Options

psst...4/15/2019

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    brianjonesbrianjones Posts: 234
    Just got hit with another $30 of import charges to Canada!?! Wtf? I order vinyls online probably 20-25 a year from everywhere around the globe and never had to pay customs. That vinyl is now stupid expensive. Would’ve been cheaper off ebay; which defeats the purpose...
    Paid more than the record itself in shipping:(
  • Options
    spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    splatter arrived with a red sticker, in case anyone else was worried multiple variants would arrive together and you wouldn't be able to tell them apart without opening. it also arrived separate from the purple, despite having ordered them together. thanks 10club!
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    Just got hit with another $30 of import charges to Canada!?! Wtf? I order vinyls online probably 20-25 a year from everywhere around the globe and never had to pay customs. That vinyl is now stupid expensive. Would’ve been cheaper off ebay; which defeats the purpose...
    Canada Customs has caught on to the 10 club name, pretty much everything from them is hit now.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    Canada Customs has caught on to the 10 club name, pretty much everything from them is hit now.
    But not on to Amazon.com or any record store (i.e. not individuals) ?  My friend working on boarder agents training tells me its because of how a package us labeled & declared. If you are taxed $32 on a $50 record someone messed up somewhere along the way... doesn’t matter who or the intention; the recipient bites the bullet...
    Clothing items tend to be hit the hardest by taxes, but never to that extent. 
    Anyhow, it is what it is but it still sux. The club’s s&h was already crazy expensive. Will buy my items off Discogs/ebay in the future. 
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Shipping to Australia is US$72.98 on top of the very reasonable price for the Vault (I’m looking at your #7). The cost of postage makes it untenable, unfortunately. Makes it AU$172, so cheap from eBay. 
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    Naked JohnNaked John Posts: 276
    I have missed out on most random PSSSTs and im still 100% in favor of them.  Bots suck. Flippers suck.

keep it a surprise  
    110%
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    I order two vaults on the same day, receive shipping email on the same day and only one arrives today. Strange 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    How many vinyl did you buy from the 10club? Were they all shipped in one cardboard box & what was the value put on the white custom form? 

Received the red splatter Mad Season vinyl today. Didn't get hit with any customs fees.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    How many vinyl did you buy from the 10club? Were they all shipped in one cardboard box & what was the value put on the white custom form? 

Received the red splatter Mad Season vinyl today. Didn't get hit with any customs fees.

I only  ordered one vault (3lp). Haven’t received it yet so I dunno about the white form. I was txted & emailed to pay in advance before it crossed the border. Still in transit as of today. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    La vault arrived in beautiful condition yesterday. Thank 10c!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited April 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    The best of all of the Vaults IMO
  • Options
    demetrios said:

I only  ordered one vault (3lp). Haven’t received it yet so I dunno about the white form. I was txted & emailed to pay in advance before it crossed the border. Still in transit as of today. 
    From UPS? Here's what you need to do so you only pay the taxes, that's it!

demetrios said:
    @Horse2345 .. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I did what you said. I self cleared my box set!
    I opened up a UPS My Choice account so I can pick up my Box Set at the local UPS facility.
    I called up UPS. I even emailed UPS. I requested the copy of customs declaration and the UPS form on the tracking #.
    That i'm self clearing my package.
    I received both forms via email. Printed them out & took them to my local CBSA customs office.
    They stamped everything. They completed & printed out the B-15 form.
    And I was charge there for $66.91 CDN total in GST/HST. Nova Scotia tax is 15%. Value of the Box Set is $446 CDN.
    $137.71 CDN is what UPS wanted from me in fees.
    I sent the scan photos to the UPS rep this morning via email. All went through.
    I went straight to the UPS center after work today & picked up my box set.
    No UPS charges. I just signed my name on their signature capture pad & was given the box set.
    Went back into my car excited with my 2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set & knowing I saved $70 bucks thanks to @Horse2345.

Try that & see if that works out so you don't have to pay $30 dollars to UPS.
    Good luck!

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    mcgruff10 said:
    The best of all of the Vaults IMO
    Agreed.  Since I was at the show I decided to get another one just in case. Only time I bought a backup to a vinyl. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

From UPS? Here's what you need to do so you only pay the taxes, that's it!

demetrios said:
    @Horse2345 .. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I did what you said. I self cleared my box set!
    I opened up a UPS My Choice account so I can pick up my Box Set at the local UPS facility.
    I called up UPS. I even emailed UPS. I requested the copy of customs declaration and the UPS form on the tracking #.
    That i'm self clearing my package.
    I received both forms via email. Printed them out & took them to my local CBSA customs office.
    They stamped everything. They completed & printed out the B-15 form.
    And I was charge there for $66.91 CDN total in GST/HST. Nova Scotia tax is 15%. Value of the Box Set is $446 CDN.
    $137.71 CDN is what UPS wanted from me in fees.
    I sent the scan photos to the UPS rep this morning via email. All went through.
    I went straight to the UPS center after work today & picked up my box set.
    No UPS charges. I just signed my name on their signature capture pad & was given the box set.
    Went back into my car excited with my 2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set & knowing I saved $70 bucks thanks to @Horse2345.

Try that & see if that works out so you don't have to pay $30 dollars to UPS.
    Good luck!

Crap. Problem is I already paid....
    but thanks. I’ll know for next time
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    Man, really glad people lowered my expectations on that Mad Season LP and said it didn't sound very good because when I put it on tonight I was pleasantly surprised by how good it sounded. Always nice to get some Cornell lead singing with an orchestra backing. Beautiful packaging and picture booklet inside. That red splatter looks rather lovely spinning on my turn table too. I'm going to be playing this one a lot. Thanks 10C!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145
    tbergs said:
    Man, really glad people lowered my expectations on that Mad Season LP and said it didn't sound very good because when I put it on tonight I was pleasantly surprised by how good it sounded. Always nice to get some Cornell lead singing with an orchestra backing. Beautiful packaging and picture booklet inside. That red splatter looks rather lovely spinning on my turn table too. I'm going to be playing this one a lot. Thanks 10C!
    Good to hear. I haven't had a chance to listen to my copy yet but I look forward to it.
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    I order two vaults on the same day, receive shipping email on the same day and only one arrives today. Strange 
    I bought 3 and only 1 arrived yesterday... 
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Anyone know when the Mad Season vinyl will ship?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    2nd of 3 arrived today.. I can only hope the 3rd one arrives tomorrow 
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    Which colour?
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    Both of mine had the same arrival expectancy, but one is stuck about 3 hours away from me still. At the same facility the other one had to go through to get to me. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    demetrios said:
    LukinFan said:
    Which colour?
    Just the black. I ordered two other items with it. They arrived earlier in the week but no Mad Season. I assumed they were going to ship separate? 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Looks like it's going to have to be an eBay purchase ! Shame I was on my holidays when the drop happened this time! That's the way it goes I guess... Just like Roma poster!!! 
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 346
    Got my splatter and purple today along with a +60€ customs fee ... bad luck :angry:
  • Options
    Both of mine had the same arrival expectancy, but one is stuck about 3 hours away from me still. At the same facility the other one had to go through to get to me. 
    my 3rd arrived today. It was Vault #5 (the 93 show). I now own vaults 4-8 on vinyl after being 5 years late to the party. Thanks Santos and 10 club. 
  • Options
    BH87446BH87446 Posts: 113
    Vaults 6-8 showed up in Sacramento yesterday! Super bummed I missed out on #5, though... 😢
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Splatter arrived today. Perfect condition
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    demetrios said:
    LukinFan said:
    Which colour?
    Just the black. I ordered two other items with it. They arrived earlier in the week but no Mad Season. I assumed they were going to ship separate? 
    Yes they were shipped out separately. They must of included a different tracking number on your shipping email on that vinyl.
  • Options
    Vault #6 arrived today! What a great sounding vinyl! The sound is so clean and the performance is amazing! Already becoming my favourite PJ record to spin.  The band is so tight. 
    The setlist is quite close to my first PJ concert: Montreal 98 a few weeks later.  Which makes it even more special. 

Question to Vault owners: how do you protect your record? What kinda sleeves do you use? 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Vault #6 arrived today! What a great sounding vinyl! The sound is so clean and the performance is amazing! Already becoming my favourite PJ record to spin.  The band is so tight. 
    The setlist is quite close to my first PJ concert: Montreal 98 a few weeks later.  Which makes it even more special. 

Question to Vault owners: how do you protect your record? What kinda sleeves do you use? 
    https://www.sleevecityusa.com/diskeeper-1-5-round-bottom-lp-sleeves-pack-of-50-p/312ncir.htm
    I find these to be the best option for inner sleeves.  The round bottom  ensures that corners don't get caught, crinkled, folded, or creased when slipping the records back into the individual jackets.

For outer sleeves, see our good friend Brothermoon's thread and jump on his list. He does great work on them with quality material.  You're not going to find a mass production sleeve that will fit the Vault binders.
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/260545/custom-poly-sleeves-for-vault-vinyls-new-pix-of-super-box-set-sleeves#latest