Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/unaccompanied-immigrant-boy-dies-us-custody
    Another kid dies in American custody, maybe start a tally ..yet we have a president that would call this kid an animal..

Would it have been more humane to let him wander in the streets and die there instead instead of trying to administer medical attention and save him?
    I think it would of been more humane if he could of been processed and been in a proper facility or maybe just maybe in someone’s care that actually cared for the kid ..

The article said he was in a children's hospital. 
    I’m talking about having him being processed by immigration dept and placed in proper care not to be housed in holding cages , yes he was taken to hospital released and then died so obviously he was not properly cared for ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I don’t see any solution that would satisfy unless Trump is gone, even if the actual method and treatment remains the same.   He was taken by ambulance to the hospital twice and tragically died. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Sadly refugees die in custody throughout the world...sounds like they did all they could do.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Jason P said:
    I don’t see any solution that would satisfy unless Trump is gone, even if the actual method and treatment remains the same.   He was taken by ambulance to the hospital twice and tragically died. 
    Twice how about if he received proper care the 1st time instead of discharging him while still sick , I’d say he was not properly cared for ! 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/unaccompanied-immigrant-boy-dies-us-custody
    Another kid dies in American custody, maybe start a tally ..yet we have a president that would call this kid an animal..

Would it have been more humane to let him wander in the streets and die there instead instead of trying to administer medical attention and save him?
    I think it would of been more humane if he could of been processed and been in a proper facility or maybe just maybe in someone’s care that actually cared for the kid ..

I’m talking about having him being processed by immigration dept and placed in proper care not to be housed in holding cages , yes he was taken to hospital released and then died so obviously he was not properly cared for ! 
    That is not necessarily obvious. It happens to more than just immigrants. I’ll have to read more. At times the doctors do what they can with what they know. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    People are released all the time from hospitals who end up needing to go back a short time later, and sometimes people are released and die sometime after...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

You didn;'t mention he was brought back to the hospital for several days again before he died.
    This is a sad story, I'm not saying it isn't. But when someone dies after being hospitalized for several day, in a children's hospital at that, I don;t see how the blame can be on the border patrol or facilities.
    edited May 2019
    Jason P said:
    Twice how about if he received proper care the 1st time instead of discharging him while still sick , I’d say he was not properly cared for ! 
    Thats very normal, I'd say if its an issue then its more of an issue with our healthcare than immigration. We took our 7 month old to the doctor, they sent him to the hospital where he only stayed a few hours. We had to return later than same day and this time they kept him for 5 nights.  The hospital waived about half the bill after admitting fault he should not have been released the first time.
    I'm also guessing, since the family has said he had preexisting problems, and he spent several days in a children's hospital where he died, it is my guess he was likely beyond help and is a result of his condition (which no one was made aware of)
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    Yeah I hear you guys , he came here alone knowing what the dangers were and he died so it’s on him ..carry on business as usual ! 
    Yeah I hear you guys , he came here alone knowing what the dangers were and he died so it’s on him ..carry on business as usual ! 
    Not 1 person said that, literally no one.

mace1229 said:
    Not 1 person said that, literally no one.

It’s been said plenty of times in this thread , they get what they deserve! 
    The poor kid had a brain infection, was given surgery and was recovering for several days at a children's hospital (not a government holding facility). So I don't see how anyone can blame border patrol for this, unless you're just looking for excuses to blame them.
    I'm not a doctor, but I'm guessing a brain infection is not something easily detected and was way off the radar. 
    mace1229 said:
    The poor kid had a brain infection, was given surgery and was recovering for several days at a children's hospital (not a government holding facility). So I don't see how anyone can blame border patrol for this, unless you're just looking for excuses to blame them.
    I'm not a doctor, but I'm guessing a brain infection is not something easily detected and was way off the radar. 
    I’m not blaming the border patrols rather blaming the care he received it wasn’t adequate , if I came off blaming border patrol I’m wrong the fact of the matter they are overwhelmed and overworked so the blame has to fall on the lap of this administration but don’t tell me “ they deserve what happens to them “ hasn’t been said in this thread 
    How was his care unacceptable.  They provided him with treatment.  Sometimes even the best the doctors cannot help...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Why do you think he was given improper care? He had a brain infection and was given surgery, was in recovery at the hospital (ICU even I think?) before he died? What is not proper care about that? Was it because he was sent back to holding first? That is very normal with less common conditions. You get treated for what is most likely the cause, in this case probably dehydration, and when you don't improve you get reevaluated. Happens all the time and is completely normal, they had zero reason to believe he has any sort of brain infection and that would not have been revealed with any routine examination.
    My opinion is based off the little I had from the article, if the investigation proves shows something different, then I could change, but based on what information I have so far that seems reasonable. 
     I don't see any reason to say he didn't get proper care. I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe something should have been done differently with the information they had.

And no I have not seen anyone say these people "deserve" this. I've seen several say they know the risks. To me that isn't the same. That sounds like someone saying if you know the risk then don't blame the government, but that isn't saying they deserve this.
    Hey I’m totally biased , I see it as these folks are being treated like animals and I don’t agree with any of you as far as proper care is concerned as far as I can tell so far 3 children have died in custody..
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/05/01/politics/unaccompanied-minor-dies-in-custody/index.html
    The home country has to also be blamed for their lack of governance that’s what’s causing this mess we find ourselves in today , so there’s blame to go around for everyone involved it’s a tragic issue..
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Hey I’m totally biased , I see it as these folks are being treated like animals and I don’t agree with any of you as far as proper care is concerned as far as I can tell so far 3 children have died in custody..
    so you think the doctors/hospital treated him as a lesser human? do you have any evidence to back this up?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2019
    So what should have been done differently?
    From what I read he complained of a headache, they gave him an exam and treated him. Headaches are one of the first signs of dehydration, something I'm sure is extremely common in cases like this, so there would have been no reason to be alarmed. 
    When his condition did not improve he was returned to the hospital where they discovered he had a brain infection. He was given surgery and kept at a children's hospital for several days until he died.
    What is inhumane about his treatment?
    You said you aren't blaming border patrol, but you are. Maybe not the ones out on patrol specifically, but you are blaming the facility and those who held custody of him and the way he was treated while in custody responsible for his death.
    So what should have been done differently? Are they supposed to treat every single person with a headache as if they have a brain infection now? 
    From what I read he was treated no differently than anyone else would be as far as medical care.

And I agree with you that both sides of the border need to be responsible. The 3 deaths in custody doesn't really compare to the hundreds that die before they even make it that far. I looked it up and saw that there haven't been any deaths in custody for about 10 years. I was surprised, with that many people coming and being caught, just statistically there would be some in very poor health and beyond help. As long as we have people making trips in these conditions, hundreds will continue to die. But as far as this particular case, I see no evidence of mistreatment or even lack of treatment.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    They did everything any reasonable people would have.  He died, sad, hardly the first young person to die in a hospital...they did all they could do...they did surgery, they monitored him 24/7 in ICU.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    https://twitter.com/axios/status/1123890711340953601?s=21
    More good news for the separated kids !
    The other thing that’s crazy the GOP could give two shits about these kids but if it’s an unborn fetus oh god don’t dare touch them ..
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    The other thing that’s crazy the GOP could give two shits about these kids but if it’s an unborn fetus oh god don’t dare touch them ..
    And the newly born fetus as well
    Everyone knows that Democrat doctors and women are killing newly born Babies
    And the newly born fetus as well
    Everyone knows that Democrat doctors and women are killing newly born Babies
    Yep forgot about this ugh 
    Not sure where I could post this and I’m not implying that this administration is doing anything remotely close to this but I found this story worthy of being shared with you all here , it’s inspirational !https://twitter.com/leibelmangel/status/1123994169461170180?s=21
    Not sure where I could post this and I’m not implying that this administration is doing anything remotely close to this but I found this story worthy of being shared with you all here , it’s inspirational !https://twitter.com/leibelmangel/status/1123994169461170180?s=21
    And yet there are people in the world, and maybe even on this site, who don't believe that story or that the holocaust even happened.

F@#K those people 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Wow what an incredible story of survival and luck.  Holocaust deniers have to be some of the biggest pieces of shit to have ever walked the Earth.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    https://twitter.com/deanobeidallah/status/1124440519440990208?s=21
    another disgraceful human I don’t care what kind of General he was he’s completely ruined his reputation, peice of shit human !

And yet there are people in the world, and maybe even on this site, who don't believe that story or that the holocaust even happened.

F@#K those people 
    Yep fuck those idiots !
    https://twitter.com/deanobeidallah/status/1124440519440990208?s=21
    another disgraceful human I don’t care what kind of General he was he’s completely ruined his reputation, peice of shit human !

More swamp draining 

But it's  okay as long as my net worth is up and my 401K value is up