Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    ed243421 said:
    “Honestly, until this exact second, I thought you were a Build-a-Bear.” —Tony Stark to Rocket
    That and Stark calling Fat Thor "Lebowski".
    A bit too obvious with how they dressed Thor. Everyone had already made that connection when the joke came. Not one of the strongest Stark quips.

You've obviously never attended a movie with my wife. ;)

And it was funny cause Stark vocalized what we were all thinking. Reminiscent of him calling Thor "Point Break" in the first Avengers.
    But admit that the clever use of "Point Break" surprised you a tad more. 
    The Lebowski bit was funnier.
    I also found it to be funny.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Well, what can I say people. Some people want to be surprised and some want the obvious.

I found Point Break to be better/funnier/more clever.

I found both funny.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    We are dumb Americans.
    Not our fault.
    I blame Grand Wizard Trump
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    After my 4th viewing I find that “You look like melted ice cream.” From Rocket to Thor still makes me laugh the hardest. 
    RiotZact said:
    After my 4th viewing I find that “You look like melted ice cream.” From Rocket to Thor still makes me laugh the hardest. 
    Haha!

maybe I should go watch it again. Never go to the cinema twice.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    We are dumb Americans.
    Not our fault.
    I blame Grand Wizard Trump
    Has Stark called Thor any more things in the movies?
    I laughed out loud in the beginning when Clint's brats are getting hot dogs.
    Mom:  "Mayo or Mustard?"
    Brat:  "How about ketchup?"

Typical kid response.
    I didn't get that joke.. in Sweden everyone eats with ketchup, and maybe 75% eat with ketchup and mustard. No one eats with mayo.

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    I think ketchup on a hotdog is sinful, but many do it. Mayo is pretty unheard of I would say, hence his daughter saying “Who puts ketchup on a hotdog?”
    I think the joke was more about what a bunch of insufferable little jackholes kids can be.  We, as parents, love them...but when you offer the two choices that you have...and they ask about a 3rd (unavailable) option, it is funny/constant/grating.

I am guessing those w/o kids may have laughed at the 'ketchup on a dog should be illegal' thing (which I agree with) but to me, it was a funny family moment that shows how those little buggers can drive us nuts, but the sort of nuts we would miss if they were to vanish.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    RiotZact said:
    Ahhhhh!  I forgot that one!  Yes!!!!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    I didn't get that joke.. in Sweden everyone eats with ketchup, and maybe 75% eat with ketchup and mustard. No one eats with mayo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JIpT4GkyM
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    I only ever eat hot dogs at IKEA. So ketchup, mustard and a truckload of onion and pickled cucumbers it is 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited May 2019

Avengers Marvel Legends Series Endgame Power Gauntlet Articulated Electronic Fist

https://amzn.to/2Vx1ORO

Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    It may break the box office, but it only spent 3 weeks at #1 until being murdered by Johnathon Wick.  It's not a lot of money if you can't spend it ...
    Is anybody interested in the Phoenix story?
    I doubt that.
    I doubt that.
    Wow you suck.  I love the x men movies.  The Phoenix story is a great story line too.

Oh well, I'll nerd out and enjoy it then.

I did not see the last wolverine movie though, not sure how that fared in the public eye.
    I doubt that.
    Wow you suck.  I love the x men movies.  The Phoenix story is a great story line too.

I did not see the last wolverine movie though, not sure how that fared in the public eye.
    Yeah . "I suck" for making a valid point in regards to that film:

https://screenrant.com/dark-phoenix-box-office-opening-weekend-projections/

And loving the X-men movies and being all ready to nerd out, not even knowing about the success of Logan?

Take a step back son, and please don't tell me I suck again. Thank you.

Haha.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    I doubt that.

last wolverine movie was really good, IMO.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    I doubt that.

Yeah . "I suck" for making a valid point in regards to that film:

https://screenrant.com/dark-phoenix-box-office-opening-weekend-projections/

And loving the X-men movies and being all ready to nerd out, not even knowing about the success of Logan?

Take a step back son, and please don't tell me I suck again. Thank you.

Haha.
    You can nerd out and not see all of the movies, things happen and you will suck no matter what, so there.
     B) 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I thought this was a pretty spot-on review in Paste of Endgame:

"Where does one begin? When it comes to Avengers: Endgame, that question is not so much an expression of wanton enthusiasm as a practical challenge in evaluating the destination toward which Kevin Feige and company have been steering story and viewer alike for the past 11 years and 21 films. Though there have been plenty of three-hour-plus movies and even a few 20+ entry movie franchises, there’s really nothing to compare with what Disney and Marvel Studios have pulled off, either in terms of size, quality and consistency of cast (a moment of silence for Edward Norton and Terrence Howard), or in how narrow the chronological window, all things considered, those movies were produced. Though we’ve praised it often, casting remains the cornerstone of the MCU. Whether by pitch-perfect distillations of decades-old comic book characters (Captain American, Thor, Spider-Man) or charisma-fueled reinventions of same (Iron Man, Ant-Man, Star-Lord), the MCU’s batting average in terms of casting is not only practically obscene, it’s a crucial ingredient in ensuring the thematic and emotional payoff (and box office payday) of Endgame. Moviegoers have been living with these actors, as these characters, for over a decade. For many, this version of these characters is the only one they know. This is why the sudden ashification of so many heroes at the end of Infinity War hit even the most cynical comic book veterans right in the feels and left less hardened viewers confused and distraught. It’s also why, as Avengers: Endgame opens (after another swift kick to the stomach just in case we’ve forgotten the toll of that snap), the audience cares about not just what the surviving heroes are going to do, but how they are doing in general. It gives the film an emotional resonance that’s unusual not only in pulpier genre offerings but in films in general. This connection makes the quiet moments as valuable to the viewer as the spectacle, and for all the fireworks in the third act, Avengers: Endgame is very much a film of quiet moments and small yet potent emotional payoffs. Comic book fans know the thrill of following all your favorite characters through a multi-issue storyline that culminates in a “universe at stake” ending. Now, thanks to 21 movies in 11 years and one massive, satisfying three-hour finale, moviegoers do, too."
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)

You'd have thought Gene would know the movie was titled Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park and not Kiss - Attack of the Phantom.
    Poncier said:
    You'd have thought Gene would know the movie was titled Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park and not Kiss - Attack of the Phantom.

Attack of the Phantoms is another name for it and a different cut of the film released in cinemas in Europe, with music from the solo albums included on the soundtrack. 
    Yet Gene and Stan were both in the US.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Big news from SDCC

New Dr. Strange movie will be the first MCU horror film.
    New Blade movie starring Mahershala Ali. Perfect casting.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    X-Men
    I miss igotid88
    Natalie Portman female Thor
    I miss igotid88
    Poncier said:
    Yet Gene and Stan were both in the US.
    Yet, Gene might have thought the theatrical released version packed more punch in his pitch than the version shown on TV.

Point being, the film did also go by that name.