psst...4/15/2019

Comments

• Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    CP218430 said:
    Are Vault 4 and Splatters the only ones sold out? And call me dumb but what's the difference between the Splatter and the black vinyl. I just like the show, so I don't care (got the black) but is there any real difference?
    Vault 5 was available too

Kearnsy
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Kearn5y said:
    Either way you'd have to act fast and still be lucky.. 
    I don't know how many splatters and vault 4's went up, but it can't have been many
    Id say quite a few as it they were not instant sell outs like the way posters do.
    I think I got the splatter about 10 minutes after it dropped.. 90 mins later I placed an order for Raw Power.. That order number was about 500 higher.. 100-200 of each maybe?!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    CP218430 said:
    Are Vault 4 and Splatters the only ones sold out? And call me dumb but what's the difference between the Splatter and the black vinyl. I just like the show, so I don't care (got the black) but is there any real difference?
    The color of the record is the only difference. 

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    There have been text circles in the past about random drops. If you are implying the text should come from 10c that is beyond ridiculous. Everything that dropped was readily available in the past except some different colored records of a show with plenty of regular pressings. 
    Why is it beyond ridiculous for 10Club to send out a text irregardless of what the special sale is? Why is there such resistance to letting everyone who belongs a heads up?  If the items were no big deal and available then why are they selling for ridiculous prices on E-Bay? I would think that letting all of the members who pay to belong also be able to participate in perks. Someone shouldn't have to join a separate group or know certain people or be checking the forum at the right time in order to be privy to what's going on in the club they belong to. 

Having pssts as a way of letting people know when something special is dropping leads to the same people and the same flippers being the ones who get a chance to purchase these items. That is not how a club should function. 

I am happy for people who got one of the special drops. I just don't understand the resistance to allowing a broader base of people a chance to just KNOW that the club they PAY to belong to is doing something special. Isn't the drop for everyone? Or just for insiders? 

njnancy said:
    There have been text circles in the past about random drops. If you are implying the text should come from 10c that is beyond ridiculous. Everything that dropped was readily available in the past except some different colored records of a show with plenty of regular pressings. 
    Why is it beyond ridiculous for 10Club to send out a text irregardless of what the special sale is? Why is there such resistance to letting everyone who belongs a heads up?  If the items were no big deal and available then why are they selling for ridiculous prices on E-Bay? I would think that letting all of the members who pay to belong also be able to participate in perks. Someone shouldn't have to join a separate group or know certain people or be checking the forum at the right time in order to be privy to what's going on in the club they belong to. 

Having pssts as a way of letting people know when something special is dropping leads to the same people and the same flippers being the ones who get a chance to purchase these items. That is not how a club should function. 

I am happy for people who got one of the special drops. I just don't understand the resistance to allowing a broader base of people a chance to just KNOW that the club they PAY to belong to is doing something special. Isn't the drop for everyone? Or just for insiders? 

Forget it, the answer to my question is obvious.
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Kearn5y said:
    I don't know how many splatters and vault 4's went up, but it can't have been many
    Id say quite a few as it they were not instant sell outs like the way posters do.
    I think I got the splatter about 10 minutes after it dropped.. 90 mins later I placed an order for Raw Power.. That order number was about 500 higher.. 100-200 of each maybe?!
    Looking back at the earlier posts I think it was about 25minutes. I ordered 4.48pm Irish time and someone else here said they got one 16min after the hour. Also it was visible in the shop for 5-10min before I was able to add it to my cart.
    Kearnsy
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    njnancy said:

The 10c community is thousands of members. If everyone was notified no one would have a chance at anything limited and the complaining would be far worse. 
  • kenkkenk Posts: 210
    PJ's goal, like any other business, and let's face it they ARE a business, is to sell items. And they do it better than any other band I have ever seen. By a mile. They are merchandising geniuses with the paid 10Club subscriptions,  show specific merch, limited collabs, posters, randomly shipped LP variants, blind boxes etc. At the end of the day why would they care that a some fans that missed out on a limited record? They just have X amounts of units they need to move. And they have no issues selling out of pretty much anything they release. So unless that changes (ie people actually stop buying things), I don't see them changing their format. Don't take it personal.

• kenkkenk Posts: 210
    CP218430 said:
    Nope, just the resale value to collectors. But the content is the same. The purple Mad Season also sold out.
    Kearn5y said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Looking back at the earlier posts I think it was about 25minutes. I ordered 4.48pm Irish time and someone else here said they got one 16min after the hour. Also it was visible in the shop for 5-10min before I was able to add it to my cart.
    Both were up for around 45 mins I think.. 
    I'm just happy I finally got lucky in one of these.. That hasn't happened since the Stone/Mason Jennings signed single several years ago

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    njnancy said:

In my opinion, a bulk communication means more flippers. It's a passive activity. Sign up for an alert system and pounce when something valuable goes up.

I think random drops announced in their forum first gives fans the best chance. Not every fan, but it rewards you for hanging around their website. It's a more fan-forward cross section of buyers.

Now if you want to talk about the Venn diagram of diehard PJ fans and flippers well, my friend, you have a sympathetic ear right here.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    CP218430 said:
    Vault 5 and Sonic Evo purple also sold out.  There is no difference in the Sonic Evos except the color of the records.
    pjl44 said:
    njnancy said:

In my opinion, a bulk communication means more flippers. It's a passive activity. Sign up for an alert system and pounce when something valuable goes up.

I think random drops announced in their forum first gives fans the best chance. Not every fan, but it rewards you for hanging around their website. It's a more fan-forward cross section of buyers.

Now if you want to talk about the Venn diagram of diehard PJ fans and flippers well, my friend, you have a sympathetic ear right here.
    kenk said:
    PJ's goal, like any other business, and let's face it they ARE a business, is to sell items. And they do it better than any other band I have ever seen. By a mile. They are merchandising geniuses with the paid 10Club subscriptions,  show specific merch, limited collabs, posters, randomly shipped LP variants, blind boxes etc. At the end of the day why would they care that a some fans that missed out on a limited record? They just have X amounts of units they need to move. And they have no issues selling out of pretty much anything they release. So unless that changes (ie people actually stop buying things), I don't see them changing their format. Don't take it personal.

I appreciate both of your responses. But it does make it obvious that there are two classes of paying customers. 

I completely agree with the Venn diagram of flippers and 'die hard PJ fans' reference. 

Knowing that the 10Club doesn't care about all its members, even ones who are frequently on the forum, and seeing that items went so quickly just makes it obvious that when you pay for your membership you really aren't getting what they say you get. One of the perks of membership is the ability to buy limited edition items. But that's not really true in a real life sense.

I just am not buying anymore merchandise from them. I know that it won't make a difference and the same people will grow their collections. More power to the true collectors (not flippers), you put real effort into making sure you are on the ball when something drops. It just makes me, and others who have posted, feel like we are not really part of the Club inside the Club. And it's hard not to take that personally. I am not given a real chance at part of what I am told I get with my membership. It's disheartening. 

Life goes on. PJ merch is not the most important thing in the world, I just wanted to speak for those who feel like we don't matter. 
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350

6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    RP112579 said:

Thanks for making my opinion even less significant. Hope you got a good chuckle.
  • I thought Santos’s psst was the Easy Street drop. Had know idea the splatter was even a thing.😄 Shows how little I read threads on here. Ended up buying all the versions of 
    Sonic Evolution. Playing black. Keeping splatter and giving purple as a gift.
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    I don’t think people are resisting change it is just sending out a text won’t change the outcome at all, probably make things worse because people will put tie and effort in getting shut out instead of being surprised and being shut out.  The same number of people will get them and the same if not more number of copies will go up on sale on secondary markets.  I got a splatter 20 minutes I think after they went up, if 10,000 people knew about it it would have been gone in a minute or we’d all be trying for hours because the system crashed.  Plus, expecting a band to text thousands of people for a surprise drop is kind of ridiculous 
    ive missed out on plenty of random drops and if you don’t have the attitude of you win some you lose some you are going to be disappointed 
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    I think 10c can run their business how they choose.  

The great thing is you don’t have to buy from them, you get to decide where you spend your money.  So if you’re unhappy about the way they conduct their business, don’t do business with them.

Unless you’re new, we all know the rules of engagement, if you don’t like the way stuff gets dropped, don’t be a member.

I, like others, have seen them do it lots of different ways, and the random drops are the best way to sell limited stuff without the site crashing, keeping it out of the hands of flippers etc.... personally, I appreciate their efforts to do it this way.

Nothing is ever perfect, but let’s all understand that it’s not their job to satisfy everyone.  The product/experience they’re offering can be purchased or not.

Last comment, I’m not sure I understand how those who say they can’t stalk the internet, can stalk their phones for a text and then drop what they’re doing to buy something?  What’s the difference exactly?  You can receive a text and act on it, but you can’t open a web page on your phone, refresh, and act on it?
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Wtf was this Splatter

all I see us Splatter, splatter

what was it? I obviously saw this psst late 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    text alerts aren't a good idea.

I was actually randomly on for this drop, but didnt buy anything.  Already own the mad season, not sure if its a 'splatter'.
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wtf was this Splatter

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wtf was this Splatter

Ugly. Doesn't fit the art direction.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    my_wave said:
    shecky said:
    my_wave said:
    And as usual if you don't live on the internet/this board you miss out on everything, can we please change the pssts to text messages or emails for 10 club members who actually have to work and can't be online 24/7 so we have a chance to get these too?
    Did you not even consider it a possibility that on the first business day after Record Store Day the Ten Club might offer some records? 

No, I don't spend my days stalking the forum waiting for pssts, and I know by now that's how it works here, but it's extremely frustrating after years of this and after missing out on posters, limited edition items, etc all because I'm not sitting at my keyboard or living on my phone drooling and waiting for it to happen. This is the only fan club that releases merch this way and it's fucking bullshit in my opinion, just sick of missing out because I don't live on my phone. It must be nice to not have a job or have a job where you can obviously be online or be on your phone all day, but for those of us who can't it's a big middle finger to us, because it wouldn't be that hard to send an email or a text message, where I could at least be alerted to it, I'd even be happy with some kind of alert from the 10 club, but we all know that's never gonna happen... and my apologies, I'm just venting and frustrated over the way things are run and just sick of it, because for people like me, we have to go to ebay and pay five to ten times as much as it would have cost here and like some already know everything is listed right away and the 10 club and the band seem to have no problem with that because they already got their money, ok rant over... it is what is, just over it... 
    Perfect the way it is.  Announcements will make this place burn.  Did we already forget about last year's posters?  Those weren't even announced.... simply everyone knowing around what time it's going to happen.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    FOMO only thing keeping a bunch of us here
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    Bummer I missed out on Vault 4, but my wife might've killed me if I tacked onto Vault 7 and Sonic Evolution. Is that record not a good sound? I like the digital? Or maybe I'm just deaf. I was thrilled by this drop yesterday. And I stumbled upon it pretty late.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wtf was this Splatter

Thanks

i have the original, I’m good 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    edited April 2019
    @njnancy I'm with you. A lot of other bands will send an email the day before with a drop time. That makes it fair for everyone. I don't care that I missed out as I'm all merched out at this point, but so you know, I completely agree about being on the outside if you're not on this forum 24/7.

EDIT: And these assholes saying that if you don't like it you can leave, well they can straight up fuck off. That's incredibly rude. 
    Post edited by disilluzion on
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    it wouldn't be fair though.  People have bots and ways to score items if they know an on-sale time. We see this on a lot of the poster artists' scheduled sales.   The demand, and people's "skills" would make odds extremely unlikely for a random fan.  

Maybe a head's up with a window of time for a drop would be slightly better?  
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    PSUS2H said:
    shecky said:
    my_wave said:
    And as usual if you don't live on the internet/this board you miss out on everything, can we please change the pssts to text messages or emails for 10 club members who actually have to work and can't be online 24/7 so we have a chance to get these too?
    Did you not even consider it a possibility that on the first business day after Record Store Day the Ten Club might offer some records? 

I did, that's why I started checking every few minutes after 8a PT. 
    Same here. I put a "post-it" note on my monitor Saturday reminding me to check Ten Club first thing Monday morning.
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    Serious question, does that splatter sound any different than the black version? Because I have a black and am very unimpressed with the pressing and sound quality
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022