A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    tbergs said:
    Shit is going to hit the fan when Sam tells John he is throwing shots into his auntie
    GOT, where's it's normal to have sexual relations with numerous members of your family tree.
    Come on....if Khaleesi or Cersei were in your family....
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hahaha.
    That's how it works in Indiana.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    tbergs said:
    Shit is going to hit the fan when Sam tells John he is throwing shots into his auntie
    GOT, where's it's normal to have sexual relations with numerous members of your family tree.
    Come on....if Khaleesi or Cersei were in your family....
    Yeah, I'd probably pretend I didn't know we were related either. Although there seemed to be plenty to pick from between the sand snakes, Margaery, Ygritte, Melisandre, Missundai and little fingers brothel collective. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Hahaha.
    That's how it works in Indiana.
    What? There are Khaleesi equivalents in Indiana? I have GOT to start going to those damn reunions! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    :lol:
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Chugging wine.  That is funny stuff.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Watched battle of the bastards tonight.

Holy shit.  Best episode of anything ever.  Didnt think hardhome could be topped
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    After how many years now(?), I cannot wait to watch this show all nonplussed and ask my wife who so and so character is and why s/he is plotting against so and so. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Rewatched S7 w/one episode left so I hopefully can remember everything needed.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Did the exact same thing past few days....just have the finale left to watch.  And I still found myself constantly on wikipedia looking shit up...
    Did the exact same thing past few days....just have the finale left to watch.  And I still found myself constantly on wikipedia looking shit up...
    Yeah, I read all of the books multiple times.  The first 3 probably 4 times each.  Still have questions, lol.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    It doesn't help when they suddenly change actors and some guy youve never seen pops up before.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Just finished the series for the second time last night. Watched with my son, his 1st time. This show is so good. Any chance Tyrion is in on the ruse with Cersei?

Also, anyone think Euron is bringing over Dario with the Second Sons?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Not me, Tyrion is in the right camp, especially when it comes to light that he is part of Dany's family tree.  (His momma hooked up with a blonde dude at some point, which is really why his father hated him so much.)
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited April 2019
    If Tyrion is a Targaryen it completely ruins his arc. Him being Tywin’s only trueborn and the twins being fathered by Aerys would fit much better if we’re going with Lannister’s as hidden Targs. 

There arw are just so many ludicrous theories driven by the long wait and over analysis of the material we have.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
    DewieCox said:
    If Tyrion is a Targaryen it completely ruins his arc. Him being Tywin’s only trueborn and the twins being fathered by Aerys would fit much better if we’re going with Lannister’s as hidden Targs. 

There arw are just so many ludicrous theories driven by the long wait and over analysis of the material we have.
    I feel like that one was dangled during the books moreso than the show. 
    At this point there is not much that could ruin Tyrion for me.  Dude is awesome.
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    edited April 2019
    Just finished my rewatch of the entire series, man there were tons of things i forgot.

Stay away from spoilers sites and reddit, the whole first episode was pretty much spoiled already.

NYPJ
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    wall232 said:
    Just finished my rewatch of the entire series, man there were tons of things i forgot.

Stay away from spoilers sites and reddit, the whole first episode was pretty much spoiled already.

I'm trying to get through them all.  I'm currently on season 6 episode 2.
    Don't know if I'm going to make it in time!   
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Fingers crossed that Euron Greyjoy dies within the first episode and doesn't end up being one of the final bad guys.  Possibly the worst casting choice outside of Ed Sheeran and the Bud Light Knight.  
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Also calling Daario Naharis returning as the captain of the Golden Company
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    They showed the Golden Company in the trailer. A guy that looked like Jaime Lannister appeared to be leading.
    I like the Euron casting but they made him soooo clowny. I think the actor could’ve pulled off a completely dark take on the character.

DewieCox said:

I feel like that one was dangled during the books moreso than the show. 
    At this point there is not much that could ruin Tyrion for me.  Dude is awesome.

I still think there’s very little to go on. For me, their relationship is such an identifying factor in both of their characters it would detract if they went with such an unnecessary plot twist.
    Ed Sheeran as the campfire singing Lannister cracked me up.
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    mca47 said:
    wall232 said:

You're almost there, a few late nights and you'll be good to go. 

I read somewhere that George R.R. Martin said that everyone should at least try to rewatch the first season as a lot of the things are foreshadowed there.
    NYPJ
    Not me, Tyrion is in the right camp, especially when it comes to light that he is part of Dany's family tree.  (His momma hooked up with a blonde dude at some point, which is really why his father hated him so much.)
    It was just the way Tyrion looked at the room after Dany and Jon went in.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    I agree that Euron has been terribly portrayed in the show.   
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    MayDay10 said:
    I'll go one further and say the entire Greyjoy clan has been a drag for years. The fact that we've had to endure Theon this long is ridiculous and then they go and introduce over-the-top super bad guy Euron to annoy us more. They should all be white walker bait.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I'll go one further and say the entire Greyjoy clan has been a drag for years. The fact that we've had to endure Theon this long is ridiculous and then they go and introduce over-the-top super bad guy Euron to annoy us more. They should all be white walker bait.
    Yeah, I was going to expand a bit, but didnt.

The Iron-Islands arc works in the book, but it is possibly the weakest story line.  A lot of the best parts are Aeron Damphair and some of the ritualistic and predisposition background info the peoples are to be a kingdom of pirates basically.   Not sure it could really be translated well to the television.  Euron's band of mutants and scum was/is cool.... but post twisting Theon into a treacherous tool, the Iron Islands don't serve too much purpose.  They seemed to try to eliminate everything and just try to make Euron over-the top to compensate for the lack of Iron Islands world-building you get in the reading.

Theon's POV and arc back in the 5th book is a high point, so I dont mind having him around.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    wall232 said:
    mca47 said:
    wall232 said:

You're almost there, a few late nights and you'll be good to go. 

I read somewhere that George R.R. Martin said that everyone should at least try to rewatch the first season as a lot of the things are foreshadowed there.
    Yeah, this Friday and Saturday nights are going to be long ones!  Been knocking out 1-2 episodes a night most nights.
    Season 6 episode 5 or so...
    Must finish...!
    So my son asked me last night and I totally forget, where in the story line do the books end?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer