Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    igotid88 said:
    Black Panther first comic book based movie to be nominated for Best Picture Oscar. While I liked the movie I didn't see this as the best of all the Marvel lr DC movies. Thought Dark Knight or Iron Man would get a nod first
    Pretty sure politics has something to do with it.

Great movie though.  Thought Infinity was better.
    As a fan of comic books as a kid but also someone who’s only seen maybe five Marvel films, the Christopher Reeves Superman movies, the Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan Batman films, and Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman, I would say that Black Panther is a better overall film than any of the ones mentioned above. I think if you take away Heath Ledger’s performance in Dark Knight, you’ve got a pretty mediocre script guided by an incredibly overbearing director. Iron Man was loud, dumb fun, but I recall Tony Stark being much more interesting than Iron Man.

I haven’t seen Infinity War because I doubt I’ll have any idea just what the hell is going on. So I would guess that while Infinity War may be the better Marvel movie, Black Panther is a better movie overall. I recognize that some of the scenes and characters might be enhanced by seeing other Marvel movies, but I will say that nothing was lost from not seeing other Marvel movies. I don’t think that the same thing could be said for Infinity War.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    igotid88 said:
    The Punisher and Jessica Jones cancelled by Netflix. Saw this coming
    Yeah not surprising at all.  And unfortunately it doesn't sound like any of these series will be coming to the new Disney streaming service.  Daredevil and The Punisher were my 2 favorites out of all the Netflix streaming series.  Jessica Jones was pretty good too....Luke Cage was ok and Iron Fist was pretty rough.  And The Defenders was pretty bad.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    igotid88 said:
    Yeah not surprising at all.  And unfortunately it doesn't sound like any of these series will be coming to the new Disney streaming service.  Daredevil and The Punisher were my 2 favorites out of all the Netflix streaming series.  Jessica Jones was pretty good too....Luke Cage was ok and Iron Fist was pretty rough.  And The Defenders was pretty bad.
    Took an Amazon Prime survey recently where they asked many questions about these shows...what I watched, what I was interested in, etc....wonder if Amazon is considering funding and then showing them.  Hope so!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    igotid88 said:
    Took an Amazon Prime survey recently where they asked many questions about these shows...what I watched, what I was interested in, etc....wonder if Amazon is considering funding and then showing them.  Hope so!
    It'll either be Hulu which Disney will own 60% or Disney+.
    I miss igotid88
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    igotid88 said:
    Interesting.  I read something that even if they wanted to continue with these characters on another service they'd have to wait at least a couple years since Netflix has the rights to these characters or something like that.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    igotid88 said:
    Interesting.  I read something that even if they wanted to continue with these characters on another service they'd have to wait at least a couple years since Netflix has the rights to these characters or something like that.  
    Could be they want to launch a rival type of show since it appears (as shared above by igotid) that Hulu/Disney +.  Gotta imagine Disney would like to make the money Amazon might pay, but also gotta imagine they would not want their rival to show their properties.

DC, perhaps?
    igotid88 said:
    Could be they want to launch a rival type of show since it appears (as shared above by igotid) that Hulu/Disney +.  Gotta imagine Disney would like to make the money Amazon might pay, but also gotta imagine they would not want their rival to show their properties.

DC, perhaps?
    DC has their own streaming service
    I miss igotid88
    DC has a streaming service?
    Never heard of it.  Guessing that is not a good thing for them!
    Regardless, I hate that DD, JJ, and The Punisher are no longer.
    DC has a streaming service?
    Never heard of it.  Guessing that is not a good thing for them!
    Regardless, I hate that DD, JJ, and The Punisher are no longer.
    Yea they have original programming and old dc tv shows and movies
    I miss igotid88
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    igotid88 said:
    Season 3 of Jessica Jones is still going to air later this year, so that will be the last Netflix/Marvel series
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    I saw Captain Marvel this weekend.

I won't throw any spoilers yet but I really want to chat about this movie.

Also, I want A Flerken!!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited March 2019

Also, I want A Flerken!!
    I was suppose to watch it Saturday. But for some reason I had troubles leaving my sofa, so I skipped it.

But will watch it Friday. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Also, I want A Flerken!!

Just got back from seeing Captain Marvel. I really enjoyed it, and I thought Brie Larson was very good in it.
    Can’t wait til we can talk about this!

I will say it’s just as important to pay attention from the very beginning. The title card sequence is really, reallly cool.

(Tim Rogers)
    Loved it. But like with all movies now the screen is too dark. Not the whole movie. But you can barely see what's happening. They showed the trailer for the new Godzilla movie. It was all dark
    I miss igotid88
    There’s another Marvel movie!?! Man, they really crank these motherfuckers out. I saw Ant-Man and the Wasp on Friday. I had no idea why he was under house arrest and the whole thing with Captain America. It’s fucking pointless to watch a lot of these movies if you miss one. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    There’s another Marvel movie!?! Man, they really crank these motherfuckers out. I saw Ant-Man and the Wasp on Friday. I had no idea why he was under house arrest and the whole thing with Captain America. It’s fucking pointless to watch a lot of these movies if you miss one. 
    You didn't see Ant-Man?
    I miss igotid88
    edited March 2019
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    You didn't see Ant-Man?
    I saw Ant-Man, but I don't remember any of it taking place in Germany with Captain America or him committing any federal offenses that would put him under federal house arrest.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    goldrush said:

Also, I want A Flerken!!

Just got back from seeing Captain Marvel. I really enjoyed it, and I thought Brie Larson was very good in it.
    Can’t wait til we can talk about this!

I will say it’s just as important to pay attention from the very beginning. The title card sequence is really, reallly cool.
    I'll be chatting this weekend on this movie.

I've a wee bit to say.

A couple Easter eggs I noticed.
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    You didn't see Ant-Man?
    I saw Ant-Man, but I don't remember any of it taking place in Germany with Captain America or him committing any federal offenses that would put him under federal house arrest.
    He was in Captain America Civil War
    I miss igotid88
    edited March 2019
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    You didn't see Ant-Man?
    Oh, well, that pretty much explains my nonplussed-ness. I shouldn't have to watch a Captain America film to understand what's going on in an Ant-Man film.

Oddly enough, despite Cap being my favorite Marvel superhero growing up, I have yet to see a Captain America film -- that is, other than the first Avengers movie; he was in that obviously.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I'm looking forward to seeing the Amazing General Slugman in summer 2020. 
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    You didn't see Ant-Man?
    Oh, well, that pretty much explains my nonplussed-ness. I shouldn't have to watch a Captain America film to understand what's going on in an Ant-Man film.

Oddly enough, despite Cap being my favorite Marvel superhero growing up, I have yet to see a Captain America film -- that is, other than the first Avengers movie; he was in that obviously.
    It's all connected. Even the tv shows.
    I miss igotid88
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    You didn't see Ant-Man?

The Captain America movies are among the best of the Marvel films, you should watch them, Civil War is great.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:
    dankind said:
    You didn't see Ant-Man?

The Captain America movies are among the best of the Marvel films, you should watch them, Civil War is great.
    Winter Soldier, as well. The first one is good, but not the best of the 3.
    I do agree, though, that the movies should have some sort of recap at the beginning. Hell, Spider-Man: Homecoming did, and it was great. Don't know why they wouldn't do something like it at the beginning of Ant-Man and the Wasp
    I also saw Captain Marvel last night, and loved it. Best Stan Lee cameo yet!
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    Can we talk about Captain Marvel now?

I'm ready to chat.

I'm ready to chat.
    No. =)
    Couldn't go last weekend, going Saturday. 
    Poncier said:

I'm ready to chat.
    No. =)
    Don't click on the thread until you've watched then, lol!
    Poncier said:

I'm ready to chat.
    No. =)
    Don't click on the thread until you've watched then, lol!
    If I don't click on the thread how will I see this warning not to click on the thread?
    New Endgame trailer as dropped

https://youtu.be/TcMBFSGVi1c

(Tim Rogers)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    what up, nerds?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06