yet (will do that soon) so this is standard oven setup.

I like the looks of the top one (spinach)!

Good job.

"My brain's a good brain!"
    That was Mrs FMe.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    ^ That looks excellent. A lot better than the garbage I had last night. My spot is so inconsistent. Burnt the pies. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    General Tsos Pizza

off the hook, got a personal 12’ last night, leftovers for lunch today... mmmm
    ^ wow now that is one type of pizza I’ve never seen before. Sounds interesting 
    Brooklyn Sicilian.  Delish!!

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Detroit pep

Regular cheese

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244

Get that oven going man!
    I absolutely love my Ooni Pro.  Obviously for amazing pizza, but I also make homemade naan, focaccia, fish, shellfish, chicken wings, roasted veggies, fajitas...you name it.
    That oven is worth every penny and then some.
    Dan that Detroit looks killer!!!
    ^ Wow Mike and Dan, those look sooo good! Everyone is having pizza tonight. For us, spicy sopressata, buffalo mozzarella, basil, oregano, onion, pepper and honey.  And a plain 😁 

Burnt from 3-6:00...boooo! Lol 

Nice pics!
    MCA...that oven will be set up in the next month.  Pool opens today, which really signals the summer gear for our yard - which will include grilling and pizza machine-ing!

Nice pics!
    MCA...that oven will be set up in the next month.  Pool opens today, which really signals the summer gear for our yard - which will include grilling and pizza machine-ing!

Where do you live?  My pool never "closes" here in AZ, but it's still too cold to swim.
    Hooray for pizza machine-ing!
    Let me know if you want any tips/tricks for that thing.  There is a bit of a learning curve.  Lots of good stuff can be found on YouTube as well.  
    Will do, for sure. South Jersey, a suburb of Philadelphia called Cherry Hill.
    The four year old wanted pizza.
    Made a tractor trailer inspired pizza....eastbound and down!

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Home made pizzas here tonight, too, though not vehicle-themed. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Wow Mike and Dan, those look sooo good! Everyone is having pizza tonight. For us, spicy sopressata, buffalo mozzarella, basil, oregano, onion, pepper and honey.  And a plain 😁 

Burnt from 3-6:00...boooo! Lol 

Even with the burn Those look real damn tasty.
    Excellent!
    I thought the boy did well.  I wanted to eat some, but instead had leftover turkey and some hard boiled eggs.
    Pizza would have tasted better but my month without pizza is nearly over.  
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Excellent!
    I thought the boy did well.  I wanted to eat some, but instead had leftover turkey and some hard boiled eggs.
    Month without pizza? 

You're a strange man, F Me  :lol:  
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Excellent!
    Month without pizza? 

You're a strange man, F Me  :lol:  
    May is eating well month.  
    (Among other things....I am eager for June to get here!)

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Flipping it this week. 

Detroit cheese

Regular pep

I SAW PEARL JAM
    That Detroit one looks awesome.  Those crisped edges?  Yessir.
    I am following some of the mca47 plan. 
    Pizza Bible for Neopolitan dough...made the starter yesterday...just mixed with the dough for 3 personal pies today.  Proofing until Sunday...at which time, if things line up, I will christen the Uuni Pro Pizza Oven and give it a go.  Expecting the 1st run to be tough, but am excited to make/eat it.  (And hoping it is edible.  Realize now that I should likely have made enough for 6 pies so that I could fuck up a lot, but the die is cast.)
    That Detroit one looks awesome.  Those crisped edges?  Yessir.
    I am following some of the mca47 plan. 
    Pizza Bible for Neopolitan dough...made the starter yesterday...just mixed with the dough for 3 personal pies today.  Proofing until Sunday...at which time, if things line up, I will christen the Uuni Pro Pizza Oven and give it a go.  Expecting the 1st run to be tough, but am excited to make/eat it.  (And hoping it is edible.  Realize now that I should likely have made enough for 6 pies so that I could fuck up a lot, but the die is cast.)
    Sweet man!
    A couple of tips for the first run...
    Chris Gemignani's (Pizza Bible) dough is pretty delicate.  Neapolitan doughs are more delicate than others, but his is especially.  Pull it out of the fridge 2-3 hours before you're going to make the pizzas.  It's easier to stretch at room temp.  Try to stretch it by hand if you can but don't feel bad if you need to use a roller the first couple of tries.  Stretch it and put it on a wood peel with semolina.  You can use a little flour, but too much and it'll burn in the oven.  Burnt flour is no good.  Semolina won't burn.  As your putting your toppings on, jiggle the peel to make sure the dough can still slide around.  As soon as the sauce goes on, you're on the clock because the thin dough will take on moisture from the sauce and will want to stick.  Do NOT use metal peels to launch.  Wood only.  Use metal to rotate and to pull from the oven.  Uncooked dough will stick like crazy to metal.  
    Wait till the oven surface reaches about 700-750 degrees to launch.  IR thermometers are your friend here.  The oven temp will be upwards of 900+, but the stone temp is all that matters.  I usually let it hit close to 600 then go inside to make the first pizza.  Also, I use lump coal to get it hot, then add wood right before launch. 
    I recommend using the included pizza door when you reach your temp.  Take the main door off and put the pizza door on.  Launch your pizza and you're going to want to rotate it every 15 seconds or so.  Your average pizza will take about a minute to cook so keep on rotating.  If the bottom crust looks like it's starting to cook faster than the top, you can use the hover method.  Raise the pizza with the peel towards the top of the oven where it's hottest.  The bottom won't cook but the top will.  
    Don't prep them all beforehand.  You want to make one, cook one, then make the next and cook the next...
    I keep my inside oven on 250 or so to keep the pizzas warm while I cook the rest.  
    Oh, and if there is wind, keep the back of the oven in the wind.

It sounds complicated, but its just some things i've learned over the many pies I've stuffed down my face since I've gotten that thing!  LOL
    Excellent info, thanks!
    ^ That Detroit looks damn near perfect with the burnt edges. Wish I was having pizza tonight. Salad is just as good though, right? 😩