Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
edited April 2019 in All Encompassing Trip
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Nice!
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    *Yawn
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Nice!
    mca47 said:
    *Yawn
    A combination of these two.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I was hoping for The Rise of Jar Jar
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    See the source image
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image
    I recognized the laugh and am hoping it's just a flashback.  Bringing Lando back is cool, the emperor, no...
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image
    I recognized the laugh and am hoping it's just a flashback.  Bringing Lando back is cool, the emperor, no...
    He was on the stage. JJ has said he's back. He's back. 

Star Wars doesn't use flashbacks in its narrative structure (to my knowledge?). Or do you mean one of those dreamy, trippy "finding yourself sequences" like from Empire Strikes Back or The Force Awakens?
    edited April 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4U8cwIa_Qs

I like ET canada for some reason.
    I kind of like JJ's approach of putting the setting in the ruins of the first trilogy. The crashed destroyer in the first film, Rey having an old pilot-helmet, the crashed Death Star in this etc. 

I like that. Using the old trilogy as part of the landscape.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Emperor coming back as well as Luke?  The ability to raise the dead? The Rise of Skywalker.....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    edited April 2019
    The Emperor coming back as well as Luke?  The ability to raise the dead? The Rise of Skywalker.....
    My guess would be Luke will be a Force Ghost. And The Emperor will be a yet unseen Sith-version of it. Some evolved evil being of some kind.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,420
    My guess would be Luke will be a Force Ghost. And The Emperor will be a yet unseen Sith-version of it. Some evolved evil being of some kind.
    became one with the dark side....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Can't wait
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    I am now addicted to watching people react to it.

It’s gonna take a lot for me to re-embrace this trilogy after the disaster Rian Johnson put together, and this was the start they needed.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853

Please don't ruin Star Wars for me...

• Please don't ruin Star Wars for me...

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Palpatine looks different in that poster.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Palpatine looks different in that poster.
    People found out it was a picture of a toy used.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited August 2019
    A new trailer just released, from the Disney Expo thing.

https://youtu.be/3n1T3HxHd7Y

Could Reys head be pasted into this to misdirect? It looks very.. pasted in...

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653

It does. I'm thinking it's a vision
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    ponytd said:

I think it is a vision she is seeing in a mirror. Similar to that weird cave scene from The Last Jedi.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JimmyV said:
    ponytd said:

I think it is a vision she is seeing in a mirror. Similar to that weird cave scene from The Last Jedi.
    what scene are you guys talking about? the double saber scene?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JimmyV said:
    ponytd said:

what scene are you guys talking about? the double saber scene?
    Yes. The closeup look like this:

i keep watching it and it doesn't look pasted in. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited August 2019
    i keep watching it and it doesn't look pasted in. 
    To me it does. Looks like a still image and some fake shadows on the sides. And a weirdly tall hood. Haha.

True, the hood does look tall. but she usually has a high pony, does she not? either way, I think it's just the lighting form the sabers. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD