Any Hip-Hop Heads?

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Any Brockhampton fans here?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    If anyone's interested, I have a free digital download for the new Malibu Ken record, which is Aesop Rock and TOBACCO.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • I'm going to see Action Bronson in less than a month.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Gotta pimp my DIY homeboy

https://youtu.be/HyTKsOv7cro
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    So it's been a while, but I revisited Clipse's Lord Willin' today.

Cot Damn! That's a dynamite record!

I need to get the VMP version.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    edited April 2019
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    My 14 year old is turning me on to all kinds of hip hop.  A boogie wid da hoodie. WTF kind of name is that?  Look back at it is a great song though. Liking some of the new Juice WRLD record as well.
    Get_Right said:
    My 14 year old is turning me on to all kinds of hip hop.  A boogie wid da hoodie. WTF kind of name is that?  Look back at it is a great song though. Liking some of the new Juice WRLD record as well.
    Having Youtube access anyone can become a star and people know it so they will get younger and younger.

Other great rap names are A-Boogie, Kodak black, Royce da 5'9", Lil uzi vert. actually anything with "lil" in it, lol.
    Get_Right said:
    Having Youtube access anyone can become a star and people know it so they will get younger and younger.

Other great rap names are A-Boogie, Kodak black, Royce da 5'9", Lil uzi vert. actually anything with "lil" in it, lol.
    Too funny about the "Lil" they are everywhere. Zeze was on repeat for awhile in our house.  Another good tune as much as I want to hate Kodak Black.
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Too funny about the "Lil" they are everywhere. Zeze was on repeat for awhile in our house.  Another good tune as much as I want to hate Kodak Black.
    First time I saw Kodak I was like, cmon man really?  Then I gave him a listen and that dude is deep.  I really like him.

White rappers are going to take over for a while it looks like.  Winter is coming in The Game of Thrones and the rap world.

As for the "lil" part, that goes back a long way to Lil bow wow, kim, jon, wayne...  I can go on and on, oh yeah and Lil peep!  He fit in to both my white rapper and lil names but he's gone now... So sad.
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

First time I saw Kodak I was like, cmon man really?  Then I gave him a listen and that dude is deep.  I really like him.

White rappers are going to take over for a while it looks like.  Winter is coming in The Game of Thrones and the rap world.

As for the "lil" part, that goes back a long way to Lil bow wow, kim, jon, wayne...  I can go on and on, oh yeah and Lil peep!  He fit in to both my white rapper and lil names but he's gone now... So sad.
    My list of artists in apple music has 12 different lils.  Not very original LOL.
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

My list of artists in apple music has 12 different lils.  Not very original LOL.
    I read that there are over 8000 of them, lol.  Not very OG at all.

Of course I don't know them all but there are so many that you will know.
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    Hearing Eminem's 'My Name Is' on the radio while on the bus in 8th grade in 1999 was just a weird blip I still remember, because I hadn't heard anything like it. Also, I grew up in a home where all my dad played was classic rock. He definitely got me into hip hop, and I faded away from the genre a bit. But have gone back to appreciate more of the classics like GZA, Tribe Called Quest, etc....

Blessed to have seen the Beastie Boys' last show at Bonnaroo in 2009 as well.

So many great acts out there to discover in hiphop....
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
    Hearing Eminem's 'My Name Is' on the radio while on the bus in 8th grade in 1999 was just a weird blip I still remember, because I hadn't heard anything like it. Also, I grew up in a home where all my dad played was classic rock. He definitely got me into hip hop, and I faded away from the genre a bit. But have gone back to appreciate more of the classics like GZA, Tribe Called Quest, etc....

I was fortunate enough to see many Beastie Boys shows starting in 94.  They were great live. I consider myself very fortunate to have seen them on the ill communication tour a few times. There is no other group like them when they strapped on the instruments.
    Get_Right said:

I was fortunate enough to see many Beastie Boys shows starting in 94.  They were great live. I consider myself very fortunate to have seen them on the ill communication tour a few times. There is no other group like them when they strapped on the instruments.
    I got to see them in 94 also.  Drove all the way up to Santa Barbara from LA to see them.  Bad Brains opened up but I don't remember that...
    Going to post a few that I really like that are getting airplay.

Lil Baby & Gunna Drip too Hard
    https://youtu.be/_YzD9KW82sk
    J Cole Middle Child
    https://youtu.be/WILNIXZr2oc
    21 Savage & J Cole Alot
    https://youtu.be/DmWWqogr_r8
    And we back, we back
    Chance dropped a new record.  Love the track with Ben Gibbard, and the skits are funny, but not loving the record as a whole after a few passes. Should be shorter. I will give it a chance.
    I have recently discovered Dave, the UK rapper that released Psychodrama. Totally hooked on the raps and the piano. Check out psycho, location, disaster, screwface capital and voices. Really good!
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    should be 5 tracks and 3 skits shorter.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    should be 5 tracks and 3 skits shorter.
    Yup, sounds about right^^
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    Just listened to Nas' debut (25 yrs old this year!) yesterday. Such a great album. 
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Dave (no not me :tongue: ). Just came across this British rapper. He just won the Mercury Prize (best album in the UK) for his album "Psychodrama"

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    I am hooked on psychodrama. Great record.
  • So I don't know how many times I've listened to this song and NEVER seen the video but I did today and just noticed that Danny Boy from House of Pain does a verse on this...

My God this was interesting...

https://youtu.be/Yg-RIOATCbU
  • BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
    Sad. I like his music. RIP.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    this is a pretty dope tune from DJ Shadow and De La Soul

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    this is a pretty dope tune from DJ Shadow and De La Soul

Love this!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam