New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Great move. Obj was a cancer.  Good riddance. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    njnancy said:
    igotid88 said:
    Landon Collins going to the Redskins for 84 million. 45 guaranteed
    I don't typically complain about losing people, but I'm semi my losing shit right now. Please tell me it ain't true
    Crap - was he a free agent and signed with the Skins or did we foolishly trade him (or not pay him what he wanted). 
    Was talking about Odell. But yes. Collins was a FA
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wrong 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    OBJ could be pretty good with mayfield.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited March 2019
    At least he'll be with his friend Landry. Browns are gonna be stacked. 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    Gonna miss and would have liked to see him break records as a Giant. Shepard needs to step up. Maybe good can come out of this.
    I miss igotid88
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Is this Peppers kid any good?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I wish I still drank.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Wobbie said:
    that wasn’t a jab.....that was a HO-LEE shit. I knew there were rumors but I’m surprised it happened.
    The Juggler would have had something good to say and I don't understand what the f%ck the Giants are doing. Haven't understood their personnel choices for awhile. 

We need to protect the O line so let's get rid of Odell and Collins - in what universe does that make any sense?
    Is this Peppers kid any good?
    1st round pick. Has a good rating on pro football focus. Still young so can get better.
    I miss igotid88
    Odell could have gone to SF. But they didn't want to give up their 2nd pick.
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    SO happy DoucheBell didn't go to SF 
    He is the player I most dislike in the NFL who is not a woman beater or murderer.
    You guys got ripped off, though.  Can't believe you traded the dude you just signed to a record deal last year.  For....well for not enough

I guess you look great if DoucheLord JR gets busted for drugs sometime soon.

Sorry for Giants fans but I was so scared my favorite 49ers were going to get him 
    Whew.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Giants got back a bunch... ask the Steelers

granted Odell is younger than AB, I think it’s a good move for a team that’s not gonna contend until they recognize their next qb, and groom him for a couple of years. You don’t pay an asshole $90M to cause this much trouble, if your not gonna be a leader at that salary, then def don’t be a detriment

Its a move Cleveland can take a chance on, Kareem Hunt possibly, Chubb, Landry, Beckham, Baker, Njoku plus a serious defense, bout fuckin time for them

• crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    edited March 2019
    CROJAM95 said:
    Giants got back a bunch... ask the Steelers

granted Odell is younger than AB, I think it’s a good move for a team that’s not gonna contend until they recognize their next qb, and groom him for a couple of years. You don’t pay an asshole $90M to cause this much trouble, if your not gonna be a leader at that salary, then def don’t be a detriment

Its a move Cleveland can take a chance on, Kareem Hunt possibly, Chubb, Landry, Beckham, Baker, Njoku plus a serious defense, bout fuckin time for them

You don't trade a guy you just paid 21M for essentially 12 games and will cost you 16M in cap space next season on top of that.  Not a leader, but the guy can ball.  If they were going to trade him, they should've never signed him.  The timing of this trade is extremely dumb.  
    Who knows what happened from then to Now, no doubt Gettleman is shit..... being hilariously trolled by Josh Norman.

im just saying the return they got for a headcase is pretty solid... Teams get fleeced when these type of guys become available. Also certain Organizations like the Giants aren’t good fits for guys like Beckham, nor was Pittsburgh.... AB on Raiders, Odell to Browns both seem fitting. 

As GM of Carolina he has a pretty good record. I don't know how much of it he's responsible for? As long as his picks do great this season. Hopefully we get a pass rusher in the first round
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    As GM of Carolina he has a pretty good record. I don't know how much of it he's responsible for? As long as his picks do great this season. Hopefully we get a pass rusher in the first round
    You spelled Haskins wrong
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wrong 
    Tell me again how many playoff wins OBJ has?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    igotid88 said:
    You spelled Haskins wrong
    Don't we have 2 first round picks?
    I miss igotid88
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    I'm not opposed to trading Beckham- in order to get something.
    But we got nothing- Peppers is just a lesser version of Collins, who we just got rid of. Why do that?
    And not even a high draft pick?
    He's one of the best players in the league, in his prime, and the Giants walked away with nothing.
    edited March 2019
    eddiec said:
    I'm not opposed to trading Beckham- in order to get something.
    But we got nothing- Peppers is just a lesser version of Collins, who we just got rid of. Why do that?
    And not even a high draft pick?
    He's one of the best players in the league, in his prime, and the Giants walked away with nothing.
    It’s hard to get a Khalil Mack like return when the trade subject says he doesn’t even want to be on your team, is injured often, cries on the sideline, wasn’t he on a bed with cocaine on video? Maybe trading Julio Jones or an AJ Green gets you more cause they aren’t pieces of shit

all things considered, Giants got a decent haul.
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
    I actually don't mind swapping the of Peppers for Collins.  PFF, for whatever it's worth, has Peppers as better and he is much cheaper.

I just hate the deal.  17th pick isn't enough. Odell is really f'ing good.
    In the end, how many top flight wr’s have won a SB recently? Julio was there until Kyle fucked it up

then you have a team so far away in so many positions, the dead cap space sucks, but it’s only a year

if I’m the Giants, I wait and tank for the Clemson QB... use these picks to solidify OL & DL

quickest path to glory

if your not sold on a qb in this draft... wait, build up your team and get a sure thing in Trevor Lawrence 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    CROJAM95 said:

if your not sold on a qb in this draft... wait, build up your team and get a sure thing in Trevor Lawrence 
    You'll have to really suck, cause the Dolphins are committed to 0-16 to get Lawrence.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

You'll have to really suck, cause the Dolphins are committed to 0-16 to get Lawrence.
    Haha so true, forgot bout that

lets add 4/5 other teams prob gonna do the same 

So are the Giants officially eliminated this season?
    I miss igotid88
    CROJAM95 said:
    In the end, how many top flight wr’s have won a SB recently? Julio was there until Kyle fucked it up

then you have a team so far away in so many positions, the dead cap space sucks, but it’s only a year

if I’m the Giants, I wait and tank for the Clemson QB... use these picks to solidify OL & DL

quickest path to glory

Fair, I am not completely opposed to getting rid of him and I like Peppers, but it is real light to me.

They can't wait for Lawrence with no promise they'll even get him.  Plus you are wasting 2 more years of Saquon.  The only options are Haskins this year or Tua next, right?  They have 12 picks this year including 2 first rounders. They are not going to be in a position to get the first pick in 2 years.

If they get Haskins the combo of Haskins, Saquon and Peppers is going to be pretty pretty weird for Big 10 fans.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    igotid88 said:
    So are the Giants officially eliminated this season?
    They won't be mathematically eliminated from post season contention until 4:00 PM this afternoon.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    We do need a #1 WR
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    the “pundits” are universally panning this move.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16