'Multiple fatalities' after shootings at mosques in New Zealand, police say Social Sharing

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Why does someone need to comment on a news story that had happened within the hour, or at all?  H2M just wants people to comment so he can pick apart the comments to start an argument...correct??? Some people want to sit and argue all day on here, well actually one...
    I would have to argue with you on that but I only argue during the even hours of the day and it's in the eleventh hour in on the west coast on this fine Saturday evening.  If I'm still up at 12, I'll give you a run for your money!
    LOL.  That's confusing as hell.  
    Simple logic, my friend.  Arguing during even hours at least gives you an even chance of winning the argument.  Arguing during odd hours give the impression that you are an odd ball and so you've lost before you even get out of the gate. 
    I have decided to post random news stories that have 0 to do with the thread topic but will make myself available for discussion every year on March 30th...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    goldrush said:
    E.K said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The kid took a couple of good shots to the noggin...hope the egg was worth the assault charge.
    I bet it was.
    (Though I read he wasn't charged I think? If not, probably very much worth the risk, lol)
    The boy with the egg was not charged.. and that scummy racist politician should be ashamed of himself for attacking a child.  
    The kid is 17, he is no child.  
    As much as Fraser Anning is a racist piece of shit, there’s no excuse for attacking someone in public office. What if the kid had a knife instead of an egg? Worst case scenario then is a political assassination, and the piece of shit becomes a martyr.
    Agreed.  I tend to think the 17-year-old was looking for attention, he found it.
    Him filming it shows he wanted attention. If he was just doing it for a political move, no cell phone camera would have been used.

But really who cares one way or the other. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    Sorry... but great police work would have been shooting this shitbird in the head.

Why are we getting post event opportunities for this loser to continue to demonstrate his madness?

Black toddlers are getting shot for playing with toy guns on park benches, but white mass murderers command restraint?

He is a lower form of life than a maggot and we have no problems cleansing ourselves of maggots.

Save the ‘due process’ comments. This guy is a piece of shit and should have been shot dead on the spot.
    Now he will get to spread through his hate through trial, if so chooses, and I susspect he will...
    he sacked his lawyer and has chosen to represent himself. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Sorry... but great police work would have been shooting this shitbird in the head.

Why are we getting post event opportunities for this loser to continue to demonstrate his madness?

Black toddlers are getting shot for playing with toy guns on park benches, but white mass murderers command restraint?

He is a lower form of life than a maggot and we have no problems cleansing ourselves of maggots.

Save the ‘due process’ comments. This guy is a piece of shit and should have been shot dead on the spot.
    Now he will get to spread through his hate through trial, if so chooses, and I susspect he will...
    Is he sane enough to even stand trial?

hes gone no matter who represents him. Over 40 life sentences for him. I dont what the charges will be but surely he'll be charged as a terrorist 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Is there any info to suggest he isn’t? I haven’t read the so called manifesto, but I haven’t heard that it contains anything suggesting mental illness. Being a violent white supremacist isn’t a mental illness. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

"he who represents himself has a fool for a client" -Lincoln

Give Peas A Chance…

These guys usually want to represent themselves. It’s their big chance at a public platform. And yes, they generally do a terrible job. 
    This would seem like the perfect case to test out the terrorism law.  But either way 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/111336144/christchurch-shooter-faces-extraordinary-jail-sentence

Christchurch shooter faces 'extraordinary' jail sentence

Auckland University law professor Bill Hodge said it would be risky for the Crown to attempt to use terrorism laws to try the man, and he would instead expect them to pursue multiple murder charges against the accused.

The Terrorism Suppression Act 2002 has rarely been used and Hodge said the majority of prosecution lawyers would have little working knowledge of the statute, whereas all would be well versed in the Crimes Act.

"There are plenty of tools. We are not short of good statutes under the Crimes Act, and we've got clarity with that, whereas the Terrorism Suppression Act is relatively novel," Hodge said.

I would not want to test a law that has not been used with this case - I am old fashioned... let's stick with murder, we know how it works, the police know how to develop evidence for a murder case, so you go with murder."

Give Peas A Chance…

These guys usually want to represent themselves. It’s their big chance at a public platform. And yes, they generally do a terrible job. 
    He knows he is going to jail for a long time, hopefully, life...so he is going to use the trial to spread hate. at least that's what I figure.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    he has already been charged with one murder so far.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

He knows he is going to jail for a long time, hopefully, life...so he is going to use the trial to spread hate. at least that's what I figure.  
    That's really what's going on here. This guy will now get to talk as much as he is able and you can guarantee what he will say will be hateful and look to incite and hurt people further. If a pile of shit like this is going to stand trial, then they should be gagged the entire time unless they take the witness stand and then there should be someone standing right next to him throughout his testimony and spraying his face with mace and pistol whipping him anytime he veers off course. Forget about contempt of court. There should be no publication or headlines about what this jackass has to say anymore. He should have lost his right to talk when he chose to silence others with his arsenal of weapons. He's trash and should be thrown away in a hole to rot up until he dies. Warmth, light, comfort; forget it asshole.
    It's a hopeless situation...

Is there any info to suggest he isn’t? I haven’t read the so called manifesto, but I haven’t heard that it contains anything suggesting mental illness. Being a violent white supremacist isn’t a mental illness. 

When someone represents themselves I question their sanity.
    No one wanted to discuss what happened to Chelsea Clinton, huh?

When someone represents themselves I question their sanity.
    Circular argument, then. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2019
    I really really didn't agree with her remarks about Omar (or anyone else's that ran along the same lines - the Dems fucked up on that one), and I also think the people asking her to leave a vigil were acting like total shithead idiots, although I can understand why emotions were running high among Muslims at that time.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    PJ_Soul said:
    I really really didn't agree with her remarks about Omar (or anyone else's that ran along the same lines - the Dems fucked up on that one), and I also think the people asking her to leave a vigil were acting like total shithead idiots. Nothing much controversial about this story IMO.
    I also didn't understand the backlash for Omar.

And I didnt even understand what that self-important brat was yelling at C.Clinton about.  It made no sense to me....calling out what you believe to be anti-semitic means you are ok with threats/death of muslims?  Really?  What a dumbass.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    I really really didn't agree with her remarks about Omar (or anyone else's that ran along the same lines - the Dems fucked up on that one), and I also think the people asking her to leave a vigil were acting like total shithead idiots. Nothing much controversial about this story IMO.
    I also didn't understand the backlash for Omar.

And I didnt even understand what that self-important brat was yelling at C.Clinton about.  It made no sense to me....calling out what you believe to be anti-semitic means you are ok with threats/death of muslims?  Really?  What a dumbass.
    Agreed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    $56,000 was raised in a go fund me page for egg boy for legal help. He has chosen not to take any of it and donate all to the victims of Christchurch. He also didnt press charges against the senator. Right or wrong I couldn't believe what comes out of the senator Annings mouth. He is utter filth and has so many red neck followers. The amount of people in Australia who support him and also the shooter is appalling. 
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1438657576275745&id=407570359384477
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    "He is a terrorist. He is a criminal. He is an extremist. But he will, when I speak, be nameless"

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has said she will never speak the name of the Australian man charged over last Friday’s Christchurch massacre, because he had sought notoriety by his actions.

"That is why you will never hear me mention his name. He is a terrorist. He is a criminal. He is an extremist. But he will, when I speak, be nameless," she said in her first address to Parliament since the atrocity.

She called on New Zealanders to do the same. "Speak the name of those who were lost, rather than of the man who took them," she said.

"One of the roles I never anticipated having, and hoped never to have, is to voice the grief of a nation.

"And in this role, I wanted to speak directly to the families. We cannot know your grief, but we can walk with you at every stage. We can. And we will surround you with aroha [love], manaakitanga [kindness, support] and all that makes us, us. Our hearts are heavy but our spirit is strong."

https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceania/you-will-never-hear-me-mention-his-name-nz-pm-refuses-to-speak-accused-gunman-s-name-20190319-p515hx.html

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    "He is a terrorist. He is a criminal. He is an extremist. But he will, when I speak, be nameless"

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has said she will never speak the name of the Australian man charged over last Friday’s Christchurch massacre, because he had sought notoriety by his actions.

"That is why you will never hear me mention his name. He is a terrorist. He is a criminal. He is an extremist. But he will, when I speak, be nameless," she said in her first address to Parliament since the atrocity.

She called on New Zealanders to do the same. "Speak the name of those who were lost, rather than of the man who took them," she said.

"One of the roles I never anticipated having, and hoped never to have, is to voice the grief of a nation.

"And in this role, I wanted to speak directly to the families. We cannot know your grief, but we can walk with you at every stage. We can. And we will surround you with aroha [love], manaakitanga [kindness, support] and all that makes us, us. Our hearts are heavy but our spirit is strong."

https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceania/you-will-never-hear-me-mention-his-name-nz-pm-refuses-to-speak-accused-gunman-s-name-20190319-p515hx.html

She sounds like an amazing person.

New Zealand should be proud to have her as a leader.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    goldrush said:

She is a great example of how to be a leader
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I am sincerely in awe of her composure and compassion. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    No doubt this world needs more leaders like her !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    America in particular 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    America in particular 

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    We want her to adopt Australia!!!!! Nothing but a bunch of clowns running our country.
  • goldrush said:

Meh

I kinda like the US’ leader. You know... that fat guy with the weird hair who says really dumb things all the time when he isn’t lying.

He makes the US great.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    We are very proud of our PM. Politics are politics, her policies are no different in that we'll all support some of them and vehemently oppose others. That's the hard part. But carrying the role of a country's leader with dignity and grace should be the easy part. She has totally and utterly excelled in that. It just astounds me that there are heads of state that just seem unable to do that. Three of which come to mind straight off the bat. The frustrating thing is that as much as a leader's political beliefs differ to yours, you should be at least safe in the knowledge that they will carry themselves with humility and grace and not embarrass the hell out of your country. Sadly there are too many countries whose leaders do not do their country justice. So massive kudos to Jacinda. She has shown that although in some way our country has lost its innocence, it has not lost its dignity.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
         New Zealand's Prime Minister announces ban on all assault rifles following massacre https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/20/asia/new-zealand-christchurch-gun-ban-intl/index.html