The Headstones

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    headstones in the studio again for an anticipated fall 2019 release. man, can you imagine if PJ had this kind of turnaround for studio work? it's insane. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

new song this friday: a cover of Gordon Lightfoots "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald". they have occasionally covered this live in various tags during songs, I don't know if ever in full. But this will be a studio version, as Hugh tells me, "just for the fans" (i.e: not being sent to radio as a single). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Not part of a new album either?
    don't think so. new album in september
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Headstones, Pursuit of Happiness, Trews, Tom Cochrane, and 3 surviving members of the Tragically Hip playing Canada's oldest (now closed) penitentiary, Kingston Pen, to benefit United Way. 

Rockin' The Big House

rockinthebighouse.com
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Headstones, Pursuit of Happiness, Trews, Tom Cochrane, and 3 surviving members of the Tragically Hip playing Canada's oldest (now closed) penitentiary, Kingston Pen, to benefit United Way. 

Rockin' The Big House

rockinthebighouse.com
    Do you know what the Hip members would be doing exactly? Playing with the other bands listed? Or doing something on their own?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    not sure. maybe Tom Cochrane's backing band?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2019
    maybe they won't be doing anything except making an appearance, hard to say. Paul Langlois's wife is the organizer. or maybe each individual will make appearances with different bands. sounds super interesting though. I'd love it if I lived closer to Kingston. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Hey @HughFreakingDillon
    did you hear the headstones are playing with the Trews in Kingston at the old penitentiary?
    thats epic (and I don’t normally use the word epic)
    im going 
    Hey @HughFreakingDillon
    did you hear the headstones are playing with the Trews in Kingston at the old penitentiary?
    thats epic (and I don’t normally use the word epic)
    im going 
    haha, yeah, the last 4 posts were about it. enjoy the show!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Ohh hahaha I didn’t read those. Just got excited about this and posted quick. I heard only 2500 people get in.
    This will be right up there with seeing I Mother Earth at the big underground bomb shelter bunker in Carp Ontario.
    FUCK southern ontario gets the best shows. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Man, you got to make a road trip for this one. The prison alone is cool. Add the Trews and members of the hip, plus food trucks and beer 
    oh and Tommy C too
    Man, you got to make a road trip for this one. The prison alone is cool. Add the Trews and members of the hip, plus food trucks and beer 
    oh and Tommy C too
    I know. it's tempting. But a 24 hour drive each way. even for the headstones.....at a prison.....with the hip......FUCK
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I'm going to buy 2 tickets and if I can't make it I'll sell them for face. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2019

Good for you !!

Like you said, its the Headstones playing in a prison yard. Not sure that will ever happen again.

also, if you do end up selling your tickets because you don't go, please let me know. Tickets will be hard to come by im sure and I might know people who get shut out at first and might need them.

Post edited by willbarclay on

Good for you !!

Like you said, its the Headstones playing in a prison yard. Not sure that will ever happen again.

also, if you do end up selling your tickets because you don't go, please let me know. Tickets will be hard to come by im sure and I might know people who get shut out at first and might need them.

absolutely.

my headstones buddy lives in Belleville, so I could pick him up along the way. we have taken turns flying out to each other's neck of the woods to see the band. it's my turn anyway. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    brianlux said:
    I think HFD needs to start up a tribute band.  Maybe call yourselves The Hughstones.  :smiley:
    funny I said this exact same thing on Twitter the other day, since the band won't be touring for another 2 years after this. I will go through withdrawal. I suggested The Hardstones. My old band, called the Dime Sized Drops (after one of their song titles) used to play some Headstones tunes. They were the favourite band of 3 of the 4 of us. The other one was the drummer, so it didn't matter. :lol:
    You could be the Head Hardstone or just "The Head" for short!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    I think HFD needs to start up a tribute band.  Maybe call yourselves The Hughstones.  :smiley:
    funny I said this exact same thing on Twitter the other day, since the band won't be touring for another 2 years after this. I will go through withdrawal. I suggested The Hardstones. My old band, called the Dime Sized Drops (after one of their song titles) used to play some Headstones tunes. They were the favourite band of 3 of the 4 of us. The other one was the drummer, so it didn't matter. :lol:
    oh, there are many more bigger fans than I,  young Lux. I am simply one of the few that has a double obsession (PJ being the other). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    oh, there are many more bigger fans than I,  young Lux. I am simply one of the few that has a double obsession (PJ being the other). 
    "young Lux"  :lol:  Thank you!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Good idea! You should try and make it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited May 2019
    since 3 of the 4 remaining members of the Hip will be there, my prediction as to their role(s):

Rob Baker: plays guitar with Kasador (his son's band) for a tune or two
    Paul Langlois: plays guitar with Headstones for a tune or two
    Gord Sinclair: plays bass with Tom Cochrane for a tune or two
    big full artist jam at the end to Jailhouse Rock or Jailbreak
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    we shall see. don't know if I can drive that far on my own. I sent an email to my wife about it, but don't expect a positive response. :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    we shall see. don't know if I can drive that far on my own. I sent an email to my wife about it, but don't expect a positive response. :lol:
    Dude, check out the flights from Winnipeg to Kingston. They're not very expensive! Less than $300 return (and some even better deals if you find them). :) EDIT: oh sorry, I take it back. My quick search defaulted me to Vancouver to Winnipeg - wow, cheap, lol. But Winnipeg to Kingston is fucking insane. I mean, WTF?? Am I seeing that right? I can find cheaper ticket deals from Vancouver to Europe than it costs to fly from Winnipeg to Kingston?? THAT MAKES NO SENSE!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Dude, check out the flights from Winnipeg to Kingston. They're not very expensive! Less than $300 return (and some even better deals if you find them). :)
    I didn't even know kingston had an airport. I'll check it. thanks.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Dude, check out the flights from Winnipeg to Kingston. They're not very expensive! Less than $300 return (and some even better deals if you find them). :)
    I didn't even know kingston had an airport. I'll check it. thanks.
    No no, sorry, see my edit, lol.
    Noooo FUCK. :lol: It's not that expensive either. What is with these flight searches?!?! It's actually not that bad after all, lol! More than $300 I think, but not crazy like I said. I don't what is going on. :dizzy:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Dude, check out the flights from Winnipeg to Kingston. They're not very expensive! Less than $300 return (and some even better deals if you find them). :) EDIT: oh sorry, I take it back. My quick search defaulted me to Vancouver to Winnipeg - wow, cheap, lol. But Winnipeg to Kingston is fucking insane. I mean, WTF?? Am I seeing that right? I can find cheaper ticket deals from Vancouver to Europe than it costs to fly from Winnipeg to Kingston?? THAT MAKES NO SENSE!
    you looking up kingston jamaica? LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    you looking up kingston jamaica? LOL
    It is possible that's what happened. :lol:
    Looks like you're looking at what? Like $500-range flights? I would say that's totally worth it, but I don't know how tight money is for you.