psst...4/15/2019

Comments

• my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    And as usual if you don't live on the internet/this board you miss out on everything, can we please change the pssts to text messages or emails for 10 club members who actually have to work and can't be online 24/7 so we have a chance to get these too?
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    my_wave said:
    And as usual if you don't live on the internet/this board you miss out on everything, can we please change the pssts to text messages or emails for 10 club members who actually have to work and can't be online 24/7 so we have a chance to get these too?
    Did you not even consider it a possibility that on the first business day after Record Store Day the Ten Club might offer some records? 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    my_wave said:
    What vinyl did you need?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited April 2019
    shecky said:
    my_wave said:
    Did you not even consider it a possibility that on the first business day after Record Store Day the Ten Club might offer some records? 

I’m not necessarily sure that is a fair response. Are you saying you don’t agree with his main sentiment?

I sure as heck didn’t expect it. And I lost out on something because of it. I don’t care as much and I have been quite lucky with other drops, but it still sucks that you have to be on here constantly to know. 
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    shecky said:
    my_wave said:

I did, that's why I started checking every few minutes after 8a PT. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    edited April 2019
    Missed this drop. Would have loved the splatter but oh well.

Vault plus shipping to Australia 
    $133.50. US which is around 190 aus
    i don’t remember any vault being that much,  I do have them all I just thought shipping was around $40.  
    Have to pass and hope for cheaper shipping for vault 9
    Post edited by gvn2fly12 on
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I got a splatter which I'll give a spin when I get it, but I mostly got it because it seemed to awesome to pass up. I've never heard that show and wanted to check it out on some pretty vinyl. If it doesn't float my boat, I'd be glad to pass along to someone who missed out today.

It's a hopeless situation...
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    tbergs said:
    I got a splatter which I'll give a spin when I get it, but I mostly got it because it seemed to awesome to pass up. I've never heard that show and wanted to check it out on some pretty vinyl. If it doesn't float my boat, I'd be glad to pass along to someone who missed out today.

Unfortunately it’s the whole lipstick on a pig thing....  it sure is beautiful to look at but the recording itself isn’t too amazing.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    shecky said:
    my_wave said:

When the thread is posted at 1.37am Sydney time, it’s pretty frustrating to keep missing out.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    Some flipper sold a splatter for $500 on the bay and 4 more are up for sale between $500 and $600.  I hate flippers!
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    tbergs said:

Unfortunately it’s the whole lipstick on a pig thing....  it sure is beautiful to look at but the recording itself isn’t too amazing.
    yea, sound is bad. But would love one as a collector. Missed today, it is what it is.
  • my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    shecky said:
    my_wave said:

No, I don't spend my days stalking the forum waiting for pssts, and I know by now that's how it works here, but it's extremely frustrating after years of this and after missing out on posters, limited edition items, etc all because I'm not sitting at my keyboard or living on my phone drooling and waiting for it to happen. This is the only fan club that releases merch this way and it's fucking bullshit in my opinion, just sick of missing out because I don't live on my phone. It must be nice to not have a job or have a job where you can obviously be online or be on your phone all day, but for those of us who can't it's a big middle finger to us, because it wouldn't be that hard to send an email or a text message, where I could at least be alerted to it, I'd even be happy with some kind of alert from the 10 club, but we all know that's never gonna happen... and my apologies, I'm just venting and frustrated over the way things are run and just sick of it, because for people like me, we have to go to ebay and pay five to ten times as much as it would have cost here and like some already know everything is listed right away and the 10 club and the band seem to have no problem with that because they already got their money, ok rant over... it is what is, just over it... 
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    Or you could just but a non limited copy and just enjoy the music, you don’t need to buy from a flipper.
    no matter what they do people are going to miss out and complain about how it was done.

the best thing they could do would be just to stop pressing any limited vinyl, then there would be nothing to complain about
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    my_wave said:
    shecky said:
    my_wave said:

No, I don't spend my days stalking the forum waiting for pssts, and I know by now that's how it works here, but it's extremely frustrating after years of this and after missing out on posters, limited edition items, etc all because I'm not sitting at my keyboard or living on my phone drooling and waiting for it to happen. This is the only fan club that releases merch this way and it's fucking bullshit in my opinion, just sick of missing out because I don't live on my phone. It must be nice to not have a job or have a job where you can obviously be online or be on your phone all day, but for those of us who can't it's a big middle finger to us, because it wouldn't be that hard to send an email or a text message, where I could at least be alerted to it, I'd even be happy with some kind of alert from the 10 club, but we all know that's never gonna happen... and my apologies, I'm just venting and frustrated over the way things are run and just sick of it, because for people like me, we have to go to ebay and pay five to ten times as much as it would have cost here and like some already know everything is listed right away and the 10 club and the band seem to have no problem with that because they already got their money, ok rant over... it is what is, just over it... 
    This is fair. I've lucked out many times, including today, but that is just cause I randomly checked the forums as I was beginning course prep. Maybe a weekly drop of "something" at a designated time so people know it is coming, can check if they like it, then buy or leave it? The randomness probably does minimize flipping though (although obviously not all of it)
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    edited April 2019
    Third man did that for awhile and now they’ve gone random as well.  If everybody knows when something is going to drop it obviously makes pretty difficult to get exclusive things, pretty much was who ever has the fastest internet connection won.  
    The last time I can remember there being a known, non 10th, was the mystery vinyl sale which was a complete disaster
    Post edited by apirk72 on
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I got text messages and emails from two other bands about their RSD specials.  I don't think that is an extraordinary thing to ask for. I'm not even a member of their forums, I'm just on their mailing list and they sent me a message. 

Just makes more sense to me. 

If we have pssts only, then it just saves me money. Some flipper got to buy the Vault I would have gotten so it's all good.

• Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    my_wave said:
    shecky said:
    my_wave said:

Totally disagree with this, you think it's hard getting stuff now, send out an email to everybody and their bots and you'll never get anything. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • kenkkenk Posts: 210
    For the people asking for email alerts, I think you severely underestimate how many 10 club members there are. You'll never get anything of everyone is aware of it. Plus as we all have seen with the poster drops, the site can't handle that many users hitting the shop at once. It would be a disaster.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    my_wave said:
    shecky said:
    my_wave said:

Text message is actually a great idea!  I'm fortunate that I can stalk the internet at work, but I do feel bad for those who can't because that wasn't always the case for me either.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Just follow one of the merchwhores on Twitter or something. And set it up to get an alert whenever s/he tweets. I'm not actively on Twitter, but I know people who are, and they get buzzed or dinged just like a text message when their people of interest post a tweet.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    my_wave said:
    shecky said:
    my_wave said:

Text message is actually a great idea!  I'm fortunate that I can stalk the internet at work, but I do feel bad for those who can't because that wasn't always the case for me either.
    I agree that a text message is a fair way to let all members of the 10Club decide if they want to attempt to get special items. Doesn't matter how many forum members there are; sending a text to each of us is basic task and gives everyone a chance.  Every 10Club member pays to belong and should be given the same heads up no matter what they are doing with their time. Everyone is equal and should be treated as such. 
    dankind said:
    Just follow one of the merchwhores on Twitter or something. And set it up to get an alert whenever s/he tweets. I'm not actively on Twitter, but I know people who are, and they get buzzed or dinged just like a text message when their people of interest post a tweet.
    That's a good idea if you are on Twitter and know who these people are - a really good idea. A lot of people are not on Twitter and do not know who these people are. Text messages are something everyone with a phone, I would guess 100% of 10club members, would get. Text messages are used by every type of business to reach customers instantly.
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Either way you'd have to act fast and still be lucky.. 
    I don't know how many splatters and vault 4's went up, but it can't have been many

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    TH113769 said:
    Some flipper sold a splatter for $500 on the bay and 4 more are up for sale between $500 and $600.  I hate flippers!
    Right? They could have posted it in Lost Dogs instead, saying they were giving true fans first crack at it. Then 6 of their friends would chime in on how great of a seller they are and it's a great deal because they heard one went for $1200 somewhere once.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    or done a for-profit  "waffle"
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    There have been text circles in the past about random drops. If you are implying the text should come from 10c that is beyond ridiculous. Everything that dropped was readily available in the past except some different colored records of a show with plenty of regular pressings. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    pjl44 said:
    TH113769 said:
    Right? They could have posted it in Lost Dogs instead, saying they were giving true fans first crack at it. Then 6 of their friends would chime in on how great of a seller they are and it's a great deal because they heard one went for $1200 somewhere once.
    Lol
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Either way you'd have to act fast and still be lucky.. 
    I don't know how many splatters and vault 4's went up, but it can't have been many
    Id say quite a few as it they were not instant sell outs like the way posters do.
    Kearnsy
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    Are Vault 4 and Splatters the only ones sold out? And call me dumb but what's the difference between the Splatter and the black vinyl. I just like the show, so I don't care (got the black) but is there any real difference?
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    pjl44 said:
    TH113769 said:
    Lol
    Lol