psst...4/15/2019

Comments

• Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    2 more splatters up on eBay.. $500 !!

• andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,957
    pjpitt89 said:
    Serious question, does that splatter sound any different than the black version? Because I have a black and am very unimpressed with the pressing and sound quality
    It certainly won't sound any better!  Coloured vinyl can sound worse than black sometimes, but most of the time it should sound the same as the black
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    pjpitt89 said:
    Serious question, does that splatter sound any different than the black version? Because I have a black and am very unimpressed with the pressing and sound quality
    It sounds like shit.  Kinda like the sound of a thousand pissed of 10 clubbers after a missed drop
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,868
    pjpitt89 said:
    It sounds like shit.  Kinda like the sound of a thousand pissed of 10 clubbers after a missed drop
    Oh, what's bad about it? That's a surprise. Haven't heard the album since it was released on Spotify.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    pjpitt89 said:
    It certainly won't sound any better!  Coloured vinyl can sound worse than black sometimes, but most of the time it should sound the same as the black
    And this is exactly why I'm bummed, but not raging mad about missing out. I can still get the actual music, on vinyl, for a reasonable price. The musical content and packaging between the two is exactly the same. Yes, the colored vinyl is cool, but not something I will get bent out of shape over, unlike, say, the Benaroya vinyl, which I can't get on vinyl at all.

There are a few RSD releases this year that I missed out on, which were labelled as RSD Exclusive on colored vinyl, but which I hope will be re-released at some point on non-colored vinyl. I can totally live with that. Colored for the collectors (which I can be as well), but black is available so you can at least have it on vinyl. Similar to Soundgarden A-sides from last year: green vinyl on RSD, then a follow-up on black.

Would be a great thing to do with Benaroya too, as many others have already suggested: just re-do the whole thing on black vinyl, with the same packaging, exactly the way they did with the back catalogue.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    shecky said:
    PSUS2H said:
    shecky said:
    my_wave said:
    And as usual if you don't live on the internet/this board you miss out on everything, can we please change the pssts to text messages or emails for 10 club members who actually have to work and can't be online 24/7 so we have a chance to get these too?
    Did you not even consider it a possibility that on the first business day after Record Store Day the Ten Club might offer some records? 

I did, that's why I started checking every few minutes after 8a PT. 
    Same here. I put a "post-it" note on my monitor Saturday reminding me to check Ten Club first thing Monday morning.
    It wasnt that, but they mentioned that a 10c edition of Easy Street would be dropped at some point.  They typically make psst... announcements early in the morning Pacific time, they're a business so I doubted they'd have someone in the office dropping anything on the weekend, and RSD rules allow for stores to sell in house before online.  I figured something might drop that day.  Next day to check frequently is May 10th....
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited April 2019
    I can see why people are frustrated that we dont get emails/texts about these drops but they failed in sending out the 10c newsletter to lots of people this month so no chance of this. But yes as a paying analog member a notification would be good. However an email etc would definitely cause a site crash. Dont see why on limited items there cant just be a lottery, probably too much of an overhead. Click here to be in with the chance to purchase...Members drawn at random.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    edited April 2019
    As someone who deals with technology, even mail services that are sending to tens of thousands of emails to people are not reliable Sometimes we see those systems take hours to process the emails. You'd still likely have scenarios that things are sold out by the time that you even receive the emails.
    Post edited by Travelar on
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    Travelar said:
    As someone who deals with technology, even mail services that are sending to tens of thousands of people are not reliable Sometimes we see those systems take hours to process the emails. You'd still likely have scenarios that things are sold out by the time that you even receive the emails.
    That's a great point, pretty much every email marketing platform throttles the number of emails sent at a time. It would be the same scenario as the monthly newsletter drops where people get them at different times, early, late, not at all, etc. It would be a mess
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    RP112579 said:

Lol
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    RP112579 said:

That's awesome
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    I made 2 orders 90 mins apart.. One was shipped yesterday, the other one is still pending.. 
    I'm guessing it's because of the amount of other orders placed between mine.. 
    Is this the case for others that made multiple orders?

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Backspacer 76Backspacer 76 Posts: 957
    edited April 2019
    https://pearljam.com/shop/featured-items
    FIRST 100 VAULT 8 ORDERS WILL RECEIVE EU PRESSING.
    slh

Is this a good thing? Don't know much about all the different versions of vinyl.
    Post edited by Backspacer 76 on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    slh

Is this a good thing? Don't know much about all the different versions of vinyl.
    I don't think anyone has done a comparison yet. I believe @MedozK may have ordered both. This seems like something geared to the complete-ist collector.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Shipping confirmation emails on the Mad Season splatter & Raw Power red vinyl received!  =)
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    slh
    On the Missoula, what's the difference, if any? Better pressing?
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    demetrios said:
    Shipping confirmation emails on the Mad Season splatter & Raw Power red vinyl received!  =)
    Same here! Splatter yesterday, Raw Power just now..! Can't wait to spin! Don't own the regular version of either..

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    tbergs said:
    slh

I don't think anyone has done a comparison yet. I believe @MedozK may have ordered both. This seems like something geared to the complete-ist collector.
    Hmm .. if I order now will I be guaranteed to get the EU pressing from 10club? I wonder though if I buy now from the UK 10club store would that be cheaper to ship to Canada. 
    I have always wanted that splatter... damn it lol

Maybe it will be sprinkled in with the blacks as it was originally just random? Or maybe that's what they should have done to clear out all the original black pressings? 
  • jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 187
    Damn... so I missed on getting Vault #5 on vinyl for a reasonable-ish price? That's the only one STILL on my wantlist.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited April 2019
    tbergs said:
    slh

The exact same plates were used for both. Only difference is the EU version's vinyl comes in additional black sleeves. The US versions do not.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Where was all the outrage when Mike's Infinite Color vinyl was psst'd? This isn't even a Pearl Jam release, just another side project collectible, and the black version is available to purchase. 7 pages in this thread with so many commenters complaining they couldn't buy it because they weren't properly alerted. It's just stuff. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    hihobibo said:
    Where was all the outrage when Mike's Infinite Color vinyl was psst'd? This isn't even a Pearl Jam release, just another side project collectible, and the black version is available to purchase. 7 pages in this thread with so many commenters complaining they couldn't buy it because they weren't properly alerted. It's just stuff. 
    Some people like stuff.
    hihobibo said:
    Some people like stuff.
    I like stuff too, but when I don't get something because it sold out, I don't let it bother me and go on with my day. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,868
    hihobibo said:
    hihobibo said:
    Some people like stuff.
    I like stuff too, but when I don't get something because it sold out, I don't let it bother me and go on with my day. 
    Not really true. You make sure to take time to go into a thread and comment on how other people go about their day before you go on with yours.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    hihobibo said:
    hihobibo said:
    Some people like stuff.
    Not really true. You make sure to take time to go into a thread and comment on how other people go about their day before you go on with yours.
    Haha, you got me there bud. I'm offering my opinions and judgments for free though! :)
    hihobibo said:
    To clarify, i didn't complain at all... just bummed i missed the splatter, no big deal at all
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    hihobibo said:
    hihobibo said:
    Some people like stuff.
    I don't think anyone is really outraged. Upset or bugged that they missed things, sure.  Offering suggestions on how to better notify customers, sure.  There is nothing wrong with either.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I just posted in the wrong thread lol.  Vault six should be here in New Jersey Monday afternoon. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I have missed out on most random PSSSTs and im still 100% in favor of them.  Bots suck. Flippers suck.

keep it a surprise