2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    Shouldn't it be "Leaves"? ;)
    We'll see! Hopefully, they win so that I have an easier time leaving North Station at the end of my workday.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    Shouldn't it be "Leaves"? ;)
    We'll see! Hopefully, they win so that I have an easier time leaving North Station at the end of my workday.
    Hopefully you get torturous departures all the way through mid June on hockey and basketball nights.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

This weekend we rock Portland
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Calgary you suck.  You looked pathetic after game 1.

Winnipeg will soon exit...maybe?

Nice Victory by the leafs.

As for Yzerman going home.  The Wings have some good young talent on the roster, plus a top 6 pick and 15-20 million to spend this off-season...so he has some options...

its awesome!   The wings do have some amazing young talent.  With the Vet defense in the line up, you could see the talent (even Mantha picked up his game abit)  come through with points/wins.   Cant wait for next year!  Was disappointed when they got rid of Nick Jensen..he was a solid d-men.  
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Canadian hockey teams suck...I expect Toronto to lose Tuesday as well...

Winnipeg needs a coach who can get them over the top.  Well, Calgary is Calgary...

And Toronto will probably do what Toronto does best...choke
    haha, atlanta had a losing record the last 5 seasons before they relocated to winnipeg. maurice got them to the final 4 in his 4th season of coaching them. hahahahahaha
    So.  What the fuck does Atlanta got to do with anything?  Toronto was a mess 5 years ago as well.  Winnipeg will not go far with Mr. Monotone behind the bench.  You must be one of the few who even remembers the final four in hockey, after all, all that matters is who is wins The Cup.  Thye limped dick performance from Winnipeg and Calgary is whats laughable.  LMFAO.
    uh, that's who the team was before they relocated. again, context matters. you seem to have trouble with this. 

yes, the final game was horrendous. not sure what happened there, but it was god awful. the score should have been 9-2, not 3-2. helly saved us an embarrassment on the score board, but not on the ice. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Wow,  the Leafs look great halfway through.  
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,320
      =)

demetrios said:
      =)

C'mon D.. you like the Bruins??? Aren't there Canadian teams closer?
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,320
    edited April 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    demetrios said:
      =)

C'mon D.. you like the Bruins??? Aren't there Canadian teams closer?
    Been a Bruins fan since 1988.  :) Was a big Ray Bourque fan. While friends at school were either a Habs or Leafs fan, I went with the Bruins. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I grew up a Ruins fan in VT, when I went to LA at 18 to USC, I could not root for a team called the Bruins any longer and joined the Kings.  Bourque remains my favorite player of all time, but I root against the Bruins now.  Hoped for more of a nail biter in this one.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I grew up a Ruins fan in VT, when I went to LA at 18 to USC, I could not root for a team called the Bruins any longer and joined the Kings.  Bourque remains my favorite player of all time, but I root against the Bruins now.  Hoped for more of a nail biter in this one.
    That's a funny reason for changing loyalties.  I like it!
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Same old Maple Leafs.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    mrussel1 said:
    That's a funny reason for changing loyalties.  I like it!
    Bleed for the Kings now.  Love them, hurts my soul that they are not in it.
    Have to cry myself to sleep on the thoughts of the two cups this decade.  :lol:.    
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    watching NHL makes me realize how lame the NFL is.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I have to root for one of Wobbie’s teams now?

Painful!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    NHL Playoff OT is the best that any sport can display.  SJ v Vegas...what a game.  It looked over until that 5-minute major.  Burns, wow, made some beauty defensive gems in OT...he's a big reason that they won in OT.
    Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Unbelievable game in San Jose. Nothing can touch NHL Playoff hockey. Nothing.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I don’t watch any other sports only hockey for me , I’ll watch some of the playoffs from NFL or NBA or MLB but don’t invest to much time on those sports ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    edited April 2019
    Why the fuck did I go to bed during the second intermission?!  The 3rd and OT in San Jose looked fucking ridiculous.  Now time for those bunch of jerks down in Carolina to take out the Caps.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    I don’t watch any other sports only hockey for me , I’ll watch some of the playoffs from NFL or NBA or MLB but don’t invest to much time on those sports ..
    I love the NFL...it has the best regular season.  Most games are important.  I cannot stand baseball and basketball.  I hate the NHL's regular season, way too long and too many crappy teams for me to show interest...but NFL playoff hockey is hard to beat, especially the opening round with all the upsets. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    just saw the replay of the 5 minute major on Vegas.  No way that should have been a 5 minute major.  obviously you can't give up 4 goals on it but still.
    pjhawks said:
    just saw the replay of the 5 minute major on Vegas.  No way that should have been a 5 minute major.  obviously you can't give up 4 goals on it but still.
    Even though upon replay, it looks worse than it was (the cross-check)...I do believe the ref got it right.  A crosscheck that results in an injury with a pool of blood will get you the boot every time.

With a 3-0 lead, what was Eakin thinking anyways...  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Unbelievable game in San Jose. Nothing can touch NHL Playoff hockey. Nothing.
    Doesn't get any better than that...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    pjhawks said:
    Even though upon replay, it looks worse than it was (the cross-check)...I do believe the ref got it right.  A crosscheck that results in an injury with a pool of blood will get you the boot every time.

With a 3-0 lead, what was Eakin thinking anyways...  
    Often times, they do make those calls based on result.  It has been that way forever, and it shouldnt be a big shock when something like that was called.  I wasn't surprised.  I also feel like there was an element of the refs making the call to curb possible retribution for the final 10 minutes.  It was a fairly flagrant and unnecessary cross check after the puck was out of the area.  The amount that it charged up the Sharks and the building, Im not sure there is a different result if it was a double minor, or minor penalty.  
    Canadian hockey teams suck...I expect Toronto to lose Tuesday as well...

Winnipeg needs a coach who can get them over the top.  Well, Calgary is Calgary...

And Toronto will probably do what Toronto does best...choke
    haha, atlanta had a losing record the last 5 seasons before they relocated to winnipeg. maurice got them to the final 4 in his 4th season of coaching them. hahahahahaha
    So.  What the fuck does Atlanta got to do with anything?  Toronto was a mess 5 years ago as well.  Winnipeg will not go far with Mr. Monotone behind the bench.  You must be one of the few who even remembers the final four in hockey, after all, all that matters is who is wins The Cup.  Thye limped dick performance from Winnipeg and Calgary is whats laughable.  LMFAO.
    uh, that's who the team was before they relocated. again, context matters. you seem to have trouble with this. 

yes, the final game was horrendous. not sure what happened there, but it was god awful. the score should have been 9-2, not 3-2. helly saved us an embarrassment on the score board, but not on the ice. 
    I have no problem with context.  I know where they are from.  I still do not care that they were a mess 4-5 years ago any more than Toronto was a mess.  You have a problem with subjective material, and sports is subjective.  All I said is I'd consider a coaching change and you are acting like he is your father that I am saying needs to be terminated.

If you actually paid attention, you'd see I said the same about Tampa coach as well...this is the salary cap era unless you got the next Scotty Bowman as your GM, the window can close quickly on winning...do you really want to waste it on a coach that may have taken them as far as they can...

Some of the analysts even said Toronto will not ice a better team next year because of the cap...

The only reason I never said Babs could be in trouble is because he has an 8-year contract, Toronto is stuck with him...

Plenty of teams that have successful regular seasons and fail in the pl,playoffs make the choice to move on.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    haha, I'm not acting like he is my father. gimme a break. I couldn't give a shit if they fire him.

All I'm saying is you gotta give a guy more of a chance than that. the jets owner/management's entire MO was a slow build, not just throwing money around to get all the stars. they had the benefit of knowing income was not going to be an issue for at least the first 5 years of the team's existence, a luxury no other team has had. They wanted to develop a winning team over a period of years. They got that last year. This year they fell off a bit. Coaching? Maybe. Personnel? Maybe. if the jets fail to make the playoffs next year, or even suck 3 months into the season, sure, axe him, but I think doing it now is very premature. 

judging by past management decisions, the jets won't be firing maurice any time soon. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

2nd OT.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    pjhawks said:

bad call.....but an epic choke. fleury looked locked in....until he wasn’t.

go CBJ!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14