Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Poncier said:

Straight cash homey.

Thought it was great. Have one question that has nothing to do with plot, but asking it will give away a huge plot point so I'll wait.

You make me curious now. Is it about the teenager at the end?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    igotid88 said:
    $350 million domestic $1 billion globally this week
    The VS of blockbusters.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Poncier said:

Straight cash homey.

Thought it was great. Have one question that has nothing to do with plot, but asking it will give away a huge plot point so I'll wait.

Yes
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited April 2019
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Straight cash homey.

Yes
    Yea I thought the same too. But I found out who it was. 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    edited April 2019
    It’s really no spoiler he‘s in it. IMDB listed him among the actors 
    JPPJ84 said:
    He looked a tad older though and wasn't obvious who he was.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Poncier said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    He looked a tad older though and wasn't obvious who he was.
    Well yeah, it’s been almost ten years ;-)
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited April 2019
    At Stark's house near the end of the movie, they start panning everyone in the crowd. Who is the young guy standing solo near the back? He was the only person I didn't recognize.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    At Stark's house near the end of the movie, they start panning everyone in the crowd. Who is the young guy standing solo near the back? He was the only person I didn't recognize.
    That's what we've been talking about without directly mentioning it the last few posts.
    He was the kid from Iron Man 3.
    JK_Livin said:
    Poncier said:
    JK_Livin said:
    That's what we've been talking about without directly mentioning it the last few posts.
    And he should/could have been Tony Starks pseudo-son/padawan instead of the hamfisted relationship with Spider-Man they forced on us just because they wanted Iron Man to help sell tickets to Homecoming.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Don’t you nerds have something better to invest your time in like Star Wars or video games????  Frick’n Game of Thrones?  Helloooo

Jason P said:
    Don’t you nerds have something better to invest your time in like Star Wars or video games????  Frick’n Game of Thrones?  Helloooo

Wob, is that you?
    Poncier said:
    JK_Livin said:
    That's funny. I guess i just read past posts until the bottom of the page not to the end of the thread. Whoops! and thanks
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Rewatched Infinity War... what is the point of having Banner have going-Hulk problems in the film?
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Rewatched Infinity War... what is the point of having Banner have going-Hulk problems in the film?
    The Russo brothers said that it was because they wanted to find a way to develop Banner's character after he was Hulk for such a big part of Thor: Ragnarok. Banner usually uses Hulk to get him out of trouble and they wanted to see what they could do with Banner if Hulk was tired of saving his ass.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    The Russo brothers said that it was because they wanted to find a way to develop Banner's character after he was Hulk for such a big part of Thor: Ragnarok. Banner usually uses Hulk to get him out of trouble and they wanted to see what they could do with Banner if Hulk was tired of saving his ass.
    Thought it was as simple as that. After Hulk coming into "his own" in Ragnarök, they should have just kept him like that. I don't think this worked out as good as I bet they feel it did. 
    edited May 2019
    New Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer is out (includes Endgame spoilers if you haven't seen it yet!)

https://youtu.be/LFoz8ZJWmPs 

"Bitch please! You've been to space!" :lol:

(Tim Rogers)
    edited May 2019
    goldrush said:
    New Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer is out (includes Endgame spoilers if you haven't seen it yet!)

https://youtu.be/LFoz8ZJWmPs 

"Bitch please! You've been to space!" :lol:
    Lets keep on doing everything wrong with Spider-man:

- keeping on the hamfisted relationship with Tony Stark. 
    - Give him a mechanical deus-ex suit just like Iron Man, instead of having him have wits and his home-sawn suit.
    - Let him tell everyone he's Spider-man or let everyone figure it out because they are to lazy to make him try to keep it hidden which is a BIG part of the character. 

Trash-MCU-Spider-Man (but Mystereo looks pretty cool. Not fat like Sam Raimis but oh well)
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Can we discuss Endgame now?  It's been a few weeks.

I'm ready!

I'm ready!
    Absolutely. Let’s do this!

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

I'm ready!
    Absolutely. Let’s do this!
    TY  I'll start!
    SPOILERS!!!!  DON"T READ ANY FURTHER!!!!!

OK so I loved how they made this happen.  Very different from the comic.  I did like at the end where the whole Marvel universe joined together again in defeating Thanos.  That was awesome.  The face off reminded me of a comic pic.

1-I didn't like that Iron man could figure out how to make a glove to hold the stones.
    2-Didn't like that he didn't die instantly in trying the snap.
    3-In the comics the gems and their power is only meant for "godlike" people in order to posses, Banner and Stark weren't worthy of them but oh well.
    4-It's five years later so why is Parker back in high school?
    5- Thanos time traveling?
    6-Stark stealing the gems?
    7-Captain America can hold Thor's hammer? I get it but...

What I loved.

The whole story line as a whole.  The time continuum thing was great.  Thor and his Mom scene was great.  Battle scenes were great. Opening Thanos scene was great.   Fat Thor was great.

My few complaints are minor in how well this movie was made.

I did like that Nebula was a gateway and Thanos figured out how to time travel but had a problem that his whole crew did too.

Very, very well written.  It was anti-climatic because two 14 year olds felt the need to yell out that "Stark Dies!" fifteen minutes into the movie while exiting.  I seriously wanted to go throw my nachos at them...  But the movie was great.  Thought Infinity War was better but this was a close number 2.

Seeing Strange return was a great highlight for me.  That was a truly great scene.

Thoughts?

Do it. 

But please not just a bunch of gushing. 

This plus the fact that the upcoming Spidey Far From Home looks like he's on a High School trip did bother me a bit. If you told me that Far From Home is to be set back 4 years ago after they reversed the snap but before Endgame I'd probably be OK with it, but from trailers clearly Far From Home takes place after End Game.
    edited May 2019
    I think that all shenanigans like that should have been reverted back at the end of End Game. i don't have a problem with stuff happening affecting the future films ofc, but you also wanna follow the drama of it all and not think "oh, so this is a parallell universe I'm watching from Iron Man 4 and forward" or "Oh, so she's just a clone that replaced the original in Avengers 5".

That are limits on how much they should stretch that rubberband.

They should have gone back to the end of the Infinity War and have some character tell Thor to "aim for the head" and then end Endgame where Infinity War ended but with the snap never happening. Or something.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Poncier said:

This plus the fact that the upcoming Spidey Far From Home looks like he's on a High School trip did bother me a bit. If you told me that Far From Home is to be set back 4 years ago after they reversed the snap but before Endgame I'd probably be OK with it, but from trailers clearly Far From Home takes place after End Game.
    None of the people that got snapped aged. So 16 when he vanished, and 16 when he came back. So he is still a junior in High school.  Just like some of his friends that dies and came back. And some of his other Friends have graduated. They said some of this fallout will be explored in future movies. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Loved it. It didn't feel like a 3hr movie to me. I didn't pick up on the HS thing. Maybe he's a slacker?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Poncier said:

None of the people that got snapped aged. So 16 when he vanished, and 16 when he came back. So he is still a junior in High school.  Just like some of his friends that dies and came back. And some of his other Friends have graduated. They said some of this fallout will be explored in future movies. 
    Well that's kind of ridiculous. We'll see how they explain it.
    I think that all shenanigans like that should have been reverted back at the end of End Game. i don't have a problem with stuff happening affecting the future films ofc, but you also wanna follow the drama of it all and not think "oh, so this is a parallell universe I'm watching from Iron Man 4 and forward" or "Oh, so she's just a clone that replaced the original in Avengers 5".

That are limits on how much they should stretch that rubberband.

They should have gone back to the end of the Infinity War and have some character tell Thor to "aim for the head" and then end Endgame where Infinity War ended but with the snap never happening. Or something.
    I wouldn't have minded that ending you propose either.  Would have been too easy of an ending though but would have been cool.
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Well that's kind of ridiculous. We'll see how they explain it.
    That’s how the Russo brothers have explained it. I guess it will mean that Far From Hone is set in 2023, and Marvel don’t have the best record when it comes to marching up timelines so we’ll see how that goes

(Tim Rogers)