What happened to the guy who sued Ticketmaster???

Comments

• just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,905
    He changed....
  • GV658068GV658068 Posts: 10
    just_one said:
    He changed....
    Not for the good i guess.. 
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    They are very expensive. Cant understand it
     Very little production.  It's the biggest arena in Ireland. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

Aren't all the prices top tier?
    There are cheaper seats available in general.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    In fairness to Eddie, it is Jeff on Sirius XM Pearl Jam radio who constantly tells me how they fight to keep prices down for the fans. Gotcha!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    1995 is a long time ago, people change.  I know I am not the same person so I am guessing Ed isn’t either.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited March 2019
    Just a reminder that TM does NOT set ticket prices.
    This is, more often than not, a decision made between the promoter, management, and the artist.

Service charges are set by TM. Often in conjunction with the venue, promoter, management,  and the artist.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    mcgruff10 said:
    1995 is a long time ago, people change.  I know I am not the same person so I am guessing Ed isn’t either.  

I have no idea why, what, where....This guy is suing ticketmaster.

But I am pretty sure I can figure it out....

That said...In the year 2019, paying $150 or so for a ticket to see Eddie Vedder? That's sounds about right.

Its not 1995

Its not 2005

Its not 2015

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Just a reminder that TM does NOT set ticket prices.
    This is, more often than not, a decision made between the promoter, management, and the artist.

Service charges are set by TM. Often in conjunction with the venue, promoter, management,  and the artist.
    And that’s only if the artist has clout 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    mcgruff10 said:

That said...In the year 2019, paying $150 or so for a ticket to see Eddie Vedder? That's sounds about right.

Its not 1995

Its not 2005

Its not 2015

I know it's smaller venues and will probably sell out, but personally I cannot wrap my head around paying more for an EV solo show than a Pearl Jam show.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Its not 1995

Its not 2005

Its not 2015

I know it's smaller venues and will probably sell out, but personally I cannot wrap my head around paying more for an EV solo show than a Pearl Jam show.

I see your point. And its a good point. But $150 for a concert ticket, in my eyes, is a fair price in this day and age.

I always go back to the fact that people here will spend thousands of dollars on posters, stickers, downloads, shirts, socks etc. Yet complain that the concert ticket is $150. I just don't get it. Never have, Never will.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    He never sued Ticketmaster 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Jesus Christ not this god damn argument again.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I just wish he'd tour the US for a change.
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Its not 1995

Its not 2005

Its not 2015

I see your point. And its a good point. But $150 for a concert ticket, in my eyes, is a fair price in this day and age.

I always go back to the fact that people here will spend thousands of dollars on posters, stickers, downloads, shirts, socks etc. Yet complain that the concert ticket is $150. I just don't get it. Never have, Never will.

I go to 50-60 shows per year. Took a quick look through my last two years and, a couple festivals aside, I only paid around that for 3 shows:

Guns N' Roses in an arena
    Roger Waters in an arena
    Nine Inch Nails in a theater

Believe me, if it sells out (and it probably will) then maybe the tickets are priced too low! But that would definitely be high enough for me to tap out if it were here in Boston. Not on the same level as those 3 shows for me. But I do completely understand if it is for others.
  • GV658068GV658068 Posts: 10
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Its not 1995

Its not 2005

Its not 2015

That's what I'm saying:
    Eddie Vedder show: 165$ (Amsterdam) - Max 2 hours music

Pearl jam show: 100$ (Amsterdam) - almost 3 hours of music

?
    If you guys don't like the prices don't go.  You are the consumer.  
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    mcgruff10 said:

Obviously everyone has that choice, but it doesn't mean that PJ/EV are above any criticism.  $165 USD for an EV solo show is pretty crazy...
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    mcgruff10 said:

Obviously everyone has that choice, but it doesn't mean that PJ/EV are above any criticism.  $165 USD for an EV solo show is pretty crazy...
    I'll admit I was surprised by the price too. I'd pay it for a US show, but still surprised by it. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    its a joke
    danny d
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    mcgruff10 said:

I'll admit I was surprised by the price too. I'd pay it for a US show, but still surprised by it. 

Yeah that would be a tough call for me to pay that much for an EV show.  And I’m not one of these guys that gets all pissed about Eddie and the boys not being the same guys they were in 1995 and fucking around with Ticketmaster. But this all just feeds into the new PJ/EV era of making as much money as possible(festivals/stadiums) while playing as few shows as possible.  It sucks but it is what it is at this point.  

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Its not 1995

Its not 2005

Its not 2015

Thats what I was thinking. I can tell you the exact date and location of every PJ show, but I can't even remember how many EV solo shows I've been to, and that number is much lower. 19 PJ shows and either 3, 4 or 5 solo (I can't even remember) thats how much better the full band is to me. I'd pay that price to see PJ, but would probably pass on EV.
    mcgruff10 said:

Totally agree.  But if people are that outraged don't go and maybe when seats don't sell ed and company will get the message.  I for one would never spend $165 to see ed solo live.  
    mace1229 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Its not 1995

Its not 2005

Its not 2015

Thats what I was thinking. I can tell you the exact date and location of every PJ show, but I can't even remember how many EV solo shows I've been to, and that number is much lower. 19 PJ shows and either 3, 4 or 5 solo (I can't even remember) thats how much better the full band is to me. I'd pay that price to see PJ, but would probably pass on EV.
    Funny thing is I've much preferred the other guys' side projects live. Tres Mts a few years back was incredible. Give me another one of those for 30 or 40 bucks all day.

It's the same with My Morning Jacket for me. Jim's solo shows are mediocre to good. Saw Carl in a small club and he destroyed. I think my draw to these bands is much more guitar-driven.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    I think one thing to take into consideration is that these are big overseas shows and that means a lot of people are involved in every aspect of putting on productions like these. These people need to make a decent wage and I'm just going to assume that they're are being paid a good rate for their work. I'm not picturing Ed sitting on a pile of gold in his castle maniacally laughing.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    seems a pretty fair indication of what the next PJ ticket price will be.
    edited March 2019
    Or you all could just wait for the Ticketmaster sale and pay the cheaper prices. There will be 3-4 levels of tickets for a lot of the shows. The venues are large, but most of them not big enough to have what we consider nosebleeds.

eddiec said:
    Or you all could just wait for the Ticketmaster sale and pay the cheaper prices. There will be 3-4 levels of tickets for a lot of the shows. The venues are large, but most of them not big enough to have what we consider nosebleeds.

I didn't realize there were different levels of pricing, good call.

Ten Club Ticket Locations: Seating assignments for EV solo shows are not seniority based. Seats are assigned at random and mixed in with the general public. Ten Club tickets are being held in the top price level of each venue, meaning the price level that is closest to the stage. Tickets in all price levels will be available through the public sale. All EV solo shows are entirely seated. The time and date that you enter the drawing has no affect on your chances of being drawn or your seat location.

• hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    pjl44 said:

I go to 50-60 shows per year. Took a quick look through my last two years and, a couple festivals aside, I only paid around that for 3 shows:

You hit up a show a week? Are you including places that have local live music (cover bands) in that as well? That's amazing if it is only "real" bands (by that I mean bands who make all their money in music, and not people like me who play in a bar once every 2 months).