2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Wonder if that changes Davis' mindset at all.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:

Bring on t.he Greek Freak! Care to make a friendly wager Alex?
    Are you sure Shannon??..i don't want to rob you..hahaha
    The only robbing will be Kawhi stealing the ball from Giannis lol
    How about a $10 gift card for 10C store?
    As you wish..on who will win the series, right??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Zion looks thrilled to play in New Orleans
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited May 2019
    Draft was insane

If AD still wants out the Pelicans have crazy leverage.  They could end up with #3 from NY or #4 from LA
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Draft was insane

If AD still wants out the Pelicans have crazy leverage.  They could end up with #3 from NY or #4 from LA
    Think they could get a better deal from the Celtics?
    CROJAM95 said:
    Zion looks thrilled to play in New Orleans

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

He’s either joining the duo that swept Portland last year or joining Jrue and a bunch of young talent.   How are the Knicks a better spot? :lol:
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    23scidoo said:
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:

Correct! Its time now to get this series going. Go Raptors!!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    CP3 didn't want to stay in NOLA.
    AD doesn't want to stay in NOLA.

There is a reason that Zion was whisked out of the draft ceremony so quick.  He doesn't want to play in NOLA.

Not sure why no one likes it there?

So My Knicks predictions last night were as follows:

1-Knicks will not get #1 pick
    2-AD is not coming to KNicks
    3-Kyrie is not coming to Knicks
    4-Kawhi is not going to Knicks

So far I got one right.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

There is a reason that Zion was whisked out of the draft ceremony so quick.  He doesn't want to play in NOLA.

So far I got one right.
    Not exactly going out on a limb, are you?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I wonder how much that will cost Zion in endorsements over his career by not going to NYC?  $20M?

So far I got one right.
    Not exactly going out on a limb, are you?
    Like Paul Pierce, it's the truth...
    Pelicans also gained a ton of leverage in trade value for AD.  I still think you need to trade someone who quit on you but the fact that they can project he might come back will maximize the value. Might strike a good deal from NYC as they may panic and sell the farm. 
    cutz said:
    Draft was insane

Think they could get a better deal from the Celtics?
    Celtics have young players who already have some seasoning and next year's Memphis first rounder to offer(top 6 protected, becomes unprotected in 2021).
    So question would be would N'awlins prefer #3 or #4 this year or a couple of established players like Brown and/or Tatum (plus probably Al Horford to make salaries match, and he would be on an expiring contract, a valuable commodity at a 30 million salary slot).
    They say this is basically a 3 player draft, so Lakers aren't exactly sitting pretty at 4. They do have some young players, but Pelicans turned down a package of essentially all of them at deadline. Does adding #4 to that group tip the scale?

Would they take #3 from NYK and have picks 1 and 3? Knicks would still have to sweeten that deal and they don't have a lot of sugar in the cupboard.

And the wild card of course would be does AD change his mind now that he'll have Zion alongside him.

Its a wide open scenario at this point.

Jason P said:
    Pelicans also gained a ton of leverage in trade value for AD.  I still think you need to trade someone who quit on you but the fact that they can project he might come back will maximize the value. Might strike a good deal from NYC as they may panic and sell the farm. 
    Knicks would be signing him up for only 2 years.  If Davis doesn't like it there either then it would put them further into a tailspin.

The Knicks have regained dumpster fire status.
    Jason P said:

To be fair, they never lost it. 
    Poncier said:
    Jason P said:

To be fair, they never lost it. 
    If you listen to the average delusional Knicks fan they were on top of the world until draft time, lol!

14% people... 14%.

You should have heard the grandiose possibilities the sports talk radio people were throwing out there.
    It could be that AD is this generations Dwight Howard.  A great player that somehow makes your team worse.  Considering Boogie couldn’t push them over the edge I’m not sure how Zion would.  Hard to tell since Pelicans games are never televised.  That might be the main reason no one wants to play for them.  

I think they they try to get the 2 or 3 pick in a trade. 
    So votes for the biggest dumpster fire!

Lakers or Knicks?  I actually have them in a tie right now.  The knicks won't fail me though and soon take back that #1 spot.
    Jason P said:
    It could be that AD is this generations Dwight Howard.  A great player that somehow makes your team worse.  Considering Boogie couldn’t push them over the edge I’m not sure how Zion would.  Hard to tell since Pelicans games are never televised.  That might be the main reason no one wants to play for them.  

Good take.

I like that thinking.
    Jason P said:

I don't think Memphis is trading the #2 pick.
    Poncier said:
    Jason P said:

I don't think Memphis is trading the #2 pick.
    Agreed.  They'll keep that and Knicks will try and get rid of 3 for AD.

Lakers or Knicks?  I actually have them in a tie right now.  The knicks won't fail me though and soon take back that #1 spot.
    Unfortunately for you, Dolan is the dumpster wildcard that will keep NYC the keepers of the fire.  Lakers have had a bad year but Dolan has been making idiotic decisions for the last decade and I don’t see that trend changing.  Worst case is that NYC trades the farm for AD and give him a supermax and then his leg explodes and he and Bobby Bonilla end up sharing a flat and cash checks for the next decade. 
    Jason P said:

Unfortunately for you, Dolan is the dumpster wildcard that will keep NYC the keepers of the fire.  Lakers have had a bad year but Dolan has been making idiotic decisions for the last decade and I don’t see that trend changing.  Worst case is that NYC trades the farm for AD and give him a supermax and then his leg explodes and he and Bobby Bonilla end up sharing a flat and cash checks for the next decade. 
    I'm a Lakers fan and have been watching that crap unfold for years...
    Jason P said:

I'm a Lakers fan and have been watching that crap unfold for years...
    Good news for you!  At least Lebron can be cut loose if he continues to have his ego expand at the same rate his physical skills decrease 
    NOLA’s finally in good shape.  Got the best GM on the market. The best medical staff. And the 1st pick. 

Whether AD stays or goes we’re going to have a lot of talent.  Id be happy taking #3 from the Knicks and turning into the next Great young team
    NOLA’s finally in good shape.  Got the best GM on the market. The best medical staff. And the 1st pick. 

Whether AD stays or goes we’re going to have a lot of talent.  Id be happy taking #3 from the Knicks and turning into the next Great young team
    Apparently you've been drinking the same delusional water the Knicks have.

Apparently you've been drinking the same delusional water the Knicks have.
    Lol  Pels hold all the cards.  Lakers, Knicks, and Celtics will battle it out with offers.   

Im looking forward to preordering my Zion jersey :D
    If Zion hasn’t hired an agent, he technically can return to Duke next year.  It would be super dumb but he could if he wanted to.  

If if it did happen the NBA would need to strip New Orleans of the franchise and give it to Seattle 
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:

Correct! Its time now to get this series going. Go Raptors!!!
    All in!!..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.