Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    edited May 2019
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    So, went south with the "No-jokes-around-me-thank-you"-Girl. 

Didn't want to keep dating, and didn't have room for any more "friends" so when not wanting me as a "date/lover" there was no point in me at all. With felt kind of unsympathetic to say. She could have put the sentiment into "subtext" at least. These god damn millennials who haven't read a scriptwriting book by William Goldman in their life. WHAT HAPPEND WITH READING BOOKS?

All of this made me feel mentally drained. I've just been so tired. And the pounding of anxiety in my chest. IT HIT ME FROM NO WHERE LIKE A GOD DAMN TRUCK.

Never again. You hear me Norse god of love Freyja - don't you dare put that evil on me again!

But yeah, just weird. Sad that she didn't understood I liked her when she was open to it. And now her liking me is "gone" when she knows... If that is the truth, that is. What are the odds. All because of a fucking pointless joke.
    So, me and Nancy need to get a third rocking chair? We need to come up with a name for this gang! 
    I like rocking chairs and I’m really good at mixing Gin Tonic, does that get me in?
    Cucumber or Lime?
    Garnish always depends on the Gin!
    Haha. Im used to the cheap kind - with lime. never drink it though - only beer.

Then my friend past weekend forced me to buy - expensive - versions with Hendricks(?) Gin and cucumber and pepper. Tasted alot better than the "normal cheap" kind. But man, don't wanna know how much I spent on alcohol. 

Met some Americans from Utah though who was visiting who bought one of the GT:s for me. 
    I‘m really picky when it comes to alcohol but I love gin and have around 30 different ones at home. If there’s a gin festival close by, that’s where you‘d find me... 
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
    Hobbes said:
    JPPJ84 said:

Didn't want to keep dating, and didn't have room for any more "friends" so when not wanting me as a "date/lover" there was no point in me at all. With felt kind of unsympathetic to say. She could have put the sentiment into "subtext" at least. These god damn millennials who haven't read a scriptwriting book by William Goldman in their life. WHAT HAPPEND WITH READING BOOKS?

All of this made me feel mentally drained. I've just been so tired. And the pounding of anxiety in my chest. IT HIT ME FROM NO WHERE LIKE A GOD DAMN TRUCK.

Never again. You hear me Norse god of love Freyja - don't you dare put that evil on me again!

But yeah, just weird. Sad that she didn't understood I liked her when she was open to it. And now her liking me is "gone" when she knows... If that is the truth, that is. What are the odds. All because of a fucking pointless joke.
    So, me and Nancy need to get a third rocking chair? We need to come up with a name for this gang! 
    I like rocking chairs and I’m really good at mixing Gin Tonic, does that get me in?
    Say, @njnancy how big is your porch? Or shall we all just chip in for a yacht? Spiritual can afford it-- he has just won a big award.
    See the source image
    Right? The least he could do is buy us a yacht to put our rocking chairs on. I knew you would understand, Macho.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Hobbes said:
    JPPJ84 said:

Say, @njnancy how big is your porch? Or shall we all just chip in for a yacht? Spiritual can afford it-- he has just won a big award.
    See the source image
    Right? The least he could do is buy us a yacht to put our rocking chairs on. I knew you would understand, Macho.
    Me on the stage when we accepted this "major" award:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Hobbes said:
    JPPJ84 said:

See the source image
    Me on the stage when we accepted this "major" award:

=) 
    No
    ^^^You two are getting too friendly...you guys are gonna end up in the dinghy boat. :)
    Miss. Fuck-your-jokes when I told her that I do like her like she liked me and it was nice seeing eachother again:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    No

edited May 2019
    No
    njnancy said:
    SD48277 said:
    SD48277 said:
    Are you female? Between the age of consent and ~36? Breathing and have a pulse? Under 200 lbs & good hygiene?  No drug use or STDs? If so, you pass the preliminary stage of my type.  Personality test develops over time.
    What about gainfully employed, or are you okay with being a sugar daddy?
    Yeah that's a must. I can't afford myself so odds are I need a sugar mama.
    In that case, you might want to extend the age bracket a little.
    Single is fine... lol
    You also didn't include the kid ban. That might be an important thing to filter out that problem.

And you really would date an 18 year old, or 22 year old? Just curious.
    I wouldn't rule it out.
    More importantly, would you be able to keep up with a 18-22 year old?

I guess if this guy could manage it, surely you can...

Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    njnancy said:
    SD48277 said:
    SD48277 said:
    Are you female? Between the age of consent and ~36? Breathing and have a pulse? Under 200 lbs & good hygiene?  No drug use or STDs? If so, you pass the preliminary stage of my type.  Personality test develops over time.
    Single is fine... lol
    You also didn't include the kid ban. That might be an important thing to filter out that problem.

I wouldn't rule it out.

Keep up with an 18-22 yo? Ha! They'd have to keep up with me.
    No
    njnancy said:
    SD48277 said:
    SD48277 said:
    Single is fine... lol

I wouldn't rule it out.

Keep up with an 18-22 yo? Ha! They'd have to keep up with me.
    Okay, but FYI the above pic is "Before"...

This is "After"...

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    Hobbes said:
    JPPJ84 said:

See the source image

How did we wind up on a boat?

If we must be on a boat, I am the obvious choice for Captain - I don't drink. I have no quarrel with booze, it has a quarrel with me, so to the relief of all who know me I am 23 years sober. I can see how gin came into the mix, shit, I'd bring the gin if I was back in my pre sober days (and probably drink it all, screw the lime and cucumber), but we went from a porch to a boat. Is it because they don't wave?

The Swedish girl can't join our gang. We can only have so many relationship challenged people  and I don't speak Swedish. And she's too young, she's got a couple more bad relationships in her till she earns a rocking chair. @OffSheGoes35 !

Our gang will obviously be called Foxy Mop Handle Mamas. 

I don't have a porch. I didn't get to hear their voice one last time and I didn't ask if they'd hit me cause I know the answer. 

i question the boat idea....considering our obvious bad luck in the past....

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    At least me and my collegues were winners in sthlm! Now she’ll take me back!

That is wonderful! Congratulations to you and your team! Very Cool! :clap:

Is that you in the middle in the checkered shirt looking inquisitive?
    Haha. Yes. 

And this is the moment where you feel that the girl who flip-flopped on me "dodged a bullet"... 

:P
    You should stop talking like that! Not sure if you are just trying to be humble or what, but man, the way you've talked about your own looks over time gave the wrong impression!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    At least me and my collegues were winners in sthlm! Now she’ll take me back!

That is wonderful! Congratulations to you and your team! Very Cool! :clap:

Is that you in the middle in the checkered shirt looking inquisitive?
    Haha. Yes. 

And this is the moment where you feel that the girl who flip-flopped on me "dodged a bullet"... 

:P
    You should stop talking like that! Not sure if you are just trying to be humble or what, but man, the way you've talked about your own looks over time gave the wrong impression!
    I meant to comment on this. Thanks Alli!  

I agree completely. You need to stop saying you are not good looking and that is why women 'run away'. That is not true, you are successful, creative, sensitive and according tot his picture, there is no problem whatsoever with your appearance. So you can't use that anymore as an excuse in this thread!!
    edited May 2019
    So surprised by this constant pressure under my chest. Haven't felt this kind of ever-pressent anxiety in ages. 

Fell into a date yesterday with another woman. She wants to meet up again. Was pleasant but also a bit conflicting with trying to be nice and interested and chatty with the stupid anxiety and my mind being elsewhere.
    No
    So surprised by this constant pressure under my chest. Haven't felt this kind of ever-pressent anxiety in ages. 

Fell into a date yesterday with another woman. She wants to meet up again. Was pleasant but also a bit conflicting with trying to be nice and interested and chatty with the stupid anxiety and my mind being elsewhere.
    Get it all out. Get all of that off your chest. I will try to just listen, instead of trying to cheer you up/distract you. Do the 13 year old blog stuff. Okey? :)
    edited May 2019

Get it all out. Get all of that off your chest. I will try to just listen, instead of trying to cheer you up/distract you. Do the 13 year old blog stuff. Okey? :)
    Haha. Will take a walk (reaching those 10.000 steps per day) and buy a falafel for lunch. Will make things a bit better. Even with the weather being shitty today. 

And send a screenshot of the catnaming thread to agnes (who's back with her exboyfriend who lost to us in the same category at the MEGA IMPORTANT Awards-thing) :)

Life's amazing.
    No
    That works too. Happy Fredagsmys!
    No
    You beat the exboyfriend for the MEGA GODLIKE award?
    *Mega Applause* You must feel like Godzilla right now.
    No
    njnancy said:
    Hobbes said:
    JPPJ84 said:

See the source image

How did we wind up on a boat?

If we must be on a boat, I am the obvious choice for Captain - I don't drink. I have no quarrel with booze, it has a quarrel with me, so to the relief of all who know me I am 23 years sober. I can see how gin came into the mix, shit, I'd bring the gin if I was back in my pre sober days (and probably drink it all, screw the lime and cucumber), but we went from a porch to a boat. Is it because they don't wave?

The Swedish girl can't join our gang. We can only have so many relationship challenged people  and I don't speak Swedish. And she's too young, she's got a couple more bad relationships in her till she earns a rocking chair. @OffSheGoes35 !

Our gang will obviously be called Foxy Mop Handle Mamas. 

I don't have a porch. I didn't get to hear their voice one last time and I didn't ask if they'd hit me cause I know the answer. 

i question the boat idea....considering our obvious bad luck in the past....

Rule #1: All rocking chairs must be earned.
    Rule #2: No boats.
    And I have a feeling men aren't into joining this gang...
    Rule #3: This is Ladies Night ...and Ladies Morning...and Ladies Afternoon.

Love the gif nancy, you're definitely in charge of gifs! :smiley:

No
    Pssst, this is where the men are supposed to say, "Au contraire, I've always wanted to be an honorary spinster, don't make us launch a riot in this bitch!"
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Pssst, this is where the men are supposed to say, "Au contraire, I've always wanted to be an honorary spinster, don't make us launch a riot in this bitch!"
    See the source image
    No

No
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image
    Fine then, YOU tell me your business! :smiley:
    Yes
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image

No
    Stephen Colbert. :heart::heart::heart:
    No
    Nancy, is it possible that we are the only ones who have given up all hope of finding romantic love? Good god people are optimistic! I thought Dyer would hang in there with us, but now he is out looking for millennials.
    Ive completely given up. Went out drinking with my anxioty. 
    No
    Ive completely given up. Went out drinking with my anxioty. 
    Welcome, my friend! :hug: Shall we post songs about drinking? Or do you want to talk about the anxiety?
    edited May 2019
    No
    Or shall we play the shit out of some Guns N' Roses? Or Metallica?
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
    No
    Whatever you do, DON'T drunk dial/text/messenger that girl!