MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    So Yelich is pretty good huh?

Imagine if the Marlins had Yelich, Ozuna, Realmuto and Stanton?!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

Yeah Jeets.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

Yeah Jeets.
    Jeter the player, I will fight to the death for.

Jeter the owner, I will laugh and mock daily.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Poncier said:

Yeah Jeets.
    Jeter the player, I will fight to the death for.

Jeter the owner, I will laugh and mock daily.
    Yeah, he's not doing a very good job at all.

10 in a row for Houston. They are mashing the ball right now. It's amazing how much better the lineup is when Correa & Altuve are healthy. Let's get #11 tonight!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

can’t pay those guys with 60 people in the stands. (mattingly’s) marlins need to be contracted.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Jason P said:
    So far this year I've read:

Unbroken
    Dark Matter
    Mr. Mercedes
    Red Rabbit
    A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms
    Fire and Blood
    Harry Potter 1 -3
    Paddle your own canoe
    The Cardinal of the Kremlin

Just started The Name of the Wind ...  not bad for a gamer B)

harry potter doesn’t count :wink:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Wobbie said:

can’t pay those guys with 60 people in the stands. (mattingly’s) marlins need to be contracted.
    Yelich wasn't making a lot. But I think he wanted out
    I miss igotid88
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I think Jeter was in a situation where the the ownership group ended up paying 10x over true market value for the Marlins franchise and basically had to have a fire sale on player contracts in order to make payroll.  His ego probably wanted the faceman title and his street cred is taking the hit now.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Joey Votto....today popped out to the 1b for the first time in his MLB career.

Great article
    Love this guy
    https://theathletic.com/930900/2019/04/17/joey-votto-im-not-ready-to-concede/

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Some more unwritten rule nonsense yesterday.  How dare someone flip a bat!!!  Love that Tim Anderson just doesn't give a fuck....

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26548775/unwritten-rules-let-kids-play-baseball-ways
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Some more unwritten rule nonsense yesterday.  How dare someone flip a bat!!!  Love that Tim Anderson just doesn't give a fuck....

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26548775/unwritten-rules-let-kids-play-baseball-ways
    That Royals pitcher is a dumbass!  You're gonna give a potential go-ahead run a free base to lead off the inning in a tie game in the 6th because he hurt your feelings a couple innings prior?  If you're mad he showed you up, try striking him out for revenge.  Keller's an idiot.
    Also fuck Joe West.

That Royals pitcher is a dumbass!  You're gonna give a potential go-ahead run a free base to lead off the inning in a tie game in the 6th because he hurt your feelings a couple innings prior?  If you're mad he showed you up, try striking him out for revenge.  Keller's an idiot.
    Also fuck Joe West.

These pitchers are way too sensitive.  It's getting pretty ridiculous.  MLB had their whole "let the kids play" campaign going last year...if they really want to do something about it they should start suspending pitchers 10-15 games for intentionally throwing at guys.  What a joke.

Oh my god Joe West is the worst.  He threw Anderson out of the game for no reason....when he got hit he just ran down to 1st base.  It's because Anderson said something about him in an interview in the past and that fat fuck took it personally so he tossed him.  It's amazing that MLB continues to allow this guy to call games.

Also fuck Joe West.

These pitchers are way too sensitive.  It's getting pretty ridiculous.  MLB had their whole "let the kids play" campaign going last year...if they really want to do something about it they should start suspending pitchers 10-15 games for intentionally throwing at guys.  What a joke.

Oh my god Joe West is the worst.  He threw Anderson out of the game for no reason....when he got hit he just ran down to 1st base.  It's because Anderson said something about him in an interview in the past and that fat fuck took it personally so he tossed him.  It's amazing that MLB continues to allow this guy to call games.
    Absolutely agree. I may be a Cubs fan but it's easy to look past bias and see how stupid this whole situation is and how it all escalated for nothing.  Keller put his team in a position to lose the lead by throwing at Tim. Fortunately it wasn't that hard of a pitch and no one got hurt, but it was still fucking stupid. Tim kept his cool, said some words, but went to first. You could even see him patting Maldonado on the chest as if to say "we cool, but tell your boy to chill." There is no other reason he got ejected other than West holding a grudge like a little crybaby and wanting to be the center of attention. Fat Joe sure can put on a show, but the players ARE the show.  Ain't nobody here to see you, blue.  The best umpires are those whose names you don't know.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I commented when Archer lit up on of the Reds players recently.  He got a 5 game suspension -- dumbest fucking thing ever.  They pushed his start 1 day.  He should make the same number of starts as he would have.
    That is not a punishment.

Joe West is indeed the worst.  Everyone seems to know this.  Fucking unions.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Joe West needs to GTFO.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    joe west has more chins than the shanghai phone book.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    duh dum tsssh

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited April 2019
    Don't think Anderson just went to first base after he was hit. Looks like he's talking shit too.  Agree it was dumb for the pitcher to hit him in a 2-2 game in the 6th. 

https://youtu.be/FtKmWa8jTCY
    Post edited by cutz on
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I agree with that announcer, they all need to do better. Ridiculous that Anderson got thrown out of the game, but it just goes to show how shitty Joe West is at his job. If any one of us were as incompetent at our jobs to the level that he is, we'd all be fired long ago.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    Wobbie said:
    Or more tongue than Tung?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    cutz said:
    Don't think Anderson just went to first base after he was hit. Looks like he's talking shit too.  Agree it was dumb for the pitcher to hit him in a 2-2 game in the 6th. 

Yeah I was wrong on him running right to 1st base...but not like he charged the mound or anything (which I wouldn't have blamed him for if he did).

Pitchers have turned into such pussies.  They don't like someone celebrating a HR off them so they throw a 90 mph fastball at the guy.  If you don't like it, then get the guy out.  And there are plenty of pitchers out there (seems to be mostly relief pitchers) that celebrate a big strikeout with a fist pump or whatever....I don't hear any batters crying about that when it happens.  The whole thing is so ridiculous.
    cutz said:

Yeah I was wrong on him running right to 1st base...but not like he charged the mound or anything (which I wouldn't have blamed him for if he did).

Pitchers have turned into such pussies.  They don't like someone celebrating a HR off them so they throw a 90 mph fastball at the guy.  If you don't like it, then get the guy out.  And there are plenty of pitchers out there (seems to be mostly relief pitchers) that celebrate a big strikeout with a fist pump or whatever....I don't hear any batters crying about that when it happens.  The whole thing is so ridiculous.
    Could not agree more. 
    (Actually, would love to see a batter throw his bat at a pitcher who does a stupid fucking dance or celebration coming off the mound to end the 5th inning when the bases were loaded or something.  Just once, to see how people reacted.  It is the same thing.)
    cutz said:

Could not agree more. 
    (Actually, would love to see a batter throw his bat at a pitcher who does a stupid fucking dance or celebration coming off the mound to end the 5th inning when the bases were loaded or something.  Just once, to see how people reacted.  It is the same thing.)
    Haha, exactly!  No pitcher has gone on the DL for a bat flip.  Plenty of batters have gone on the DL for being thrown at.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    cutz said:

Could not agree more. 
    Throw his bat?  what are you kidding me?

Throw at the batter in the back.  I'm fine with that.

Celebrate a strikeout, HR, whatever.

If you celebrate then expect to be thrown at and when you do don't act tough and want to fight.  Go to first and take your free base because your OPS just went up.
    cutz said:

Could not agree more. 

If you celebrate then expect to be thrown at and when you do don't act tough and want to fight.  Go to first and take your free base because your OPS just went up.
    How is throwing a bat any different than throwing a rock hard ball 90 mph at someone?  

To expect to be thrown at because you celebrate is beyond absurd.  But I guess no one can have fun playing baseball....gotta respect the unwritten rules!!!  What a joke.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    cutz said:

Could not agree more. 

How is throwing a bat any different than throwing a rock hard ball 90 mph at someone?  

To expect to be thrown at because you celebrate is beyond absurd.  But I guess no one can have fun playing baseball....gotta respect the unwritten rules!!!  What a joke.
    I'll throw a ball and then a bat at you and let me know what the difference is.  I'm sure it'll be pretty easy to decipher between the two.

I love celebrating in baseball and I also love that a pitcher can get revenge on a batter.

Don't want to get thrown at?  Celebrate in the dugout, get a curtain call.

Don't want to be showed up on the mound?  Get the batter out.

cutz said:

Could not agree more. 

I'll throw a ball and then a bat at you and let me know what the difference is.  I'm sure it'll be pretty easy to decipher between the two.

I love celebrating in baseball and I also love that a pitcher can get revenge on a batter.

Don't want to get thrown at?  Celebrate in the dugout, get a curtain call.

Don't want to be showed up on the mound?  Get the batter out.

I'm obviously not condoning throwing bats at pitchers but just pointing out that both that and intentionally throwing baseballs at guys are highly reckless acts that could cause serious injury.  And pitchers intentionally throwing at guys because they don't like the way they celebrated a home run is complete horseshit.  And it's even worse when it's an AL pitcher because usually they don't even have to bat.

But hey, you gotta respect the game!  Let's teach all the young kids that you can't have any fun playing baseball.  
    You could not hit me with a bat throw from mound to plate.  I could move out of the way.  If I was unable to dodge it I sure could block it effectively

Try blocking a baseball fired at 90+ mph.

The pitcher gets no opportunity to take one in the back in your model in lots of instances.
      (Relievers and AL pitchers)

Why is it ok for the pitcher to "show up" the batter but not the other way around?
    Try blocking a baseball fired at 90+, especially when you think you are meant to hit it. 
    Bart Colon is the only pitcher who might be unable to dodge bat from home to mound.

(I can sense a bat dodge challenge bet coming out of this!  :lol:    )