Don Mattingly Appreciation Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Posada joining the front office. Possibly to take over as manager next year?
    If you want your boy to succeed, wouldn't this be a good thing? He'll never win with the Marlins. 
    Not many teams are going to be hiring old school type managers. Even if they agree to adapt to analytics they'll just hire someone with no managing experience and get orders from above. It's worked with the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, and Astros.
    Also they're changing the culture and getting younger and who knows if these guys end up being really good and someone else gets to benefit from it like Roberts in L.A. or Torre with the Yankees
    This franchise blows. Mattingly has no shot of succeeding here. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    If you want your boy to succeed, wouldn't this be a good thing? He'll never win with the Marlins. 
    Not many teams are going to be hiring old school type managers. Even if they agree to adapt to analytics they'll just hire someone with no managing experience and get orders from above. It's worked with the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, and Astros.
    Also they're changing the culture and getting younger and who knows if these guys end up being really good and someone else gets to benefit from it like Roberts in L.A. or Torre with the Yankees
    His best bet if he has a choice is to stay and continue with this team. Giants and Royals might have openings next year
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    His best bet if he has a choice is to stay and continue with this team. Giants and Royals might have openings next year
    FINGERS CROSSED!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I can guaran-fucking-tee you he will never manage the Giants.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

They'll probably hire a 30 year old former minor leaguer the way things are going now
    I miss igotid88
    Igotid....I am curious since you're also a Yankees fan. How many of these Marlins games did you sit through last year just because Don Mattingly is the manager?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited February 2019
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

They'll probably hire a 30 year old former minor leaguer the way things are going now

edit

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Igotid....I am curious since you're also a Yankees fan. How many of these Marlins games did you sit through last year just because Don Mattingly is the manager?
    Not a lot. I'll just follow on mlb at bat unless there's a free game
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Not a lot. I'll just follow on mlb at bat unless there's a free game
    touche

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2019
    2019 predictions
    Fivethirtyeight 64-98
    Rotoworld 66-96
    Fangraphs 65-97

So they need to be better than 65 wins

I miss igotid88
    2-2 to start
    I miss igotid88
    Lewis Brinson in 445 at bats(475 PA) has yet to have an average at or above .200
    I miss igotid88
    This game proved that the Marlins prospects suck compared to the Mets. Alonso has already done more than Brian Anderson and Lewis Brinson
    I miss igotid88
    Brinson batting over .200 in a season for the first time
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Things are looking up!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Tough loss. 14 men left on base. 15 hits. 2 hard hit outs in the 9th. One of which ended in a double play
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Things are looking up!
    Luckily Washington and Atlanta are playing worse for now
    I miss igotid88
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Things are looking up!
    Luckily Washington and Atlanta are playing worse for now
    they're not playing worst they're just playing the best team in baseball right now :wink:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    igotid88 said:
    Other than the Knicks, Threads I have started resulted in a championship(s). Although it won't happen this year and next as the team is going to get rid of more of their best players. And with 1 more year left on his contract. Here's hoping they can give him an extension as Mattingly could have left last season when they were selling off their best assets and decided to stay. 
    besides the Yanks and Knicks threads what other ones have you started?
    The yanks thread you started didn't you do that AFTER they won? Looks like you started that in Nov. '09 unless you started another one before this one I wouldn't count it as a thread that has resulted in a championship.  Just saying.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited April 2019
    igotid88 said:
    Other than the Knicks, Threads I have started resulted in a championship(s). Although it won't happen this year and next as the team is going to get rid of more of their best players. And with 1 more year left on his contract. Here's hoping they can give him an extension as Mattingly could have left last season when they were selling off their best assets and decided to stay. 
    besides the Yanks and Knicks threads what other ones have you started?
    The yanks thread you started didn't you do that AFTER they won? Looks like you started that in Nov. '09 unless you started another one before this one I wouldn't count it as a thread that has resulted in a championship.  Just saying.

Yes I was doing one for each year. Someone else (Allie or something like that) was doing a Yankees thread before. Then instead of starting a new one. I just made it official
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    Finally beat the Braves yesterday
    I miss igotid88
    edited April 2019
    So many hard hits in big spots that resulted in outs this season so far
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    Urena still hasn't improved. Thought when he had some strong starts late last year that he figured it out. And Chen is still a disappointment 

I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    So many hard hits in big spots that resulted in outs this season so far

you’re they only one who would know.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Knew they were going to lose with only a 1 run lead. Still can't believe they traded Yelich for Brinson. Something they didn't need to do. 
    I miss igotid88
    Fired the hitting coach Pags on Friday
    I miss igotid88
    Mic caught Mattingly cursing at HP Umpire Jeff Nelson
    I miss igotid88
    The Braves are a pain in the Marlins arse
    I miss igotid88