Donald Trump

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Jason Batemans first -- I believe -- movie as director was about a spelling bee contest.
    That's not a bad movie.
    I have a hard time remembering it. But I remember seeing it because for some reason I was a little bit proud of Jason Batemen directing. Guess I have a little crush on him.

Seen Game Night by the way? If you like Jason Bateman and great comedies - it's worthy a watch.
    Who doesn't have a little crush on Jason Bateman, amiright?

I don't think I have seen Game Night - I'll check it out.
    he's awkwardly charming, and I find it really odd how famous he is, considering his acting is pretty much identical no matter the character or role. 
    Yes. And he always have the same haircut and pretty much always wear a white shirt. Haha. 

THE JASON BATEMAN CINEMATIC UNIVERSE
    Was that the documentary about a bunch of different kids insanely preparing for the national spelling bee? If so that was really good. Only other spelling bee movie I can think of is Akellah and the Bee, which wasn't a doc. 

Jason Bateman and Nathan Fillion remind me of each other.  They both have the same type of awkward charm - though Jason is more so and Nathan was in Firefly so he is cooler. 
    Jason was in Arrested Development. He is cooler. 

Here's the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C63J6wIrD10
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    never watched an ep of arrested development. heard so many good things about it. just never tickled my fancy to start. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Ozark, though, is fucking great. 

The best show. The greatest show with the best cast. Yuge budget and great cast and people. amazing people. 

sorry, had to put a trump spin on that post since we've veered so far from him. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

never watched an ep of arrested development. heard so many good things about it. just never tickled my fancy to start. 
    I watched the first episode and were like "what the fuck is this shit?". Then I watched the second episode and was hooked for the three seasons. Just the writing is like magic sometimes, how they make all the plot threads and comedic bit work and come together. 

But the Netflix seasons SUCK. They are like KISS without Ace and Peter.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I watched the first episode and were like "what the fuck is this shit?". Then I watched the second episode and was hooked for the three seasons. Just the writing is like magic sometimes, how they make all the plot threads and comedic bit work and come together. 

Arrested Development was one of those sleeper shows. Excellent cast, acting, plot line but not high viewership. Too many brain cells had to be used for a lot of people. 

Firefly is still superior - it is a classic sleeper series. And Nathan was the Captain. So. Period.

EDIT FOR THREAD INTEGRITY - I am 100% certain that Trump has never watched an episode of either series. 

And he's speaking to the NRA today so BOO, bad President. Democrats are coming to your homes to take your guns - FEAR!!!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    njnancy said:

Arrested Development was one of those sleeper shows. Excellent cast, acting, plot line but not high viewership. Too many brain cells had to be used for a lot of people. 

Firefly is still superior - it is a classic sleeper series. And Nathan was the Captain. So. Period.

EDIT FOR THREAD INTEGRITY - I am 100% certain that Trump has never watched an episode of either series. 

And he's speaking to the NRA today so BOO, bad President. Democrats are coming to your homes to take your guns - FEAR!!!

I haven't seen a second of Arrested Development but I'll confidently say that Firefly was better
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    njnancy said:

I haven't seen a second of Arrested Development but I'll confidently say that Firefly was better

njnancy said:

njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

Haha, right - he was in knocked up.
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

Actually - that GIF is perfect for the Donald Trump thread now that I put it in context. 

Didn't see Knocked Up - but I take your word for it.
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

Actually - that GIF is perfect for the Donald Trump thread now that I put it in context. 

Didn't see Knocked Up - but I take your word for it.
    Small role, but memorable

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Majority opposes impeachment,  while a majority believes he lied to the public.  This is about where I am and supports Pelosi's current strategy.  2020.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/majority-of-americans-oppose-impeachment-but-majority-also-says-trump-lied-to-public/2019/04/26/116869ca-66d8-11e9-a1b6-b29b90efa879_story.html?utm_term=.421dccd9783b

edited April 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    Majority opposes impeachment,  while a majority believes he lied to the public.  This is about where I am and supports Pelosi's current strategy.  2020.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/majority-of-americans-oppose-impeachment-but-majority-also-says-trump-lied-to-public/2019/04/26/116869ca-66d8-11e9-a1b6-b29b90efa879_story.html?utm_term=.421dccd9783b

What precedent does that set for future presidents though?

I think people with your opinion should wait for Muellers etc testimony. That will be heavily watched and could affect those numbers in the article.
    mrussel1 said:

What precedent does that set for future presidents though?

I think people with your opinion should wait for Muellers etc testimony. That will be heavily watched and could affect those numbers in the article.
    I support more hearings.  I believe his campaign conspired,  but Mueller did not conclude.  I don't think obstruction is enough to start the articles.  Personally,  I believe the most egregious issue is his failure to protect the democracy before the election.  But that was before he swore his oath and its much more of an esoteric argument. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    edited April 2019
    CM189191 said:
    This doesn't sit right with me... 

Too strong maybe.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    njnancy said:

No.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    https://twitter.com/politico/status/1121898021992763393?s=21
    He obviously didn’t need any stinking teachers!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Teacher if the year is black and from here in Richmond.  Trump misses a chance to repent for Charlottesville. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/04/24/us/rodney-robinson-2019-teacher-of-the-year-trnd/index.html
    mrussel1 said:
    Teacher if the year is black and from here in Richmond.  Trump misses a chance to repent for Charlottesville. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/04/24/us/rodney-robinson-2019-teacher-of-the-year-trnd/index.html
    And teaches kids in a juvenile detention center.... in a blue state. Are we surprised he's skipping?
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    CM189191 said:

Too strong maybe.

Better?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    dignin said:
    njnancy said:

No.

That's just, like, your opinion, man.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    njnancy said:

Not much is better than Firefly.

There is many reasons to hate Fox, but for what they did to Firefly should never be forgiven.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    edited April 2019
    We had fun with “cheif” but the rest of the tweet is probably among his nuttiest.

https://hillreporter.com/did-trump-just-fabricate-a-quote-to-make-himself-look-better-32977
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

Everything he does is weird ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    That NRA speech?  Dammmmnnnn...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    edited April 2019
    Republicans. It's like discussing with a kid.

- I hate broccoli!
    - But last night you were okey with eating the broccoli?
    - No I didn't! 

I'm not saying politics isn't silly in general. But the Fox montages of how they talked about Obama and how they have switched COMPLETELY when Trump does exactly what they blamed Obama for times 10000 and republicans saying things about Clinton that now applies to Trump times 10000 and now they think the exact opposite. 

This cannot be politics in the biggest superpower in the world. No matter how corrupt and run by lobbyist it all is - this is LUNACY. Why can't people nail them to the wall about this. It's like an open and shut case about what pieces of shits they are.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    CM189191 said:

Too strong maybe.
    yeah, i don't like it either. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

This discussion has been closed.