• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    ed243421 said:

No Aaron Hernandez?
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    So many hurt feelings. 

You hate to see it.  :D
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mrussel1 said:
    I am ok now that SJ is out.  Not sure who I will root for...childhood team (Bs) who share a nickname w/my most hated rival (fUCLA) and have a few of the world's larger d-bags on their team...or a team that has kicked me in the balls, big-time, as a Kings fan in the past.

Need to think on it some....I do very much appreciate STL putting the asswipe Sharks and their so called 'great defense' out so I am leaning toward them. 
    Hoping we see 7 games, just as I hope whenever it is not involving my favorite team.  Game 7 is awesome, hope we get one.
    With the exception of Marchand, (obvi) who else do you dislike on the Bs?
    Marchand is enough.  He's the worst.  Claude Lemieux-like, but a pussy.  
    He carried my fantasy team this year so I'll give him a pass, but Binnington carried me on the goalie side post December. Go Blues!
    It's a hopeless situation...
    And Marchand on the mountain rather than Bourque?  That's an out and out miscarriage of justice.  Figures Boston ignores their classiest player ever.  
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I like Marchand.... but the licking thing is below him and playing sports in general.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    MayDay10 said:
    I like Marchand.... but the licking thing is below him and playing sports in general.
    I'm a longtime fan (70/71) of the BRUINS and I like Marchand play on the ice in general. However the licking thing has got to go, if another player did that to me when I played I'd punch him haard enough to knock out a tooth or two. I hope he's stopped doing that crap. That said........

GO BRUINS!  

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    mrussel1 said:
    And Marchand on the mountain rather than Bourque?  That's an out and out miscarriage of justice.  Figures Boston ignores their classiest player ever.  
    Its funny to see you and others take the photo seriously,
    A: Considering the source
    2: Anthony Davis as the Celtics representative.

This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

I was trying to figure out who that was, but now I see.  Half joke, half not?  I'd like to see Steve Grogan up there.  
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

g under p said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I'm a longtime fan (70/71) of the BRUINS and I like Marchand play on the ice in general. However the licking thing has got to go, if another player did that to me when I played I'd punch him haard enough to knock out a tooth or two. I hope he's stopped doing that crap. That said........

GO BRUINS!  

Peace

The sucker punch against COL was bs, as was the licking stuff.... but neither of those things bother me as much as the move that got him suspended last: the elbow that concussed Johansson when he was with NJD. That's the shit I really can't excuse. Thankfully, he seems to have got away from the dangerous moves... the rest of his stuff is classic pest / rat nonsense (except the licking, which I think Chara & the rest put a stop to, they weren't too keen on that either).

He's embraced his role as the most hated guy in the league; not only that, he thrives off of it, and become one of the more dynamic players in the league (100 points this year, are you kidding me?). He's also become one hell of a leader in that locker room.

On the ice, when him & Bergeron are clicking, they're one of the greatest pairings in the NHL. If their line gets going, St. Louis is in trouble.

pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Marchand, like Lemieux, are players other players hate playing against but love having as teammates...

Who'll ever forget "the rat" Ken Linseman?
    marchand is a gutless turd.  hit's people when they are not looking then skates away. 
    Did I say he wasn't?  He is far from the only player in the league that takes cheap shots.  And someone from Philadelphia criticizing dirty play from a player, that is funny...no team was as dirty as the flyers in the '70s...LMFAO.

Well until Montreal took them to task and schooled them...
    typical boston fan.  but but but everyone cheats not just the pats.  
    I could be mistaken, but pretty sure Meltdown99 isn't a Boston fan. (his prediction of Blues in 6 might be a giveaway)
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

Right?
    What was the source?
    mrussel1 said:
    What was the source?
    ed243421
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Marchand, like Lemieux, are players other players hate playing against but love having as teammates...

Who'll ever forget "the rat" Ken Linseman?
    marchand is a gutless turd.  hit's people when they are not looking then skates away. 
    Did I say he wasn't?  He is far from the only player in the league that takes cheap shots.  And someone from Philadelphia criticizing dirty play from a player, that is funny...no team was as dirty as the flyers in the '70s...LMFAO.

Well until Montreal took them to task and schooled them...
    typical boston fan.  but but but everyone cheats not just the pats.  
    I could be mistaken, but pretty sure Meltdown99 isn't a Boston fan. (his prediction of Blues in 6 might be a giveaway)
    Not a Boston fan in the least grew up a Habs fan and follow the wings due to proximity.

Marchand is immature, but if Boston does not want him send him to the Habs..
    Give Peas A Chance…
    The Blues coaches have more career penalty minutes than the entire Blues roster combined
    https://www.bardown.com/the-blues-coaches-have-more-career-penalty-minutes-than-the-entire-blues-roster-combined-1.1309872?fbclid=IwAR2fHGeDN8NSJYss_TYPsHFFPvoX5nELuGOFEIuazKXLTYRbY4X1ndHRdKw

it is easy to see...look who their coaches are.  Berube has to be the coach of the year...
    Give Peas A Chance…
      Berube has to be the coach of the year...
    Cooper will win, regular season award.
    Poncier said:
      Berube has to be the coach of the year...
    Cooper will win, regular season award.
    Berube took over the last place team and got them to the playoffs...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    And Cooper's team had a regular season for the ages.
    Poncier said:
    And Cooper's team had a regular season for the ages.
    Loss of Hedman and Stralman was a killer.  No help going four lines deep on offense if you can't go 2 lines on defense.  
    edited May 2019
    Oddly, only 2 coaches of the years have won the President's Trophy, and both times a coach has won 60 (with an asterisk), Scotty Bowman, they were the coach of the year...so something gives this year.  And no Cooper did not have a year for the age.  To paraphrase Larry Robinson when Detroit broke Montreal's record for wins with 62 means nothing without the winning The Stanley Cup...those are my feelings towards Tampa...whoop...you were on the golf course a week later than the non-playoff teams.

The asterisks are for Cooper.  Bowman accomplished his without the aid of OT in the '70s.  And those Montreal teams were the best ever assembled...
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
    And maybe it's time that the playoffs counted toward these awards...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I think St Louis' job was a bigger feat.  Tampa Bay had/has a stacked team, and honestly, their success surprised nobody

St. Louis was a tire fire.  They even had that real ugly fight in practice that hit the internet.  Then they came on strong to come from last in the NHL to 1 point out of 1st place in their Division in a few months.  Tampa and St. Louis' records after New Year's are nearly identical.

This is what it's all about...starts Monday.  Go Blues.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    It takes so much out of the players to win that Cup. It seems impossible to speak spoken words once they know they've won it. I hope that will be the case for the BRUINS with 4 more wins.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This is the best tournament in sports.... I didn’t mind a few extra days to savor the moment. 

LFG Bruins. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Go Blues 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Not sure what changed for the Blues after the first period. They were exiting their zone easily and getting pucks deep. After that, they tried way too many stretch passes that lead to turnovers. We couldn’t get the puck into the offensive zone for any pressure or shots. Stupid, horrible penalties. I have faith that Berube will light a fire in them. That won’t be the Blues for the majority of this series. Well, I freaking hope not.